Check out my sweet new ride!!

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pic's of the new Polaris 850 XP Limited Edition.
I have had it out twice now, brand new chewing through deep snow etc. & breaking it in seems to be getting about 70 KM to a tank of fuel 17L. Should be much better as it get more use and less snow. First impression is very good, SO FAR it seems to be the best unit i have every had or riden', very smooth riding & smooth seamless power delivery, great sound (not too loud). The power steering is the best thing i have ever came accross, simply amazing even with the tires aired down to about 2psi for the snow. It has surpised me how much snow it will pull through, where other quads fall off the trail and get stuck, this thing will normally just power through it.
So far the only small problem i have found is some defective lock 'n ride locks and a small plastic cover just above my right ankle that is too close to the exhaust.

Attachments

• 850 XP 8.jpg
    850 XP 8.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 850 XP 12.jpg
    850 XP 12.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 850 XP 16.jpg
    850 XP 16.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 50

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Looks real nice hadster.How big is the winch?3000# would be handy.Does it have the synthetic rope? And the lights came with the bumper or no.What did you put on it for extras?

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a 3500 lbs winch with synthetic rope, and yes the lights & front bumper came with the quad (only available on the LE).I'll update my sig. on here with all the add ons.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why did you get rid of the brute???:d:beer:

I got rid of the Brute becuase with my wrist problems i needed power steering, and i must say it has helped alot. Also on a side note i did not like the diff lock lever system on the Kawi and i thought the ground clearance was not very good without modding it. Other than those things i really loved the Brute, but believe me this 850 XP is WAY WAY better than the Brute in pretty much everything.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
beautiful unit...looking at one myself...just waiting to hear enough feedback on the new 850's what are we looking at price wise if you don't mind me asking? before all the mods

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Before all the add ons etc. bone stock it is $12,500. , but bear in mind this is the limited Edition model, the other models are cheaper. 850 XP $11,000. (same with power steering is $11,700.) The Limited Edition Browning (camo) is $11,900.
Mine with everything installed and all taxes came to a few bucks under $16,000. So far i would highly recomend getting one, more time will tell for sure. I have chatted with guy's down in the States that have had them for some time now, some of them have between 800 - 1500 MILES on them without a moments trouble. Naturally there are a few guys having some problems, but Polaris is fixing everything qiuckly pretty much without question.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how the painted plastic holds up to everyday riding in the bush etc. Hopefully it'll still shine at least a bit in a yr or 2!!

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey hadster went and had a boo at the polaris ...but not sure if i'm fond of the stick to go from high to low and so on how do you find it? might be nice in the deep water or mudhole but wondering what you think of it?

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The long stick shifter is the one thing that Polaris did not change on the new XP models and i did not really like it either. However after using it for a while it seems alright, a little early to tell but i think it'll be fine.

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's one NICE look'in machine !!! .... More a camo man myself, but Dang, that's good look'in !!!! :wtg:

Later ....

Top Bottom