check engine light

southside21

Reaction score
I just had a pc5 put on my 10 assault and before that the check engine light was flashing 5 times stop for a second and flash again.My mechanic said it was nothing just a code thing? but nothing was wrong sometimes from snow ingestion or other things.went out today 30 seconds in check light flashing again.did not feel any power loss and sounds good,also noticed alot of smoke at exhaust connection right off the motor.

southside21

Reaction score
I was monitoring the temp and it was around 120 which is normal,it seemed like it was smoking coming from the connection off the motor.i really like the sled works great out west i find just curious on what i can do to improve performance.I put a pc5,acquired a can from a 2009 assault an slp,i modified it to fit on my sled is secure and seems finewondering if an 09 and 2010 slp cans are basically the same other than the bottom bracket.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can's are the same diff mounting bracket.5 flashes is the pipe sensor,either unhooked or you tightened too much and the porcelain is cracked.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure what you mean tightened to much tightened the can.
Have you ever had the pipe sensor out? If you have you might of tightened it too much cracking the porcelain insulator.
It is located in the pipe not the exhaust can.

Top Bottom