Chain tensioner

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just broke the tensioner in my chain case took out the top gear and chain and yea same old song and dance warranty end in end of Dec and they want $600 dollars for parts and labour .My qustion is did anyone else have the same problem or its just my bad luck

jimxp

Reaction score
on my 08 xp mine went at 5500kms, its cheaper to do yourself, but a bit of labour there...

treeboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Consider yourself lucky thats all it did and not blown out the chain case. I'd say your looking more around $200 +- for parts. Average 90 to 150 for the chain 50 for the top gear and whatever for the tensioner. Few tools and do it yourself.
I just blew my whole case up and quoted 970 for parts, I think i'm going to C3syncrodrive now at $30 more.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just saw an '11 freeride at the dealership that ejected the tensioner out of the bottom of the case. nasty

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go on snowest there was one with an extra belt and carbon cover for 600,you might wanna different gear ratio but thats easy and cheap.I run this system and it kicks as@ ,super slick you can see if there is any issue just by opening your panel,no more oil..i would suggest gettin the sleave for the top sprocket also..

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Yup good ol skidoo reliability!! :beer::d:beer: Their starting to make Poo's look good.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
come on ,people have to inspect there ride every once and a while..

treeboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess i'm doing good at replacing them around every 3500 or every season. This last chain lasted maybe 1200km and I checked the tension the night before, but it was a low priced chain they brought in. Seemed really cheap too me.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess i'm doing good at replacing them around every 3500 or every season. This last chain lasted maybe 1200km and I checked the tension the night before, but it was a low priced chain they brought in. Seemed really cheap too me.
u should give that kevin a call about his barely used syncro drive,great deal he is in ontario

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy just lowered his price to 500 shipped, unreal ,this is a killer deal

Top Bottom