Caribou

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha! I suppose hey! Maybe Miley herself will come take a run at me over here as I speak in favor of the wolf cull. Bring it Miley... come at me twerker.
Now that would be something to see, you and Miley in a twerkoff. lol

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is becoming quite evident that companies like Tolko have the BC government in their back pocket. Forest industry insiders have done a fantastic job using the Caribou as an excuse to point fingers at snowmobilers and the wolf. It's a complete redirection/deflection of the true cause of Caribou population decline. Close areas to sledders, senselessly kill off 100's of wolves, but do not touch the logging leases!!

Posted this before, but warrant posting again: Documents indicate B.C. wolf cull linked to forest industry concerns - The Globe and Mail

I believe that if the BC Gov is gong to continue massive wolf culls and shut down back country access, then it has to be to ALL STAKEHOLDERS!! PERIOD!!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is becoming quite evident that companies like Tolko have the BC government in their back pocket. Forest industry insiders have done a fantastic job using the Caribou as an excuse to point fingers at snowmobilers and the wolf. It's a complete redirection/deflection of the true cause of Caribou population decline. Close areas to sledders, senselessly kill off 100's of wolves, but do not touch the logging leases!!

Posted this before, but warrant posting again: Documents indicate B.C. wolf cull linked to forest industry concerns - The Globe and Mail

I believe that if the BC Gov is gong to continue massive wolf culls and shut down back country access, then it has to be to ALL STAKEHOLDERS!! PERIOD!!

Bogger I'd love for you to make one of your epic flow charts....

Caribou begin to decline...... govt waste millions on caribou transplant... kill caribou.... then point finger at snowmobilers
Deforestation causes reduced caribou habitat and food source.. people realize we need the forest industry to survive BC life.... smoke and mirrors.. point finger at snowmobilers

Govt realizes that they can not implement all objectives from the Mountain caribou implementation plan....... point finger at snowmobilers

Miley Cyrus loves wolves..........................................points finger at snowmobilers

Surrey soccer mom is pmsing....................... points fingers at snowmobilers

Wolves cougars and grizzlies prey upon caribou calves..........................point finger at snowmobilers

Heli Ski operations want to expand territory......................................point finger at snowmobilers

a disconnect in the Y to Y corridor.............................................point finger at snowmobilers

Influx of Syrian refugees.................................. point finger at snowmobilers

Justin Trudeau is having a bad hair day...........................point finger at snowmobilers

Caribou are killed in an avalanche within Park boundaries............... point finger at snowmobilers

Caribou try to escape wolf predation and start to migrate near snowmobiling areas.......... point finger at snowmobilers

Highest mortality of Caribou in August........................ point finger at snowmobilers

Last edited:

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca

Caribou begin to decline...... govt waste millions on caribou transplant... kill caribou.... then point finger at snowmobilers
Deforestation causes reduced caribou habitat and food source.. people realize we need the forest industry to survive BC life.... smoke and mirrors.. point finger at snowmobilers

Govt realizes that they can not implement all objectives from the Mountain caribou implementation plan....... point finger at snowmobilers

Miley Cyrus loves wolves..........................................points finger at snowmobilers

Surrey soccer mom is pmsing....................... points fingers at snowmobilers

Wolves cougars and grizzlies prey upon caribou calves..........................point finger at snowmobilers

Heli Ski operations want to expand territory......................................point finger at snowmobilers

a disconnect in the Y to Y corridor.............................................point finger at snowmobilers

Influx of Syrian refugees.................................. point finger at snowmobilers

Justin Trudeau is having a bad hair day...........................point finger at snowmobilers

Caribou are killed in an avalanche within Park boundaries............... point finger at snowmobilers

Caribou try to escape wolf predation and start to migrate near snowmobiling areas.......... point finger at snowmobilers

Highest mortality of Caribou in August........................ point finger at snowmobilers

Well then. After you point all that out, it seems pretty darn obvious that us snowmobilers are definitely the problem. :rolleyes:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think you'll find the forest industry supports a wolf cull because it's necessary for Caribou survival, unlike the environmental nutjobs that simply want to protect more land while the Wolves destroy what's left of the Caribou population. Wolves are eating Caribou, plain and simple, and they won't survive in the short term without human intervention while we wait for their habitat to recover. Don't get me wrong....the forest companies aren't so much concerned with the Caribou, but it's in their best interest for them to survive. The treehuggers response to the problem will not accomplish that. The science on that at least, is pretty clear..

I was in a meeting with the executive director of Wildsight quite a few years ago trying to negotiate snowmobile closures. I asked for a simple clause in the agreement that said if the Caribou don't survive we get our access back. When i asked him why he wouldn't agree to that he said "I might find some other reason to close it." That's when I realized it's not about Caribou. Never was. They're just a "species of convenience" for keeping us, and logging companies out of huge tracts of protected land. Yellowstone to Yukon is what it's all about. They'll try to use whatever tool is there whether it be Caribou, Grizzly bears, Tailed Frogs, Badgers.......the list goes on.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well then. After you point all that out, it seems pretty darn obvious that us snowmobilers are definitely the problem. :rolleyes:
Fawking snowmobilers........

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

Exactly. I'm writing this article to really demonstrate how often we are thrown under the bus unjustly. We become the convenient scapegoat, and people really
are unwilling to look at the actual facts.. they simply want to smoke and mirror the situation. If I can possibly get my article to hit main stream, maybe... just maybe people will give their head a shake. People being the urbanites who sip their fancy coffees checking the latest Wildsite, or Valhalla wilderness updates on social media.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you'll find the forest industry supports a wolf cull because it's necessary for Caribou survival, unlike the environmental nutjobs that simply want to protect more land while the Wolves destroy what's left of the Caribou population. Wolves are eating Caribou, plain and simple, and they won't survive in the short term without human intervention while we wait for their habitat to recover. Don't get me wrong....the forest companies aren't so much concerned with the Caribou, but it's in their best interest for them to survive. The treehuggers response to the problem will not accomplish that. The science on that at least, is pretty clear..

I was in a meeting with the executive director of Wildsight quite a few years ago trying to negotiate snowmobile closures. I asked for a simple clause in the agreement that said if the Caribou don't survive we get our access back. When i asked him why he wouldn't agree to that he said "I might find some other reason to close it." That's when I realized it's not about Caribou. Never was. They're just a "species of convenience" for keeping us, and logging companies out of huge tracts of protected land. Yellowstone to Yukon is what it's all about. They'll try to use whatever tool is there whether it be Caribou, Grizzly bears, Tailed Frogs, Badgers.......the list goes on.

Of course the forest industry supports a wolf cull....just like they support closing access to snowmobilers. Both used as their tool to try and increase Caribou numbers so they don't have to lose their leases and "right" to operate in these areas. Even expand them! Face facts, the industrial machine far outweighs the wolf, the snowmobiler, the environmentalist, etc., etc., etc. Each has been pitted against each other as the distraction necessary for the government and said industry to continue "development at all costs."

I just wish all the stakeholders outside of industry would realize just how common their cause is and work together for a better solution. Not one rubber stamped by the industry pawns called the BC Gov. There is no balance!!

out...

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of course the forest industry supports a wolf cull....just like they support closing access to snowmobilers.

Not sure where you're getting that from, and I don't know what the rest of the province is doing, but around here the forest industry certainly doesn't support closing access to snowmobilers. Both local clubs here work very closely with the forest industry and have a very good relationship with them. They do however support the wolf cull, and so do we. Caribou won't survive the short term without it, which means they won't have any long term. Personally I think we should do the wolf cull AFTER they eat all the Caribou......but that's just me.

Top Bottom