Clearance issues running 3 inch track with aerocharger snow to air cooler

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question is moreso directed to those already running the aerocharger on a xp or xm with the snow to air cooler ( oler1234 and fredw ). Wondering if you guys had clearance issues at the top front of the tunnel.

I have a 14 xm and have the aero kit coming and was hoping to throw the 3 inch I have sitting around on it.

This One may not apply to you fredw since I believe you are running the drop and roll with 8 tooth drivers but figure you still may be able to chime in here as you have quite a bit of experience with running the aero.

Oh I forgot to mention I will be running it with the new style 7 inch avids. Track is the old style full paddles as well.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are no clearance issues running the snow to air and a 3". Ours is the old style 3" and 7th drivers. Having the track out will make the operation much simpler to install the snow/air inter cooler. Not the greatest picture but you get the idea. Just as a side note, I would most definitely like to get out with you once you have completed your install. Be interesting to see how the two sleds compare given skidoo's & Aerocharger's changes for this season.

image.jpg

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[HIDE][/HIDE]
Thanks for the Info, that's exactly what I was looking for.

my concern was with the clearance of the paddles hitting the cooler that sits down in the tunnel a bit. We both know the 3 inch adds enough vibration as it is, no need for there to be anymore with additional rubbing.

I forsure would be down to get together once it's tuned . Ill let you know when we come down with a small group of 2 or 3 guys and can meet up in revy or you can show me around golden for a day.

As for clutching I plan to start with aeros set up included In the kit as a baseline. What did you change to incorporate the 3 inch and 7 tooth gearing reduction ?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea the 3" can vibrate, with those new style driver I'd image it would be less. The drivers are wider and might create more stability as the track rounds the driver. Not sure what you mean by what we changed? We eventually changed the clutching and gearing, so that would be everything. Started out with aeros recommended setup as a baseline and made changes from there for our riding style and areas.

Top Bottom