Cat faithfull thinking about a new poo.....am I crazy

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Either way, I'm buying a new sled. I'm a Cat fan. always have been, but a friend of mine runs a Polaris dealership. The biggest issue or concern I am hung up on is the difference in hp between the Cat 800 and the Poo 800. Well and a little bit worried about the reliability of the Poo engine. Are there any Cat Fans that have made the swap that can offer advice? I'm currently coming off of a 07 M8, so its not even to 800 ho. But I have ridden 2011 M8 and really like its pony power.
I also understand that the Poo weighs a little bit less than the Cat
Any constructive advice would be good. Looking at 2013 Models in both

ps. I know there are probably threads like this already, but I got sick of searching, and they tend to get off track

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just saw a vid on facebook today posted by someone at cat, they took all 3 800's and weighed them in the shop, full of fuel and oil, with spare belt and tool kits. poo was lightest, doo second and cat third. then they took them out to the mountains and rode them in the same conditions for a few hours side by side, rigged a scale into a spruce tree with a hand crank cable and weighed each. the cat only gained 47lbs, the poo gained 94lbs, the doo 83lbs from snow and ice. just tried to find it again but now it's set to private....was a cat produced thing too, had their mountain development team in it.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol....no Ken, it was bone stock vs bone stock vs bone stock. the doo had a massive amount of ice and snow caked on at the back of the tunnel, right around the heat exchanger. looked pretty legit. all sleds were the 150"-somethings

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol....no Ken, it was bone stock vs bone stock vs bone stock. the doo had a massive amount of ice and snow caked on at the back of the tunnel, right around the heat exchanger. looked pretty legit. all sleds were the 150"-somethings

HaHa. I know your legit. I'm kinda like Rowdy tonight, not drunk but bored. Lol.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can say that my pro gains a ton of weight through the day. Ordered the Frogzskin pre filter kit for the hood to help keep some out of there.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the hp of the Poo?? I have heard and read that its around the 150 range.. Compared to the 160+ range on the Cat.

PINandPRAY

Reaction score
Last year i had a 09 m8 153 and this year I switched to the pro 155. I have no regrets, i have rode all the new sleds this year except the new cat. I found that my pro has equal or more power than my cat did and my pro is stock. As far as handling they dont compare the pro is amazing. The only place where the pro struggles is on this forum. Read your manual prior to break in and you are good to go. Hope this helps

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya man, that's the one. wasn't titled second draft, but same same. good find

lol...nice sig

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just saw a vid on facebook today posted by someone at cat, they took all 3 800's and weighed them in the shop, full of fuel and oil, with spare belt and tool kits. poo was lightest, doo second and cat third. then they took them out to the mountains and rode them in the same conditions for a few hours side by side, rigged a scale into a spruce tree with a hand crank cable and weighed each. the cat only gained 47lbs, the poo gained 94lbs, the doo 83lbs from snow and ice. just tried to find it again but now it's set to private....was a cat produced thing too, had their mountain development team in it.

Fixed it for you.
Crazy how much snow and ice they hang onto off the shelf but I bet those numbers would come down quite a bit on the poo and doo with some vent screening. I know there was at least 5-10 lbs in the nose of my doo before I screened it and I wasn't even riding in that deep of powder for very long.

Sorry to the OP-Back on topic!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fixed it for you.
Crazy how much snow and ice they hang onto off the shelf but I bet those numbers would come down quite a bit on the poo and doo with some vent screening. I know there was at least 5-10 lbs in the nose of my doo before I screened it and I wasn't even riding in that deep of powder for very long.

Sorry to the OP-Back on topic!!
yeah, noticed my digits were off when I watched it again, figured someone would clarify. I'll go edit the mistake :beer:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my new cat but if my buddy owned a poo or doo dealership and I could get good prices, I would be riding that brand.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my new cat but if my buddy owned a poo or doo dealership and I could get good prices, I would be riding that brand.
X2...Also, you would hope that you would have some really good service from that dealer....Dealer was the main reason I went with Polaris over BRP last year.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris says 150+.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
Hahaha or around 134 was the dyno report we got with the 2012 at the mod shop last month....worse yet was that thing with 28less hp than my 11 out pulls me, I think hp is a small part of the sled after that, gear ratios, power to weight, and handling must factor in huge, you won't regret the pro it's a nice sled, the cats definitely feel more powerful but don't handle like the poo, I would definitely check out an XM though, they're the most innovative design for mountain riding yet, lots of power, 2.5inch track stock, t motion rear skid, only real down side is there's something in brp oil that eats your brain cells otherwise they're pretty awesome

Top Bottom