2015 Ram 6.7 Cummins turbo

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered one but hasn’t shown up yet. If it turns out to be the turbo I’ll just swap the turbo with the new actuator.

What I’m feeling with the turbo vanes and the mileage on the truck I doubt it’s the turbo. I only use the truck for pulling it’s not a daily driver…so it can sit.
I hope it works for you.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well 1000km later and so far the city diesel actuator did the trick. It’s quite a nice piece.

407B7440-0BCB-4B9E-B942-167B31199C35.jpeg

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's good news, hopefully it continues to work, you'll know within a few months.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
efff my luck…didn’t matter anyway cause the dealer was on back order for them.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will if I get that letter. Good idea!!!!
If anyone would like to PM or text me the last 8 digits of their VIN, I can tell you if the X99 warranty has been attached to your VIP report. I know all the 2015's I've checked have the extended warranty. My 2016 does not. Unfortunately... FCA Canada isn't even going to give you a gift certificate to reimburse you.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I got the letter today… so I emailed them to see about reimbursement. I will post up the reply.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder why they only picked 2015 when all 2013+ have the issue? My 2014 no recall for it, turbo just replaced recently.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ended up calling them and they won’t do anything to help cover parts. Basically said I would have to wait till the back ordered part arrives. Which they are telling me is still in back order.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ended up calling them and they won’t do anything to help cover parts. Basically said I would have to wait till the back ordered part arrives. Which they are telling me is still in back order.

Of course they will try to get out of it anyway you can. Got nothing to lose pushing it further. Or at the very least even if you've replaced it tell them you want the part, you could sell it and recoup some money at least. Think of it this way, if 10,000 owners all filed lawsuits against them for it, even at a few grand a pop, think of the legal fees alone to defend that. They get away with it because they know most people will never bother. I am going to look into the recall and consider it, I just bought a 14 from my mom who just replaced the turbo a few months ago at $4k. It's absolute garbage how bad these actuators are, I bet less then 10% of trucks hit 200k before they fail.

Top Bottom