Spanish MotoGp

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are a few videos from the fantastic Spanish MotoGp race...there is no doubt that Marc Marquez is currently the best motorcycle racer on the planet. First its the crazy save while in first place and then storming trough the field from P18 all the way to P3 and then crashing while setting up the pass for P2...shame about his arm.

160 Kph in the corner where the two incidents take place...120 Kph through he gravel.

When the error message says the video unavailable...just click the link to YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg4FqulAVrw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ePTMM36Fk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKMpc-DVLVA

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone on here recommended a hour long doc/video on Marquez and a Ducati rider. It was focused on the Duc rider, but it was pretty clear Marquez is in a league of a his own. Generational talent.

Personally I'd declare Marquez the best race driver in the world. It takes far more talent to ride and dominate in MotoGP than it does in F1 or any other form of car or bike racing, IMO.

What really surprised me about that doc was that they allow their MotoGP riders to ride dirtbikes on tracks. Seems super risky to the MotoGP career to be ripping around on a dirt bike. I know most professional athletes have provisions in their contract that bans them from riding any form of motorcycle.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone on here recommended a hour long doc/video on Marquez and a Ducati rider. It was focused on the Duc rider, but it was pretty clear Marquez is in a league of a his own. Generational talent.

Personally I'd declare Marquez the best race driver in the world. It takes far more talent to ride and dominate in MotoGP than it does in F1 or any other form of car or bike racing, IMO.

What really surprised me about that doc was that they allow their MotoGP riders to ride dirtbikes on tracks. Seems super risky to the MotoGP career to be ripping around on a dirt bike. I know most professional athletes have provisions in their contract that bans them from riding any form of motorcycle.
Each racing discipline has its own set of talents and dangers. Although sports like Nascar, Indy and FI look easy on TV they have very unique challenges and environments to deal with. What I would say about GP is that you put it all out there and if something goes wrong you have a better chance of bodily harm because you have no roll cage around you. Personally I think rally car racing is probably the home of the worlds greatest driver. Watching those guys drifting, braking and accelerating around back roads and mountain roads is crazy. Those are real skills IMHO. The Isle of Man competition is an incredibly demanding form of racing as well. Crazy balls to race that.

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This just happened to Dovisioso. He had permission to ride his dirtbike and crashed a couple weeks before the opening Grand Prix. He had surgery (collar bone? I think) and I think he still raced. I missed the race so I am not sure.
I don't follow as much as I used to, but Moto GP ****s all over F1.
I miss Nicky Hayden, RIP.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Each racing discipline has its own set of talents and dangers. Although sports like Nascar, Indy and FI look easy on TV they have very unique challenges and environments to deal with. What I would say about GP is that you put it all out there and if something goes wrong you have a better chance of bodily harm because you have no roll cage around you. Personally I think rally car racing is probably the home of the worlds greatest driver. Watching those guys drifting, braking and accelerating around back roads and mountain roads is crazy. Those are real skills IMHO. The Isle of Man competition is an incredibly demanding form of racing as well. Crazy balls to race that.

Yeah I agree with most of that. That's the thing with the MotoGP riders, they have to put the bike on the edge almost constantly, and consequence and risk of injury is like 10x higher than in a cage. This makes developing talent and training all the more elusive and impressive.

And I would put car rally drivers in second, behind MotoGP.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a side note...I cancelled some of my cable channels that had motorcycle racing and replaced it with a MotoGp streaming pass. The savings on the cable channel cancellation paid for the streaming pass and I can now watch hundreds of recordings whenever I like.

They also extended last years pass to include all of 2020...two years for the price of one.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like Marc is planning on racing this weekend:

MotoGP™ Medical Director Dr Angel Charte: “As you all know, Marc Marquez had a crash where he suffered an injury, which was a diaphyseal fracture to the humerus. He underwent a surgical intervention where they plate it and 48 hours later, as is stated in the medical regulations, he has the right to request a medical evaluation to participate in the next race. Today he came to the medical examination unit, where they tried all of the movements that involve this kind of injury and it turns out he’s able to do them perfectly. There were no signs of pain or mechanical inability of his right arm, and therefore the exhaustive medical examination, although it seems strange to us, has been positive. It proves the rider is perfectly ready to race. At what percentage, that can’t be told, but he fulfils the rigorous medical protocol for this type of injury.

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Marquez is insane.
He sat out free practice today for one more day of healing, but will try qualifying tomorrow.

Rins and Crutchlow were back on track today after their latest surgeries.
How these guys can stay in the seat with balls that big is incredible.

Top Bottom