Bulk fuel

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After hijacking your thread Cyle I came across this on Facebook this afternoon.
IMG_1197.JPG

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I found out off road is $9 cents off so quite worthwhile, and I can save about $5 cents on regular diesel, so going to get 2 tanks. I also didn't think about buying when diesel drops, or getting tank filled before it jumps and a lot of savings to be had there and knowing in advance before price goes up. Person I rent yard from doesn't care about tanks being there, gravity would be nice and cheaper but i'm worried about theft, fence is only about 8' high and anything above that is somewhat visible from the henday, never mind other yards. Also just a guesstimate but the larger hoe on the trailer has got to be almost 10' off the ground to filler, so bottom of gravity tank would need to be even higher then that which is quite high. Also going to be sharing tanks with my dad and brother, so a meter is a must, if it was just me i'd consider making the gravity work without a meter, but once I put a meter on a pump isn't much more.

The reason I don't want slip tanks is i'd need 2 to do any good and for 2 trucks, and the weight and space is a pain. Not to mention my tractor trailer is pushing it for weight as is, never mind adding 1,000lbs for a slip tank. Neither of my hoes sit too long on a site 1-3 day jobs tops so I don't need large capacity at one job, at the yard between jobs is much more ideal.

Is buying a used tank a big concern? The price is so much more attractive, but the concern of not knowing how it was taken care of is worrisome.

Top Bottom