boy oh boy......

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to Dan Treadway and Ski Doo? Maybe Norona's to busy sledding on his G4

Businesses want to make money

you still should not have to cut up a stock new sled to make it work...I don't care which OEM it is

Of course We all agree its bull**** that you have to mod it to make it work, but its not as big of an issue as snow and mudders (who don't even own one) are making it out to be nor for BRP to care. Next year that panel will most likely have some vents on it and BRP will charge you up the arse to put screens over them...

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of course We all agree its bull**** that you have to mod it to make it work, but its not as big of an issue as snow and mudders (who don't even own one) are making it out to be nor for BRP to care. Next year that panel will most likely have some vents on it and BRP will charge you up the arse to put screens over them...

I guess I am lucky because I would drop it at the dealer until it's fixed and make sure they now I am riding my back-up sled of another manufacturer that has 250+hp and it doesn't have a bunch of mods to keep the belt cool, proper clutching is the fix

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a problem in the quoting system....site is broken

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys want to like these sleds engine and throttle response seem great from every guy that's been on them but clearly some problems exist. They will get worked out eventually but its a piss off for those that own them. The T3 is a solid machine "almost" made me switch over to doo glad I didn't this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a Skidoo back in my days, but too be the best of the best I kept it under a Artic Cat trap.

Best $200 option for team yellow, Ha.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must be how good the G4 is, cause the XM is an awesome sled.

My point is that every guy that loved his XM switched to a G4 or is planning to. Not near as many have jumped from other brands as Maxwell eludes to.

Those that have been burned by BRP are holding their opinions until this thing as proved itself for a season.

Yes it is way better to ride than a XM but so is any Polaris.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the XM is a remarkable sled. i still ride my freeride alot. a G4 still cant do what a freeride can doo. each sled has its place but for general/technical mountain riding the G4 is where its at. for those that like to pretend you ride trees there is always the polaris as teth-air has stated. great entry level machine for someone starting out that just wants to check the sport out. when your ready to take the sport more serious and go into more technical terrain with less effort and less stucks you can upgrade to a G4.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the XM is a remarkable sled. i still ride my freeride alot. a G4 still cant do what a freeride can doo. each sled has its place but for general/technical mountain riding the G4 is where its at. for those that like to pretend you ride trees there is always the polaris as teth-air has stated. great entry level machine for someone starting out that just wants to check the sport out. when your ready to take the sport more serious and go into more technical terrain with less effort and less stucks you can upgrade to a G4.

Lot of truth in this post, for a change. I believe the G4 may turn out to be a very good mountain sled. Doo has finally moved away a bit from the much massaged XP chassis, and essentially copied so many of the features and designs of the Pro/Axys chassis that it may result in a capable, fun, mountain machine. Narrower plastics finally like the Axys, albeit apparently not that durable, higher Center of gravity ,like the Axys, new spindle and a-arm design, quite Axys like, new clutch long overdue and very Polaris like, now they just have to figure out how to keep it from eating belts, a new ski design very gripper like , all in all I believe Doo has copied enough features to almost get to only a little ways behind. And they have to be ecstatic, I'm told the BRP folks were cheering and high fiving each other when at a test ride there were a few highly acclaimed Polaris mountain riders who actually said they would consider riding a G4 in the mountains, with a few more changes, and they wouldn't take their helmets or goggles off if their friends were around. Just think , this new chassis just might be capable enough that they can lose the training wheel 16 inch track and maybe once they realize that a decent chassis doesn't actually require a goofy teeter totter suspension to handle properly, they can even get rid of that trail machine compensator.
And it's really not surprising that Axys/Pro riders like the new chassis. And motor, if it holds up,
The really surprising part will be if the Doo riders that professed love for the XM/XP sleds like it, being that it's so Axys like. That would make me suspect there was a lot of compromising going on in the XM/XP campin the past, even the loud flag waving Doo-tards who professed so much love for it, cause obviously, with the G4 being so Axys/Pro like , wouldn't make sense would it.
Good for Doo, as they say , imitation is the greatest form of flattery, I just am surprised that Doo had the cajones to stand up and admit the direction Polaris was going really was " The Way Out" :).
It'll be a challenge for you Doo guys to ride something you don't have to wrestle, but stick with it, some of you guys are decent riders, you'll get it and I guarantee, it'll be worth it. Maybe start out at Allan Creek and hang around the cabin areas with maxwell on the hummocks and treed bunny slopes, great place to learn.

Top Bottom