2015 GMC - whats it worth?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, looking for advice from you guys on what my truck is worth.

My employer prefers we don't run our trucks past 200,000 km. Mine is now creeping up to 210,000 km. I would prefer to run it longer because it is in great shape....I ran my last one to nearly 400k before I sold it.

Its a 2015 GMC 1500 Sierra SLT crew cab, white with Jet Black leather interior.
6.2L (replaced with complete new engine at 106,000 under warranty), 8 spd trans, 20" tires 275/55R20 polished alum wheels, leather bucket seats with center console, power/heated trailer mirrors, max trailering pkg, 7600 lb GVW with 3:42 ratio, spray in box liner, LED bed lights, power adj pedals, 8" touchscreen radio, 110v plug, NAV (no dvd), rear camera, 6" chrome steps, complete protective wrap pkg (by Tom at St Albert Tint), HID 55W lights (Morimoto pkg) and LED fogs.
I think its was pretty much a loaded truck except, no sunroof, no sliding rear window and no bumper sensors as I was advised not to order them when spec'ing out this truck.

It has a BakFlip MX4 folding hard cover which I may keep and throw it on the next truck.

Runs great, used daily...I would prefer to keep but I have a newer one in my garage for personal use.

oh, windshield has a few cracks...was planning to put in new when selling.

So, looking at the vast knowledge of the S&M members.....what should I sell it for??

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You’ll get 30k easily. Just ran 7 2015 gmcs through auction that were beat to **** plain Jane work trucks and got about 20k for each one

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some banks use vmrcanada.com to give you an idea what you should pay for a used vehicle.

This is what I use . It’s pretty close.
GMC is always $5k more then a Ford equipment the same .
Sold a few and always the same .

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
wouldn't a guy just figure out what an equivalent Ford is worth and then add 20%? :D
Hahaha...................I've had them both and enjoyed them. Not a lot of problems with either iMHO. With my 2008 Sierra getting up in miles, I decided it was time for a new truck. Went to GM dealers to start looking and lo' and behold the 3500's weren't available for 6 months. The salesmen tried to push me into a 1500. I was happy with my last two GMC's but I didn't want to wait for 6 months for a new 1 ton. That's why I am driving my 2013 F350 now. Good luck with your sale and I mean that in all seriousness and without humour.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what I use . It’s pretty close.
GMC is always $5k more then a Ford equipment the same .
Sold a few and always the same .

I called a broker two years back that I have sold trucks to in the past, asked what is the best truck to buy for resale to the us

His reply was the ford platinum single wheel, 4wd diesel loaded up.. said it would sell 5 grand higher than duramax Denali..

So I tried one out for two years, liked truck and sold it to him in November.. with 50k on it

Payed me 84k and never looked at it.. not bad for a used truck
675239a781c1b6bffa3e0d165355debe.jpg

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called a broker two years back that I have sold trucks to in the past, asked what is the best truck to buy for resale to the us

His reply was the ford platinum single wheel, 4wd diesel loaded up.. said it would sell 5 grand higher than duramax Denali..

So I tried one out for two years, liked truck and sold it to him in November.. with 50k on it

Payed me 84k and never looked at it.. not bad for a used truck//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210306/675239a781c1b6bffa3e0d165355debe.jpg

Yeh I was talking 1/2 ton’s . Not sure on the diesel side of things now .
Duramax was always higher a few years back but Ford has really picked up for sure .
GM lags way behind with new things .

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tell him to pound sand
I use my 1996 ram as my "work truck" and they pay me 1.15 a km
That's bogus they are making you get a new truck, this isn't 2002, it's 2022. People cannot afford 5 year or new vehicles anymore
If you want roll the kms back and he cant say dick

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tell him to pound sand
That's bogus they are making you get a new truck, this isn't 2002, it's 2022. People cannot afford 5 year or new vehicles anymore
2 things your not considering, what he is getting paid for useage, maybe based on a 5 year or new truck?. and what he is using it for.

If your working for me, I pay you based on a 5 year or newer truck and you show up in a 96 Dodge, your turning around and going strait home.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tell him to pound sand
Its real.. for contractors they like a truck with in 5 years of current date, this has been relaxed a bit lately for sure. Bigger the company the worse it seems. My trucks are always in good repair so I get a pass at times.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, looking for advice from you guys on what my truck is worth.

