Caution Buying Mirage Trailer.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Rob you fawktard read these below, this isn't Snow West where the Admin and Mods sawk your d*ck when you're a site sponsor. You're not going to get the same ass kissing treatment over here so don't bring your lying bull ch!t to this site. We made up a big banner for the trailer wait till you see it douche.
Last i've got to say about this.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by dale dalueg
Another Mirage bites the dust...... The brother in law has a 28 foot xtreme and the axles let go causing some serious damage, fought with Mirage for a number of months on it and got screwed. The trailer has less than 12k on it.

My dad has a xtreme also, I crawled under it to check out the axles and you wouldn't believe the chicken shat welds that are holding them in place, looks like a five year old was given a welder and told to go play............

I've been following the number of issues with the Mirage trailers and will be resourcing more information from the States and the Highway Traffic Safety Board to see when they are going to step in on the number of issues / accidents / complaints about Mirage.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by dale dalueg
So my name wasnt on the bill of sale I still have a financial interest in the trailer with the brother in law but that's what you get from Mirage........ Twist.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your all over the place, like a mouse and can't catch you. lol

Well I have bought a couple trailers from sws and still have one, but would not again. Pay extra and get a solid one. My 2 cents.

Last edited:

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a shame.
It has come to my attention that Dale Dalueg made up his whole story concerning his Mirage Trailer.
He claimed to be the original owner; and he is not, when questioned, he then claimed he co-owned the unit with the original owner, he did not.
He claimed the axle failed after 12 months, it did not.
He claimed the repair cost was $5200, it was not.
He claimed Mirage ignored him, we did not.
He claimed he called the dealer where he purchased the unit, he did not.
He claims to be a “victim”, he is not.

He was very aware the warranty was not transferable from the original owner and did everything, including compromising his integrity, to deceive Mirage.
Mirage offered to repair his unit at no charge if he returned it to the factory, we now realize why he decided not to choose this option.
If he would have been honest from the start, there would have been a totally different outcome.
The fact that he started his own personal "smear" campaign based on lies, is disappointing to say the least, and directly reflects the absence of morals in some individuals.

This concludes this matter.

Well nice job trying to do damage control....... But it's way to late, if you really cared you would have been a part of all the threads and have worked with people to fix issues, posted replies, and pictures. As you have not done anything but try and smear people..... I will not buy your trailers and I will be damn sure no one I know does either. A simple google search shows what kind of people you are and the product you produce, proof is in the pudding buddy. Hope the ship sinks, have a good one.

Anyone can cut and paste to threads..... See :p

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure hope my f350 doesn't have warranty issues. Hate like he'll to have to drive to kentucky to get it fixed
Well most of these matters are off warranty so good luck with ford a year after it has run out.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well most of these matters are off warranty so good luck with ford a year after it has run out.

Yeah but the thing is..... your ford does not explode on the hwy losing wheels that fly into on coming traffic which could kill a family, a ford does not snap axels on the hwy well loaded less then a year after warranty runs out. I don't think its a matter of things wearing out, its a matter of piss poor construction being sold at top dollar and then needing to be hauled, not towed.... but hauled at a cost also to the mfg plant to be fixed. A ford can be towed or driven to the dealer less then a couple hours away at most in worst case. In this case its more money then one would ever expect to pay to have it sent back to the shop and days away. So the real problem is that the word needs to get out regarding these guys and make sure they either produce a quality product that will last and is not a danger.... or see them go tits up for poor business practices.... If it were mine that trailer would be posted on bill boards and parked THROUGH the showroom door, this is not a couple thousand dollar were talking about here.

Last edited:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well after reading the response from mirage with the b.s. about not being original owner or name not on purchase agreement .. is that the way you hope to eliminate all your warranty issues is hoping they sell it before you have to fix it....

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A guy I know bought a new trailer from sws a few years back. Made it 25 miles before the rear axle/ hub bearing seized. Pulled the tire off and took it back to them. They told him sorry about your luck! Your supposed to check your wheel bearings before you pull it. It's part of your pre-trip inspection. What a joke! Needless to say there was no grease in the hubs when it was assembled. He unhooked the trailer in the yard, canceled the check and walked away. At least he was smart to walk away from junk. Imo.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A warrenty to non warrenty issue I should have never traded you fuel tanks.

Really...... Wow getting a little personal now are we? Pretty sure people are in tilted to there own opinion and free speech... No ??

And WTF does trading tanks have to do with the topic at hand ??? if we are on the topic of trading tanks since you put it out there, the clear tank you said that would fit my ZX does not. So i guess shame on me for believing some one and taking there word. It was a waste of time and gas for me but I will live and learn. I never should have traded you fuel tanks The tank is at the local dump if you wanted to go and pick it up.

Last edited:

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys i was one of the first ones that had the axle problems a couple years ago and was not getting any luck with me dealer so i decided to call Mirage direct and on doing so and telling them that i had a trip planned and needed a trailer. They Had me back on the road with in two weeks and the trailer was fixed at one of there warrenty depots in lethbridge and was no longer under warranty. You dont have to take the trailer all the way back to idaho for warrenty. What they were offering was any problem on any of their trailers they were honouring after the warrenty was up to show their loyalty to there customers after their axle failure but you had to get the trailer back to the factory. Mine has been a great trailer since then. I have it for sale on S&M and am getting rid of it only cause i am buying a brand new mirage trailer without any hesitation. Just my opinion. :twocents:

Last edited:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your one of the lucky one's.
My offer from Mirage was to haul the trailer to the factory in Idaho. Not sure how you do that with no axles under it, not even an offer to have one of their dealers in Canada look at it.

Well guys i was one of the first ones that had the axle problems a couple years ago and was not getting any luck with me dealer so i decided to call Mirage direct and on doing so and telling them that i had a trip planned and needed a trailer. They Had me back on the road with in two weeks and the trailer was fixed at one of there warrenty depots in lethbridge and was no longer under warranty. You dont have to take the trailer all the way back to idaho for warrenty. What they were offering was any problem on any of their trailers they were honouring after the warrenty was up to show their loyalty to there customers after their axle failure but you had to get the trailer back to the factory. Mine has been a great trailer since then. I have it for sale on S&M and am getting rid of it only cause i am buying a brand new mirage trailer without any hesitation. Just my opinion. :twocents:

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a problem with ours either, and the best flooring we've ever had.
Some are just lemons like with any brand.

Top Bottom