Clemina Avalanche Video

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watched a guy cheat death yesterday at the hill climb hill at Clemina.
Lucky for him he was ok. Here is a link to the video.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuU-vnh5M9s[/media]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuU-vnh5M9s[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good job videoing that. I wonder who the superman was that is tougher than mother nature and invincible to avalanches.

clownboy is As bright as a burnt out lightbulb

Apex162

Reaction score
This is a total shame to watch this when all that is happen this year. I thankfully have ridden for 15 years with little problems and it's been a pure joy. I can't believe how quickly our sport will be ruined with trail closures and deaths from avy's and irresponsible riders who will not smarten up.:rant:

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lucky bugger,i bet he went and changed his shorts after that one..Just watching gives me goosebumps on how quick something like that can happen.
WOW

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no humour in this. Thanks for posting this video. The end of this riding season (hillclimbing) can not come soon enough. Way to many have been lost and this is a prime example of ignorance or lack of knowledge. There is a time and a place.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Someone was very lucky, and hope they all learn from this experience, thanks for sharing it with others. This is not the only way an avalanche can come down either. The day we were in an avalanche we were playing on the rolling hills and in the trees in the mid slope, so you don't have to be climbing a hill for this to happen either. Was this reported to the Canadian Avalanche Association? And everyone please watch out, the hills are sliding everywhere now, even if they slid once they can slide again. Again thanks for the video footage.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't report it but I did sent Lori from Zac's an email with the link.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The CAC wants to know how to reach these types of people. They have been posting all winter and a large group are not getting it.

It is interesting to note that at least two weak layers are evident. The fracture line at the top and the isolated ones in the middle. Absolutely amazing that the rider got out and the "ants" at the bottom were also safe!!!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Major Scrtamble at the bottom for sure. Slide went right down to the rock. there is that Hore Frost layer that has been a major facture all winter. Its up to you to make a difference or just wait till the Government keeps us out of areas

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great video, amazing went down to the rocks. Doesnt look like it was more than 3 feet depth on the actaul rocks.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really doubt that there is any way to reach these people.if twenty plus deaths dont, i highly doubt that some clever marketing by the CAA will.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, while most people won't ever poke at hillclimb it is still a good learning and reminder of Mother Natures power. Poor decisions and very lucky. I wonder how deep the gully is at the bottom now!! Comparing this to the Westridge pictures, I'm suprised the runout didn't travel further.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this video. My hope is that more people watch it and realize what the snow conditions are actually like out there. By the looks of the tracks on that hill there were quite a few sleds playing on it prior to it fracturing and sliding. These people were VERY lucky....they could have quite easily been statistics like all the others we have had this year. I don't really know what it's going to take for people to start getting the message. I'm sure next season we will likely face more closures because of the "not so smart" actions that some have chosen to take this season. :nono:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
That is amazing footage......... That rider and all the ones at the bottom(8 in total?) are lucky the whole thing didn't let go right from the top. After all the "moderate to high" ratings of avalanches for all of bc, it truly is amazing anyone is still flirting with mother nature's avalanche wing.......too many riders, too close to home have already fallen. We don't need anymore. Thanks for posting that video.

Top Bottom