Brand new commander only going 100km/h

aceofspades9963

Reaction score
ok so heres my situation, I have 330km on my commander x 1000 and broke it in according to the book. After I did my oil changes I had it out and got it to 120km/h and it pulled good, this past weekend I went out and it was a bit wet only went up to the floor in water, on my way home I was racing with some quads and I noticed it wasn't pulling as hard and I could only get 100km/h out of it and it took forever to get from 90-100. So I assumed I got water in the CVT when I got home I pulled the plug and no water came out. This seems like a belt issue but if I didn't get it wet a belt has to last more than 300km. I put 900miles on my sled and the belt on that never slipped. Is this an issue with the commander ? If the belt is burnt up they better warranty it. Well I just came on here to ask if anyone else was experiencing this same issue before I tore it apart to inspect , looks like a couple hours work. any info would be appreciated

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you won't get warranty on your belt, I can guarantee you that. the dealer told me that lots of guys are burning belts from running in hi range when they should be in low. had my xt up to 124km/hr in sport mode, they haul azz....lol

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dumb question, you had the proper key in? could it of been weighted down with skeg or mud? doubtful but who knows. could be the belt, could you of been in 4wd maybe, or not in sport mode? going up hill perhaps

aceofspades9963

Reaction score
no performance key sport mode 2wd high and I had another guy in thought that would contribute but I went out today alone( clean) going down hill and couldn't get over 100. and its only reving to 6800 rpm

sled

Reaction score
|Do you know how anyone with one of those inspection cams,Try that first you may see whats wrong before you take it part or might find nothing wrong saving to time,

just my two cwnts

aceofspades9963

Reaction score
I could take a boreascope but i doubt i could bring a $250000 tool home lol would have to bring it to the hanger. I read alot on the can-am forum and it looks like i was doing alot of stuff they recommend not doing , (Mud in 2wd high and spinning alot ) theres a belt that seems to help out for $35. I won't drive it in mud in high anymore and should get 2000 miles a belt. So used to driving the sled I figured double the hp in the sled would wreck a belt easier and I drive the crap out of that.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the belt doesn't take kindly to slogging through the mud on high, your machine is much heavier than mine and I have had to learn to put it in low or I will chew up another belt and clutch plate. I have also found that installing the dalton clutch kit was a huge help.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here's a cool mod, fools your ECM into thinking you are in high range and gives you sport mode in low with no speed limiter.

low-range.jpg

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he's just tryin' to be helpful....go easy on the old guys. no park brake on the commander Larry....

this new stuff, no p-brake what is with that? i suppose they won't have a throttle cable soon too.

Top Bottom