Cat faithfull thinking about a new poo.....am I crazy

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a 2010 M8 SNOPRO. I had a short ride on a friends 13 XM154 and liked it alot. It didn't seem to want to keep both skis planted to the snow like previous summits wanted to when I rode them. Haven't rode the new Cat or POO. They all have their pros and cons. I think TRAILSEEKERS in SEBA BEACH are havin a demo ride challenge between Cycleworks and Martin Motorsports on Jan23. hope this helps.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love how artic cat came in as the lightest by 1 pound. Bahaha, the only person who would believe that vid is a cat loyalist. So this proves cat has better stock venting?

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think lots of riders in the same dilemma lighter pro rmk or heavier proclimb. Rmk has issues with power, engine reliability, qd belts blowing, potential weak frame if mashed hard. Cat bullet proof motor, but heavier, eats belts, so so chassis IMO. Tough call, would be easy for me if they hadn't axed the 1000 cat motor.

matm8snopro

Reaction score
I rode my 09 m8 153 till this year. switched over to the pro 800 163, It was an easy transition and i love my pro. Goes way better the my m8 did. I was a die hard cat guy, but I could get a better deal on a pro, so... i did. I now have 405 miles in it with only 1 isuue, left side handwarmer quit. easy fix and it was warranty. I think cat is still a good sled, 800 engine is solid too, just came down the price in the end. hope this helps. pros and cons to all new sleds no matter if its a doo, poo or cat. Good Luck! Also calculate the power to weight ratio

Last edited:

shady280zx

Reaction score
I ride with two groups, one was cat faithful, the other doo faithful. Now all but one have jumped ships to the Polaris. Don't get me wrong they have their issues but they handle unreal, I was more comfortable in 30min than in four years with my XP. If your a technical rider you will be happy with the Pro. This video explains it all. https://www.snowandmud.com/snowmobile-chat-14/can-you-dangle-74478.html

freezie

Reaction score
I feel your pain bails, the new poo's look awesome, goulash seems to like his poo a lot, but he had some issues. Talk to him as well.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drive a 2011 m8 and realy enjoy it love the power on the HO 800. I rode with a friend he has a 2013 800. the day was 100 cm of fresh and wow did that new cat work good the extra paddle on the track and setup made that sled a beauty. I've gotten over 5000 km on each of my my last two cats with only general maintance,and an up dated bearing in the dd. You can't beat the cat motor. So the question do you want to ride or do you want to fix manufacture defects.

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, well I took the plunge and decided to jump brands. Hope I don't regret it, but the deal was just too good, and decision to support friends business won. Thanks to all of those who offered their input.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, well I took the plunge and decided to jump brands. Hope I don't regret it, but the deal was just too good, and decision to support friends business won. Thanks to all of those who offered their input.
You made the right choice. If you are a good enough friend to buy from his dealership, he should be a good enough friend to take care of you if things do happen to go wrong, and fight for you if you ever need warranty. Hopefully you don't. Enjoy the new sled.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Can yah post back to this thread after you've ridden it a couple times? Love my pro best sled I've ever owned!

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats good bails. did ya get that pro assault that they had there?

Ya that's what I grabbed Andystepper, they had put the 2.4 track on it, and he gave me a really good deal so made the choice easier.

Top Bottom