Cat guy for 25 years maybe a Doo guy next year

416magnum

Reaction score
I may have blown a crank or a bearing in my 2010 M8 at Revy this week. So planning on snowchecking a M8 153" for next season I rented one. I blew 2 belts and the secondary in first half hour of powder riding, (never blew a belt on my 2010 M8 or my 2007 M1000). Next day we take out 2 sleds a 2012 Doo x 154" and a 2012 Pro 155". Now I had never ridden a doo much and when i did never liked it or couldn't get comfortable with it, but after spending most a day on it I got to like it. Spent some time on the pro, didn't mind it but i didn't feel like i could put it exactly where i wanted. Today my feeling is that I will snow check a Summit x. If I could figure out how to post video i'd send it.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am making the switch from Cat to Doo next year! My M1k tried to ruin a week of riding in Revy, and I ended up riding a buddies 2012 Freeride for 5 days. Came home and put some money down on a couple 13 154 Xs.

Cant wait till they show up! Good thing there is camping to help hold me over...

PS still haven't got my old pig running right. Starting to really annoy me!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new ones are nice to ride. Loving my 2012. I have ridden a couple older ones and they are ok but nothing like new . I am wanting to try a 2013 when I get the chance.

416magnum

Reaction score
The new ones are nice to ride. Loving my 2012. I have ridden a couple older ones and they are ok but nothing like new . I am wanting to try a 2013 when I get the chance.

I'm heading back to Revy next weekend for a week and I've heard you can try out the new summit xs sometime next weekend. Does anybody Know? I will have to take my 2007 m1000 if my m8 isn't fixed. Oh ya the snow was awsome last week we found 4 to 5' of fresh at frisby last monday.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm heading back to Revy next weekend for a week and I've heard you can try out the new summit xs sometime next weekend. Does anybody Know? I will have to take my 2007 m1000 if my m8 isn't fixed. Oh ya the snow was awsome last week we found 4 to 5' of fresh at frisby last monday.

From what I understand all the spots are full for the Revy stop. Not sure where they are riding. I'm sure if you saw them on the hill and told them you wanted to snowcheck one someone would let you try it out. You may have to fill out a waiver though.

416magnum

Reaction score
From what I understand all the spots are full for the Revy stop. Not sure where they are riding. I'm sure if you saw them on the hill and told them you wanted to snowcheck one someone would let you try it out. You may have to fill out a waiver though.

Thanks, no problem on the waiver.

mountainhunter

Reaction score
You won't be disappointed with the new doo. But consider a 163 they are monsters. Cat really fell apart this year. Poo has a nice sled but like you say it does what it wants.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
did you get a chance to ride a 163 xm .? would have loved to try one but there were not any to be seen at the test ride in sicamous. been riding 163s since 08/ 09 season and would like any reviews on a xm 163 ..

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are no 163 xm's as they are prototypes still.
tried to book a demo ride today for corbin and they're full.

PROCLIMB

Reaction score
Seen the crew from bowcycle today at quartz they had the 13 154, wasn't a demo thing but didn't have to sign a waiver either, it's a totally different sled then last years they where referring to last years model as if it was huge lol the steering post is 8" forward than last years so it feels like a totally different sled, it tips over so easy without any effort at all

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may have blown a crank or a bearing in my 2010 M8 at Revy this week. So planning on snowchecking a M8 153" for next season I rented one. I blew 2 belts and the secondary in first half hour of powder riding, (never blew a belt on my 2010 M8 or my 2007 M1000). Next day we take out 2 sleds a 2012 Doo x 154" and a 2012 Pro 155". Now I had never ridden a doo much and when i did never liked it or couldn't get comfortable with it, but after spending most a day on it I got to like it. Spent some time on the pro, didn't mind it but i didn't feel like i could put it exactly where i wanted. Today my feeling is that I will snow check a Summit x. If I could figure out how to post video i'd send it.

The part I highlighted is something I have never heard before with a Pro. I keep hearing just the opposite about how they are telepathic and take very little effort to go where you want them too. I ride a 2012 Poo and this is the part that I appreciate the most. Did you actually ride a Pro??

416magnum

Reaction score
You won't be disappointed with the new doo. But consider a 163 they are monsters. Cat really fell apart this year. Poo has a nice sled but like you say it does what it wants.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. How are they for riding in the trees? I ride a fair bit with Mark Shaede and he dosn't have any 163s in his fleet?

416magnum

Reaction score
The part I highlighted is something I have never heard before with a Pro. I keep hearing just the opposite about how they are telepathic and take very little effort to go where you want them too. I ride a 2012 Poo and this is the part that I appreciate the most. Did you actually ride a Pro??

Yes I hate to say it but i was stuck down in a hole with deep snow and tried to make a track for myself to climb out of but couldn't stay in my track Im sure it was lack of experience on this sled for it was at the beginning of the day and after getting stuck 9 times (Iknow thats alot) I was too tired to drive the sled out. Finally a doo came down and made a track to follow out. I spent the rest of the day on the doo without getting stuck.

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try this it has all of the dates and how you can sign up on it. skidoodemo.com

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go 163 will not regret it! the only riding I do is in the trees and the only track i will ride is 163 yes the 54 is fun but when you need it, it isnt there like the 163 is.

416magnum

Reaction score
go 163 will not regret it! the only riding I do is in the trees and the only track i will ride is 163 yes the 54 is fun but when you need it, it isnt there like the 163 is.

Thanks, I am leaning towards the 163, since I was planning on a M8 162, I will be hashing out in my mind and next week at Revy with the buds.

Top Bottom