Want to buy Enclosed. Help me decide.

blar

Reaction score
I'm in the market for an enclosed 2 place too. Haven't gone out there yet but SWS Trailer in Westlock, looks like they have a huge selection to choose from. They post their prices online too which is nice instead of having to request a price and their prices seem pretty reasonable. Tried a couple places around town and either the selection was poor or I almost crapped myself for what they were asking.

Last edited:

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought (about a month ago) a "Legend" trailer from Ron (Firefly on this site) . Just a small one a 6x13 v-nose all aluminum. He has ones a little bigger so you could fit 2-3 sleds in. "Legend" trailers are built pretty good and I have had no issues with either (I have 2 Legend Trailers) . Ron tries to be fair to "Snow and Mud" members, to his already reasonable prices !! Check it out !!
The all aluminum is nice too !! Super light and built real well. Quality seems good as no issues. They tow like a dream and track behind the truck nice and straight !! Some times I have to look behind me to see if the trailer is still there, it tows so light !! LOL

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought (about a month ago) a "Legend" trailer from Ron (Firefly on this site) . Just a small one a 6x13 v-nose all aluminum. He has ones a little bigger so you could fit 2-3 sleds in. "Legend" trailers are built pretty good and I have had no issues with either (I have 2 Legend Trailers) . Ron tries to be fair to "Snow and Mud" members, to his already reasonable prices !! Check it out !!
The all aluminum is nice too !! Super light and built real well. Quality seems good as no issues. They tow like a dream and track behind the truck nice and straight !! Some times I have to look behind me to see if the trailer is still there, it tows so light !! LOL
Agreed. I have talked to Ron a bit but havent had the chance to go look at them yet. Unless I find a smoking deal elsewhere my new trailer will probably be bought there.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cuso,

You can run a 7 X 15 Single axle that work excellent for sleds, one forward, one backwards. I have used one quite a few times if there is just two of us. I have one in stock for $6,376.00 if you are interested.

[h=2]2011 Legend All Aluminum 7 X 15 Flat Top V-Nose Enclosed Trailer[/h]
Brand New 2011;
Charcoal;
$6,376.00 + GST;
All Aluminum construction perimeter frame - 5 year warranty;
Bonded screwless Aluminum exterior;
30" radius RV style man door with lighted grab handle;
(2) 12V interior lights with wall switch;
(1) 14x14 roof vent;
24" stone guard;
(1) 3500# AL-KO torsion axle w/ greasable hubs;
5 year warranty on axle;
(2) 15" Aluminum wheels;
15" spare tire on e-coated steel modular wheel;
2" coupler;
Tongue jack;
Aluminum tube roof bows 16" o.c.;
Aluminum tube floor cross members;
Aluminum tube wall standards;
3/8" wood white vinyl interior wall covering;
3/4" advantech flooring - 25 year warranty;
One piece aluminum roof - 25 year warranty;
Exterior DOT lighting - LED tail/turn/stop lights;
Rear ramp door w/ spring assist and one piece hinge;
Stainless steel rear door cam bars;
Aluminum fenders;
Door holdbacks;
5 year axle - 5 year frame - 25 year floor - 25 year roof warranty;

Many Other Models / Styles / Sizes / Colors Available

Not all Aluminum trailers are created equal! Compare Legend to any other trailer on the market today... it'll be worth your time!

BUY IT FOR LOOKS... KEEP IT FOR LIFE!

Call Ron at Paradis Motor Sports
780-970-4940
paperclip.png
Attached Images
109511d1315371424-2011-legend-all-aluminum-7-x-2011-ftv715ta35-charcoal-1.jpg
109512d1315371434-2011-legend-all-aluminum-7-x-2011-ftv715ta35-charcoal-2.jpg
109513d1315371444-2011-legend-all-aluminum-7-x-2011-ftv715ta35-charcoal-3.jpg
109514d1315371458-2011-legend-all-aluminum-7-x-2011-ftv715ta35-charcoal-4.jpg
109515d1315371465-2011-legend-all-aluminum-7-x-2011-ftv715ta35-charcoal-5.jpg
109516d1315371473-2011-legend-all-aluminum-7-x-2011-ftv715ta35-charcoal-6.jpg

