Changing the 2008 gmc for a 2010 ram

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was my third gmc in my life time being 24 years old. I have my reasons.......my 08s a mid class sle with the 5.3, i drove a new 6.2 lbz chevy with the new tranny and it still didnt sway me. Ive heard the downs of the dodge from the chevy guys but my issues with the gm trucks the dodges dont have......im getting a unreal price and every time i test drove it put a smile on my face, the 6.2 just felt the same as my truck i have now but a bit faster, the interior is a bit nicer but the wood is fake and crappy as hell in the chevy and it already seems like the whole truck is out of date already.

financing went through, just need to get the truck on a dealer trade and i should have it in the stable after the paper work thursday night........ Will post pics, but its a black on black crew ram, leather, sunroof, trailer brake controller, larger tank, larger rear end, and towing mirrors....... WOO cant wait, that truck is F A S T would have liked a diesel but just cant afford it right now and i dont really need one right now.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
This was my third gmc in my life time being 24 years old. I have my reasons.......my 08s a mid class sle with the 5.3, i drove a new 6.2 lbz chevy with the new tranny and it still didnt sway me. Ive heard the downs of the dodge from the chevy guys but my issues with the gm trucks the dodges dont have......im getting a unreal price and every time i test drove it put a smile on my face, the 6.2 just felt the same as my truck i have now but a bit faster, the interior is a bit nicer but the wood is fake and crappy as hell in the chevy and it already seems like the whole truck is out of date already.

financing went through, just need to get the truck on a dealer trade and i should have it in the stable after the paper work thursday night........ Will post pics, but its a black on black crew ram, leather, sunroof, trailer brake controller, larger tank, larger rear end, and towing mirrors....... WOO cant wait, that truck is F A S T would have liked a diesel but just cant afford it right now and i dont really need one right now.

Explain please. I'm looking to trade in my 06 Sierra SLT crew 5.3 on something new, and the Dodges are looking pretty nice.

Tons of guys running them in the field down here, and they seem to be standing up real well. Only issue I have heard of was 2 of em that broke rear shock mounts. We welded them back up in the field, no issue since. But if you saw where these guys were driving you would understand why they broke the mounts.

They are reporting great power and super mileage, and they sure look nice...

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest problem with driving a Dodge is the visibility, whith the paper bag on your head makes it hard to see.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Explain please. I'm looking to trade in my 06 Sierra SLT crew 5.3 on something new, and the Dodges are looking pretty nice.
I'm still waiting to se if there are any major issues with the new model's............I have an old 2005 dodge 2500 that I will never part with....it's been a good truck but had a few buggs at the start. I will probably get rid of the new ford.......... and* go to* a 2011 dodge......Had been looking at everything..... but all accounts say that the dodge has been a solid truck and the best bang for the buck right now.............. still weary of any new first year model.....that's why i'll pick up a 2011...................Let me know what you get Dave B.......... I like my 2005.....but got rid of the 2007 for the same reasons everyone else did. now to unload the ford.

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ford, Chevy, Dodge, they all make good trucks just depends what you want. They all have pros and cons too. I would be a little nervous about a Ford deisel as they have had a lot of problems, maybe their new deisel is good now? time will tell. I'm happy with my 07 dodge 2500 5.9 cummins, its a great truck.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ford, Chevy, Dodge, they all make good trucks just depends what you want. They all have pros and cons too. I would be a little nervous about a Ford deisel as they have had a lot of problems, maybe their new deisel is good now? time will tell. I'm happy with my 07 dodge 2500 5.9 cummins, its a great truck.
I thought the 2007 had a 6.7.......... wasn't the 2005-06 the transition and end of the 5.9

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2007 was the first year of the new 6.7 but they did build some 07s with the 5.9 (without all the emissions crap on the 6.7). Not sure if it was just the first half of the year or if it was something you could order? I'm glad mine is the 5.9 cummins though!

