Caution Buying Mirage Trailer.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem is...Still have a steel frame with aluminum skin...

Only way to do it right is to reskin the ENTIRE trailer in steel...Not worth the money. Drive it till it falls apart then junk it...Economy trailers are disposable...

Not true I have a 6 year old haumark steel with alum skin it is fine. there are plenty of good alum skinned steel trailers out there, you don't know what you are talking about.

farwest

Reaction score
For what its worth, both of our Wells Cargos look the same.Washed after every trip. When you put dissimalar metals together with no sealer and expose it to salt and water it is bound to happen.Salt eats aluminum on its own , just look at your aluminum wheels after a winter.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Not true I have a 6 year old haumark steel with alum skin it is fine. there are plenty of good alum skinned steel trailers out there, you don't know what you are talking about.

Up your azz...

The Mirage trailers do not have the steel frames properly coated to accept aluminum panels thus the electrolisis...

Yes there ARE plenty of good aluminum skinned steel frame trailers, however this thread is about the Mirage, not the others...get with the program...

Sheesh...

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rsaint

Allandale 403 346 3148 they are a good dealer their advice is free just like this forum difference is they actually know what they are talking about from experience not opinion.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up your azz...

The Mirage trailers do not have the steel frames properly coated to accept aluminum panels thus the electrolisis...

Yes there ARE plenty of good aluminum skinned steel frame trailers, however this thread is about the Mirage, not the others...get with the program...

Sheesh...
Galvanic reaction, not electrolysis.........

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rsaint

Allandale 403 346 3148 they are a good dealer their advice is free just like this forum difference is they actually know what they are talking about from experience not opinion.
so you are actually advising people to not listen to practical experiences of members on a forum where nobody has anything to gain, but to listen the the advice of a dealer that most definitely has an agenda to sell his product?

people that have bought all aluminum trailers have done so either from poor experiences with steel framed/aluminum skinned trailers, or advice from those that have already made the expensive mistake. check the resale of your trailer compared to the exact model in all alum.

maybe there are better steel/alum trailers like yours, but apparently the mirage trailers are shitty.

ol man winter

Reaction score
your so right they make an infeirior product and sell it up here in alberta were there to far to return it, my two place deck fell apart after 1 year

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Rsaint

so you are actually advising people to not listen to practical experiences of members on a forum where nobody has anything to gain, but to listen the the advice of a dealer that most definitely has an agenda to sell his product?

people that have bought all aluminum trailers have done so either from poor experiences with steel framed/aluminum skinned trailers, or advice from those that have already made the expensive mistake. check the resale of your trailer compared to the exact model in all alum.

maybe there are better steel/alum trailers like yours, but apparently the mirage trailers are shitty.

And yes although Allan Dale has some great knowledgable people weird that you would send someone to a dealer for advice on a Mirage trailer when Allan Dale is not a Mirage dealer...

Save the trip or phone call I can tell you what they will say right now...

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The brother in law had his Mirage xtreme sport axle(s) on the right side front let go, took out the rear axle causing a significant amount of damage to the trailer.

All he's ever hauled in it is two or three sleds max. The thing has been babied and taken care of so it tells me there are still problems / issues with the axles on these trailers. Far too many stories of this out there.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To the original post thanks for putting up the pics I would never buy a mirage after seeing that plus lack of support from the manufacturer. Even if you did fix the bad spots it's only going to continue elsewhere on the trailer.

Last edited:

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To the original post thanks for putting up the pics I would never buy a mirage after seeing that plus lack of support from the manufacturer. Even if you did fix the bad spots it's only going to continue elsewhere on the trailer.

That is what my mission is bring this thread to the front every week with new picts and chase Mirage back to where they came from. I am considering taking it back to the factory as soon as they send it to me in writing they will fix it.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rsaint

Thanks but if they are not a dealer they will want to sell there product.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't expect Mirage to do anything, hell both our trailers still have warranty and they won't do anything.

That is what my mission is bring this thread to the front every week with new picts and chase Mirage back to where they came from. I am considering taking it back to the factory as soon as they send it to me in writing they will fix it.

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine bought a Mirage, and within the first season, one of the drivers side wheels fell off. The castelated nut that holds the whole wheel assembly on the axle was sent out from the factory without a cotter key in any of them. Just like all of the others, he got jack shat from Mirage. Just imagine the civil lawsuits that you would face when that wheel made it across the highway and killed someone in an oncoming rig!! I'd feel better buying a trailer that 2 guys around the corner put together. At least you would know that you had to go over it with a fine toothed comb. Time to boycott scabby manufacturers. You guys wouldn't even sniff at a sled manufacturer that had this kind of track record. I think there was a Mirage at Rene's place last year that had a roof collapse from snow load as well.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. My brother was just telling me that he seen a good deal on a new mirage car hauler. I told him to hold off because I thought I remembered hearing bad things about them.

Good thing Mirage isnt a site sponsor though, or this thread would be deleted by now.

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yikes!!!:eek: I've had my Nashcar for four years now and still looks almost new. It is however all aluminum construction. I think you have a legit beef there.:twocents:
Really,I took my nash back and bought an aluma. I never seen such shitty construction.

beaker

Reaction score
I bought a 24 foot mirage car hauler new from a dealer.Biggest piece of crap ever.Had to get rid of it the first year I had it -before it totaly fell apart.If I were offered a free Mirage trailer from the dealer I would not waist the fuel to go pick it up.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Consider these public service announcements for the safety of the purchaser and the unsuspecting public motorist that travel on the same roads as a Mirage Trailer.

Thanks for posting. My brother was just telling me that he seen a good deal on a new mirage car hauler. I told him to hold off because I thought I remembered hearing bad things about them.

Good thing Mirage isnt a site sponsor though, or this thread would be deleted by now.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Dont give Mirage any ideas :nono:

Top Bottom