My employer prefers we don't run our trucks past 200,000 km. Mine is now creeping up to 210,000 km. I would prefer to run it longer because it is in great shape....I ran my last one to nearly 400k before I sold it.

Its a 2015 GMC 1500 Sierra SLT crew cab, white with Jet Black leather interior.
6.2L (replaced with complete new engine at 106,000 under warranty), 8 spd trans, 20" tires 275/55R20 polished alum wheels, leather bucket seats with center console, power/heated trailer mirrors, max trailering pkg, 7600 lb GVW with 3:42 ratio, spray in box liner, LED bed lights, power adj pedals, 8" touchscreen radio, 110v plug, NAV (no dvd), rear camera, 6" chrome steps, complete protective wrap pkg (by Tom at St Albert Tint), HID 55W lights (Morimoto pkg) and LED fogs.
I think its was pretty much a loaded truck except, no sunroof, no sliding rear window and no bumper sensors as I was advised not to order them when spec'ing out this truck.

It has a BakFlip MX4 folding hard cover which I may keep and throw it on the next truck.

Runs great, used daily...I would prefer to keep but I have a newer one in my garage for personal use.

oh, windshield has a few cracks...was planning to put in new when selling.

So, looking at the vast knowledge of the S&M members.....what should I sell it for??
Been snooping Around a bit at the GM half tons , used , and sure been hearing a lot of issues with the 6.2 , even from the techs at the GM shops ? Is it really a big issue ?

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its real.. for contractors they like a truck with in 5 years of current date, this has been relaxed a bit lately for sure. Bigger the company the worse it seems. My trucks are always in good repair so I get a pass at times.
IN 2005, sure, when the economy was booming, but now being forced to buy a vehicle, unless they literally pay 1000 a month plus kms I wouldnt take that job.

2 things your not considering, what he is getting paid for useage, maybe based on a 5 year or new truck?. and what he is using it for.

If your working for me, I pay you based on a 5 year or newer truck and you show up in a 96 Dodge, your turning around and going strait home.

if I was contractually obligated to have a 5 year or newer vehicle I would agree with you, but he never mentioned that.

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I pay my workers what the CRA allows without taxes on that which is .55 per km. They are able to write off their repairs and any vehicle payments but I do expect a reliable safe Vehicle they do go to jobsites Or are driving representing my company. We have a monthly vehicle checklist That are filled out monthly by the employees did you get Reviewed by me or safety auditors. If I’m sending pieces of junk to jobsites I as the contracted company or holding liability for my workers and also take on some liability for the vehicles they are operating. My company insurance covers company vehicles on site not employee Owned vehicles
So I do request that the employees have the appropriate insurance in place

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pay my workers what the CRA allows without taxes on that which is .55 per km. They are able to write off their repairs and any vehicle payments but I do expect a reliable safe Vehicle they do go to jobsites Or are driving representing my company. We have a monthly vehicle checklist That are filled out monthly by the employees did you get Reviewed by me or safety auditors. If I’m sending pieces of junk to jobsites I as the contracted company or holding liability for my workers and also take on some liability for the vehicles they are operating. My company insurance covers company vehicles on site not employee Owned vehicles
So I do request that the employees have the appropriate insurance in place

Unless the persons vehicle is under a business they won't be writing any vehicle payments off, or so has been my experience.
No brainer the employee has to have 1 or 2 million insurance.
In my experience having a vehicle peronsally and taking that 53 cents get a guy further ahead. But to each their own, just like the jab haha

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless the persons vehicle is under a business they won't be writing any vehicle payments off, or so has been my experience.
No brainer the employee has to have 1 or 2 million insurance.
In my experience having a vehicle peronsally and taking that 53 cents get a guy further ahead. But to each their own, just like the jab haha

No that's not true. All you need is a signed form from employer that your vehicle is required for the position and you can write off the portion of expenses that the vehicle is used for your job, as a regular employee.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO it's not about the age, it's if it looks decent and is reliable. There are many 5 year old vehicles that don't meet either of those, and plenty of 10-15 year old one's that meet both. 5 years old and 200k is nothing. But as long as the compensation is good enough to justify replacing them, who cares. But it's part of why bigger companies have so much overhead. I run older well looked after stuff that's paid for and make bucketful's more money then the companies who like to run new shiny stuff. And when things slow down and many of them are out of business it's a great time to upgrade for cheap.

Top Bottom