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2007 was the first year of the new 6.7 but they did build some 07s with the 5.9 (without all the emissions crap on the 6.7). Not sure if it was just the first half of the year or if it was something you could order? I'm glad mine is the 5.9 cummins though!

They are generally called 2007.5 with the 6.7, the last builds I think were around March of 2007 IIRC.

So if someone says they have a 2007 6.7, they ment 2007.5, just like the transition in 2004/2004.5.

My advice join a dodge forums like Dodgetalk, OR the and get as much useful information as possible.

Also 2009 was the first year and change to 4th gen for the 1500 trucks, 2010 was the change for the 2500/3500.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love mine. My dad liked it so much he bought one. Buddy drove chev all his life, he bought a 2010 Ram and loves it. I love listening to all the experts who don't own one, talk about my truck. LOL

yep, sure do hate having all that power when I'm passing the Toyota's, Chevys, Fords, etc......:rolleyes:

Go buy a Ford so you can have motor issues, or buy a Chev and hope you don't high center on the speed bumps leaving the dealership, blah blah blah. I read on the internet that the 1986 Nissan pickup is the truck to have. Must be true.

Every brand has good and bad points, so go down to the dealership and test drive one.

Sledneck - enjoy your new truck and don't let anyone's brand bias ruin it for ya dude. They're a sweet ride IMO. Going out to the parking lot now to drive home in my Ram truck. See ya tomorrow

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I like the new Dodges,think they are a nice looking truck,,,,But i don't know about the rear coil springs,,Anyone know if they handle weight good or not?
The 3/4 and 1 tons still have leafs obviously but for a half ton to use coils again is weird.
back in the 70's it was common but this day an age i think it is strange.

Any thoughts

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the new Dodges,think they are a nice looking truck,,,,But i don't know about the rear coil springs,,Anyone know if they handle weight good or not?
The 3/4 and 1 tons still have leafs obviously but for a half ton to use coils again is weird.
back in the 70's it was common but this day an age i think it is strange.

Any thoughts

Airbags,.. I work with 2 guys that have 2010 trucks and need airbags to prevent bad squatting in the back towing boats, trailers, etc.

The good thing is the squatting levels out the truck because it sits so front end low. I guess one of the selling features is the ride,.. but they could have helped that by not putting a sucky OEM shock on every truck they make.

When I had my 2006 TRX offroad,.. the shocks were crap.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That explains allot right there for those looking at a Dodge gasser. You will NEED the larger tank.

Do you own one?? :rolleyes:

Mileage is the same or better than the chevy 5.7's from what I've seen (brother owns one). Power blows them underpowered Chevy's and Ford's out of the water though! :eek: Ride is way better too! and handling! And price is better than the other 2 also!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That explains allot right there for those looking at a Dodge gasser. You will NEED the larger tank.

967 kms on my last tank - 110 litres. Computer was 11.4 L/100kms (almost 21 mpg). Yeah, fuel mileage is terrible, I should trade it for a hyundai I guess - oh wait - the 4WD hyundai veracruz is getting almost the same highway mileage.....

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

967 kms on my last tank - 110 litres. Computer was 11.4 L/100kms (almost 21 mpg). Yeah, fuel mileage is terrible, I should trade it for a hyundai I guess - oh wait - the 4WD hyundai veracruz is getting almost the same highway mileage.....

:PDT_lam::PDT_lam::PDT_lam::PDT_lam::PDT_lam: You just got chit on!

Our 04 1500 Hemi Dodge 5.7 gets 11mpg, its brutal, and our megacab 2005 1500 5.7 gets the same.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never calculated mileage with my previous truck because I drove it like I stole it and it was fast as hell, the only thing that beat me was a Cummins and Duramax with an efi live tune.

Now I own a Cummins :)

I hear the mileage is better on the newer 1500's BUT you have to break the engine in properly for it to prove over the long run.

Top Bottom