boy oh boy......

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we'll i'm looking forward to trying the new 850 someday. imo i think there wont be a stock sled that will keep up in the powder. peeps like to comment about belts on the 850,what about the axys not keeping clips on the track,paint on the boards,have also heard about track issues. all sleds will have issues,it all depends on what you feel comfortable on to ride, enjoy the ride and have a good time.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Sweetheart... you don't have to over compensate to convince us of your sexual orientation. I told you before. I accept you the way you are... Love you unconditionally even though you ride a Doo!

Merry Christmas Sir Maxwell!

Love Momma
HI MOM!!!
I just spit half a ceasar out my nose. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand how the greatest sled ever made by all accounts of the Doo Doo riders which was the XM needed to be improved upon?

I mean every Dootard has made sure since 2013 to let everyone know the XM was the greatest. I have seen it no less than several hundred times posted on here. How can perfection be improved upon?

Meh...they all get stuck just as much as the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knocksum

Reaction score
newdoo850.jpg

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Haters are going to hate. There really isn't that many people having issues. I know 2 different dealers. One hasn't seen any belt issues yet and the other has seen a few that were resolved by pulling foam and installing some custom venting on the side panel.

The 850 is the best handling snow-machine i've ever ridden hands down-
Point is they shouldn't have to doo all that. And it makes no sense why one sled needs all this done but the next doesn't. There's either something going on that nobody has been able to pinpoint yet, or it is a fluke, but I don't really believe in coincidence when it happens more than twice.

I'd be right ripped if I owned one of the belt blowers.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Point is they shouldn't have to doo all that. And it makes no sense why one sled needs all this done but the next doesn't. There's either something going on that nobody has been able to pinpoint yet, or it is a fluke, but I don't really believe in coincidence when it happens more than twice.

I'd be right ripped if I owned one of the belt blowers.

You can fix this issue in 20-30min. Rip foam out-felt out. drill holes in clutch cover plastic, drill holes in side panel. Put filter on and Pl premium. Nothing runs perfect in the sled world. The guys building these sleds most likely have never seen a mountain. If your dealer is good and they are sledders they already know what the issue is and will fix the issue for you- if you dealer sucks and you purchased from a dealer that does not sled- Just sells sleds you will blow belts and continue blowing belts and just curse about it and ski doo.

The solution is in the hands of the dealers- not even BRP has a solution yet as they can't even get their G4 venting and air intakes out to the market. Venting is key. You paid for dealer service hopefully your dealer can service u, or choose a new dealer.

There is 20 plus dealers in western canada allocated 54-G4 X's= 1000 plus sleds and you are hearing 10-20 people complaining about blowing belts on snow-mud (which most are people chimming in don't even own one or hate ski doo). Yet they and the dealers that suck are the ones trying to figure out why the belts are blowing. If you have a good dealer your issue should be solved at this point. If you don't have your problem solved my suggestion is go to a dealer that the staff are sledders and know what sledding is all about so you can keep you sledding....

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can fix this issue in 20-30min. Rip foam out-felt out. drill holes in clutch cover plastic, drill holes in side panel. Put filter on and Pl premium. Nothing runs perfect in the sled world. The guys building these sleds most likely have never seen a mountain. If your dealer is good and they are sledders they already know what the issue is and will fix the issue for you- if you dealer sucks and you purchased from a dealer that does not sled- Just sells sleds you will blow belts and continue blowing belts and just curse about it and ski doo.

The solution is in the hands of the dealers- not even BRP has a solution yet as they can't even get their G4 venting and air intakes out to the market. Venting is key. You paid for dealer service hopefully your dealer can service u, or choose a new dealer.

There is 20 plus dealers in western canada allocated 54-G4 X's= 1000 plus sleds and you are hearing 10-20 people complaining about blowing belts on snow-mud (which most are people chimming in don't even own one or hate ski doo). Yet they and the dealers that suck are the ones trying to figure out why the belts are blowing. If you have a good dealer your issue should be solved at this point. If you don't have your problem solved my suggestion is go to a dealer that the staff are sledders and know what sledding is all about so you can keep you sledding....

