Cat guy for 25 years maybe a Doo guy next year

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it is nice that people are starting to see the light or the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.:)

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am making the switch from Cat to Doo next year! My M1k tried to ruin a week of riding in Revy, and I ended up riding a buddies 2012 Freeride for 5 days. Came home and put some money down on a couple 13 154 Xs.

Cant wait till they show up! Good thing there is camping to help hold me over...

PS still haven't got my old pig running right. Starting to really annoy me![
Did you hit your head?

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wait until poo and cat throw a real track on their sleds and a direct injected motor. then well talk prices.
How much does the camo extreme cost you poo guys that the doo already has?........about the difference in purchase cost plus minus a couple hundred.

416magnum

Reaction score
$ dollars aside, after trying all three brands doo was on top in my opinion. It climbed well, stayed on top of )snow the best, Carving felt smooth, Its sidehill was a bit jumpy (skip out) but still controllable.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You won't be disappointed with the new doo. But consider a 163 they are monsters. Cat really fell apart this year. Poo has a nice sled but like you say it does what it wants.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
Cat is NOT the ONLY thing that has fell apart this year from what I've been hearing LOL

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still with the single extrovert which equals a ported track? Or a real system?
The original "extrovert drivers" ran through the track - we just called them sprockets. Look pretty real to me. Haven't heard of a cat driveshaft breaking since before the diamond drive, couldn't say the same about my 08 XP.
What I'm getting at is if one person wants a cat, and you want a doo, and the next guy likes yamaha, doesn't make your opinion the right one. Every sled has its merits and downfalls - if they were all the same or only one brand the equipment wouldn't evolve, and we'd ride junk like a 74 Johnson Golden Ghost. Competition is what drives the manufacturers into building a better sled.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The original "extrovert drivers" ran through the track - we just called them sprockets. Look pretty real to me. Haven't heard of a cat driveshaft breaking since before the diamond drive, couldn't say the same about my 08 XP.
What I'm getting at is if one person wants a cat, and you want a doo, and the next guy likes yamaha, doesn't make your opinion the right one. Every sled has its merits and downfalls - if they were all the same or only one brand the equipment wouldn't evolve, and we'd ride junk like a 74 Johnson Golden Ghost. Competition is what drives the manufacturers into building a better sled.

Agreed......my 71 elan has extroverts....doesnt mean i wanna ride it......just sayin

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
true good on cat for that one. however its still a powderclaw and its still 15 wide. but none the less the deepest lug track from the factory now

so far i really like my powerclaw allthough i haven't come down any nasty hard pack hills yet and from what i have read, thats a little scary with that track. A 16 wide would be really nice in the cat skid.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. How are they for riding in the trees? I ride a fair bit with Mark Shaede and he dosn't have any 163s in his fleet?

talk to Mark he`ll tell you to get a 154,,, he rides in bottomless powder all week long in revy on a 154summit sp and puts guys to shame in the trees with longer tracks...a good rider wont need that much track...:smiliestirthepot: skandics have a 25inch wide track and those things dont sink or trench in the powder at all...doesnt mean id get one...lol

Last edited:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talk to Mark he`ll tell you to get a 154,,, he rides in bottomless powder all week long in revy on a 154summit sp and puts guys to shame in the trees with longer tracks...a good rider wont need that much track...:smiliestirthepot: skandics have a 25inch wide track and those things dont sink or trench in the powder at all...doesnt mean id get one...lol

163 will kick the 154 azz trees or not I've had both. like Max says take a good look at the 163 it makes a diffrence for sure.

Top Bottom