Spicing up a 163

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a pair of 163's with chopped tunnels .... prefer the 155's as the longer track pushes too much for my liking. Trying to decide whether to shorten them to 155's (track & rails) or go with iceage khoas 163" conversions (rails and shocks). Riding coastal mountains so conditions range from powder to setup and have never found the 155's lacking and are definitely more playful ....some days thinking I could even go 146ish and be fun but challenging. Both the 155's and 165's are chopped with pro gears plus aftermarket react front ends.

Either way one pair are the back up sleds. Thinking that khoas kit may be a decent trade-off plus it can be adjusted in the event of real deep days...

So, how playful is a 163" khoas conversions compared to a 155" pro???

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a 163 on my khaos, never rode it with the 155 though. It doesn’t seem as playful as guys have been saying.

That being said I haven’t played with the suspension at all, from what I read the rts is key to making it a wheelie machine

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the raptor conversion knuckle and limiter strap for the stock shock. My stock shocks are the ones with piggy backs. Stock 155 rails. I didn’t notice a huge difference. Still fairly planted.

Drilling out the old assault mounting hole and just dropping the front of the skid is probably easier.

I do have a 163 x3 track that I’ve been wanting to try with 163 khaos rails though!

Top Bottom