LOL, then maybe BRP should sell an optional hole saw kit with the sled....ohya with instructions. Your delusional and in love.
I've been in this game long enough and have a hard time buying into BS. A $17,000 BS. And you go as far as blaming the dealer's...a dealer is only as good as the product they sell, experienced dealer's will do their best to work with you and usually work around the problem. Holes in a sled is a band aid to a bigger issue, not the fix.
Until BRP comes up with a solution, the dealers are trying there best.

You guys want this resolved, your going to have to get together and go after the rep and not the dealers. I worked for these guys in the past, i kinda know how things get done at BRP....money talks

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly.

I fail to see how an owner needing to do all this to a STOCK sled is an acceptable solution. On a mod sled these issues are common. Should never happen on a stock machine.

Also s&m is not the center of the snowmobile universe. Not everyone that owns an 850 is on here nevermind the ones that are but haven't said anything. And we all know many dealers keep tight lips on stuff like this at first to protect the image of the product they sell and their sales.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since when can a manufacturer pass on the issue with there product to the consumer, seems ridiculous to me. A friend of mine has had a few minor issues wih his g4, and from his experience i sure as hell wont ever be buying a sled from the cochrane dealer. Minor issues or not, these dealers need to stand behind there products!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Manufacturers need to stand behind their products also though. They can't leave it all on the dealer or the dealer won't last. Considering how doo clamped down and got rid of all their small dealers for the larger centralized ones, they really need to step up and back the dealers so the dealer doesn't have to suck up all the costs themselves just to keep the customer happy.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was a mechanic in the industry I used to love when you called service reps and they said "It's the first we heard of this" knowing full well they were lying.

LOL, yup
BRP like many other large corporations make decisions from the top and that takes time. You need to be a team player and like a puppet you tell and say what your told and no more. phrases like "It's the first we heard of this" actually mean's, protect your arse till corporate decides what to do.
If your the type to rock the system, it won't be long before your out.
Input from the field is not priority imo, it seems.
It seem's to me BRP rushed this sled through with not enough R&D time, in an attempt to try to keep what they call the technical advantage in the industry.
Maybe this is just a glitch.
Funny how guy's like Norona are not piping in on these issues, because of ^^^^

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Holy crap, bit of a flag waver , Doo fan much ?? Lol. So, you're saying between the dealer and consumer, only a bit more R&D and experimenting, and it should be ready to ride ??

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know what happened to Dan Treadway and Ski Doo? Maybe Norona's to busy sledding on his G4

Businesses want to make money-What a concept

Businesses operate on chains of command and operational systems -go figure

Management makes decisions in the best interest of stakeholders- what are you serious?

sarcasm-cough-cough

Manufacturers-manufactur, dealers sell products and service them

G4s r game changers- No recall needed to put a vent in some plastic-LOL

If you start working on that saw kit you might still sell a couple to the few people that haven't solved there issue that CSA created by packing that engine full of foam/felt and safety covers inorder to pass compliance....

Last edited:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL, yup
BRP like many other large corporations make decisions from the top and that takes time. You need to be a team player and like a puppet you tell and say what your told and no more. phrases like "It's the first we heard of this" actually mean's, protect your arse till corporate decides what to do.
If your the type to rock the system, it won't be long before your out.
Input from the field is not priority imo, it seems.
It seem's to me BRP rushed this sled through with not enough R&D time, in an attempt to try to keep what they call the technical advantage in the industry.
Maybe this is just a glitch.

Hey, rockin the boat doesnt benefit spokesmonkeys. Same thing with sponsored opinions. Thats what is great about these sites though. You get to know enough guys that can ride and arent brand loyal, so you can usually wade through the BS and get some good info.

Top Bottom