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of how I load them :beer:

Attachments

• 7 X 15 FTVSA35 #6.jpg
    7 X 15 FTVSA35 #6.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 293
  • 7 X 15 FTVSA35 #8.jpg
    7 X 15 FTVSA35 #8.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 290

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cuso, I had a 24.5' US Cargo V-nose enclosed, until some lowlife decided he needed it worse than I did and it was stolen. Learned a few things about trailers since then. First off, if I was just going for a smaller 2 place, I'd definitely go with the Triton TC-11 or one of the knock-off hybrids. I towed Thistledoo's from Afton, WY to Idaho Falls behind my reg. cab short box 1/2 ton and I hardly knew it was there. They pull very easily. If I was going longer, I would go with one with the wheel wells and lower mounted axles. Not a fan of the box-over type of trailer. I had way too many hair raising rides with mine in the wind. Hobbes and h2otoyz both run that style and they work mucho better in the wind. Just that 6" of difference is huge. I run a deck now, but if I ever get rid of my diesel and go back to a half ton like you are, I'll do the TC-11 or equivalent.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pull a 7x27 Legend with my F150 no problem. Pulling a smaller 7x15 like Ron posted pictures of, you won't know it's there. Very well built trailers.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tandem axle is a good point. dont want to blow something in the pass. last year heading to revy i lost the bead on one of my tires bt golden and revy. didnt know it until we stopped in revy to get fuel food and prep to ride for the day! beware with a deck, you wont fit one with most trailers(jackknife into nose or cant get door down, sled hang off and hit the nose of trailer etc. you will need a long tongue. my new rance has about a 3ft, i can lv the deck on w extension and not jackknife into it, get the door down. havent tried it with a sled up there yet.

personallly i hate having the wheel wells inside the trailer, its a pita for loading up your gear and sleds IMO but it would be lower and more stable in high winds like others pointed out

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for an enclosed 2 place too. Haven't gone out there yet but SWS Trailer in Westlock, looks like they have a huge selection to choose from. They post their prices online too which is nice instead of having to request a price and their prices seem pretty reasonable. Tried a couple places around town and either the selection was poor or I almost crapped myself for what they were asking.
I bought my Mirage trailer there and I would not go back there EVER.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out donlaingtrailers.com they have a bunch of ads on kijiji stating blow out prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost made a deal with a guy on a TC-11, but it was too expensive.
Having a friend look at that Haulmark today.

One question:

A square front trailer would be nice for use of space....so,

How do the square nosed trailers fair with MPG, comparing straight across the table, compared to a v-nose?

Anyone have any first hand experience with a comparison?

Hooligen

Reaction score
Check out Fast toys for boys in Sask, I bought my 28' there and it was half the price of anywhere else, cosmetically they aren't the greatest, but the structure is sound and it serves its purpose, not to be the nicest in the lot, but to get the sleds from A to B . You could probably get a 20'er tricked out with heat, cabnets, and lights for $6000. With the drive its still half the price.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, after looking at a few, comparing the features, quality, weight, condition, new & used....

I decided to go with a brand new Legend from Ron at Paradis Motor Sports.

7 x 15 v-nose all aluminum. (the one in his previous post) He showed me the features that make them superior to others. The trim, boxed frame, high quality hardware, fit, finish... you find only on more expensive trailer brands, and best of all it's only 1393 pounds.

Thanks Ron! You have a fantastic product.

I can't wait until I have a couple of days to customize it!!

Pics to follow!

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will LOVE your "Legend" !!!!!! I love both of mine and continue to enjoy both trailers. The V-nose cuts the wind so well you will hardly know its behind you !! And once you have an aluminum trailer, you wont reget it cause they are so nice and light to pull. I have not had any quality issues with either trailer.
Enjoy and make sure you post those pics of your "customization" !!!!

tagatree

Reaction score
:BBQ:Cuso make sure I have lots of space for my sh*t.. lol I guess my cooler can in the trailer in your truck box.. spring time bbq and some gibbys..
:beer:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

you can bring 2 coolers/// LOL

Top Bottom