Building billet wheels

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have decided to build some billet wheels for snowmobiles. i am starting with 6 designs available in the common sizes. They will also be available in black anodized as well. I am starting by making 8" wheels then i will start on the smaller idler wheels. Her is the first set i made on the weekend just a test set to see if i like them. Thanks

p.s. the other picture is of the six designs tell me what u guys like and dont like

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 479
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 202
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 195

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in some for my dragster they could be 8.5 inch is that doable

Last edited:

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in some for my dragster they could be 8.5 inch is that doable

as of now only got 8" material so not now but maybe in a few months was thinking about building some 9" wheels so i could turn the bar down to 8.5"

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much r u selling a set for?

I am not sure on the price have to run a few and see how long they take but i am thinking for 2 8" with any design and bearing and clip probably around 170 and the i am going to get some anodized black with machined corners but those will just be whatever the price of the anodizing was add to them.

Tell me what your favorite design is so i can gauge how many i should make

cadman22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those look really good, i was looking for a big wheel kit. How long untill you start to sell them?

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i got a cnc machine so i figured i would try to sell some wheels. Im going to start making them tomorrow but just plain aluminum for now not anodized

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why i was asking is i might need a couple billet parts made for the dragster :eek:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you get the anadizing done at anderson in st albert they can do a bunch of different colours. Are you going to have rubber coating on the wheels?

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the directional ones but are you going to be selling them as a true directional????? left and right side?

the directional ones will only be sold in a set left and right so you dont get stuck with one going backwards. And i am going over to the anadizers today to see the colours and what all i can do going to do some black blue and orange ones to start.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i got a cnc machine so i figured i would try to sell some wheels. Im going to start making them tomorrow but just plain aluminum for now not anodized

Some finished wheels waiting on the anodizer for some black ones

Attachments

• photo 111.jpg
    photo 111.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 205
  • photo 212.jpg
    photo 212.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 209

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When Tyson is done with them and all tested you will be able to buy them from me. Thanks Tyson

Top Bottom