boy oh boy......

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly Maxwell, if you believed half of what you spew you wouldn't have to grand stand and boast about the "superiority" of the Doo product so much. You always compare to Polaris... this leads me to believe, that perhaps you have more respect for the Axys than what your words would lead us to believe. I missed the memo where all other riders are "pretend" riders unless on a doo. Reminds me of the beginning of the 509 movie, where the annoying narrator told us how superior the 509 riders are from the rest of the planet and set apart from the rest of the snowmobile population. There are so many phenomenal riders out there that couldn't be bothered with movies, social media and forums. They just get out there and enjoy themselves.
It is possible to respect another brand, yet ride your beloved doo. I have a tremendous respect for doo, how far they've come, the agility, the horsepower and the technology advances they've done in the last 5 years. Great product! Glad you're happy with it, but although this may have been an attempt to entice Teth-Air into some sort of online dual, you kind of come of dickish with your boasting.

Love what you ride, but the dick duels are getting kind of old.

mom, did you just yell at me? i thought we talked about this

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hasn't he already chickened out of riding with Hurkot? Too much to take on there so maybe he is more comfortable riding with and following guys twice his age.

Sean is just a funny mouth piece on a forum who loves his Doo's. Outside of snow and mud I have never heard of the guy. It's not like he is paid by Doo to bleed loyalty so it's just an internet keyboard battle. The guys who are really riding aren't wasting their time on here.

Give him credit for never giving anyone or anything else credit lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i chickened out of going to revelstoke. because well......why on earth would i want to do that when i have a beautiful home in valemount and my entire fleet sitting in a nice warm garage ready to ride right from my doorstep. johhny doesnt scare me. hes a great rider but you would be kidding yourself if you think there isnt others out there just like him. im 29. i ride with kids half my age that are twice as good as me. keeps you sharp. Believe it or not i do really ride and have an incredibly busy life, hence why this is my first post on here in probably a year. i get about 60 days a year in....pretty damn good....if thats not considered "really" riding im not sure what is aside from the sled bums that work in the summer, go on EI and ride 100+ days all winter...not me i have far more important chit than snowmobiling to take care of during the winter.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I think that can be said for a lot of sports. When I used to rodeo (steer wrestling) I remember a group of us talking about how there were unbelievably good guys out there that just werent interested in the travelling and all the BS. Havent been directly involved with any sled filming, but have gotten a bit of an inside glimpse through other people that are. Doesnt seem like much fun to me. Id rather just go ride.

yep, been involed with that and no thankyou. "ok no one touch that snow". its taken the fun out of it for a couple of my good friends. i want to make my own short films this year but it wont be from dedicated filming...if we happen to catch something cool while everyone is doing their thing then thats a win and everyone has fun.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apples and oranges, can't compare a 3"track to a 2.6".

Nope you really can't, I had a brain damaged moment and took a 2.6 850 after loving the 3" 174, huge mistake! I still have my T3 and it will make the G4 look pretty sad in last weekends Salmon snow!! Places where the T3 would just keep chewing through the G4 was loser stuck!!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just for the record I don't collect EI. I don't think Johnny does either? But yeah there probably is more important things in life then sledding.

I'd never suggest everyone go out and sled 5months straight as some sort of a life goal, but hey that's what we do.....

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i chickened out of going to revelstoke. because well......why on earth would i want to do that when i have a beautiful home in valemount and my entire fleet sitting in a nice warm garage ready to ride right from my doorstep. johhny doesnt scare me. hes a great rider but you would be kidding yourself if you think there isnt others out there just like him. im 29. i ride with kids half my age that are twice as good as me. keeps you sharp. Believe it or not i do really ride and have an incredibly busy life, hence why this is my first post on here in probably a year. i get about 60 days a year in....pretty damn good....if thats not considered "really" riding im not sure what is aside from the sled bums that work in the summer, go on EI and ride 100+ days all winter...not me i have far more important chit than snowmobiling to take care of during the winter.

You don't need to justify yourself to me or anyone else bud.

I find your Doo love nothing more than amusing. As I said I give you credit for it!

I loved Doo's since my first rides on sleds, I just chose to ride something else now that is better for me and will until something better be it whatever brand comes along and helps me improve my riding. There are amazing kids out there riding that is for sure. Someone like young Tanner (TRD's son) is going to be impossible to keep up with soon.

I am glad Doo has built the G4. Keep on pushing the limits of those who can and keep on improving the ones of others.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have an incredibly busy life, hence why this is my first post on here in probably a year..[/QUOTE

image.jpg

Lol.....wat?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys need to give him a break, he's only 29. In a few more years he will get serious about sleds LOL...j/k

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope you really can't, I had a brain damaged moment and took a 2.6 850 after loving the 3" 174, huge mistake! I still have my T3 and it will make the G4 look pretty sad in last weekends Salmon snow!! Places where the T3 would just keep chewing through the G4 was loser stuck!!

Guess you should have got the 3inch track!-LOL

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys need to give him a break, he's only 29. In a few more years he will get serious about sleds LOL...j/k

I also wanted to add that Maxwell might be just a little confused. It has been my observation, well over 35yrs of involvement in this sport that a very large percentage of sledders get introduced or start on Ski-Doo's. That kinda tell's the story on its own...for starter sled's.
I also have observed that most that get a start on Ski-Doo's tend to lingure with the brand for 10-15yrs before progressing to a more challenging ride. Some are physically more challenged so need the extra help, so ya the sled is loaded with gimmicks to help you learn.
Of course in the long run we all inspire to be sledder's, while some become content with their current challenges as sled goes, other look for the ultimate challenge.
The sled many shy away from because its just too much......the Yamaha....lol...j/k

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say nothing... I am well behaved and a lady.. ish.. Hugs and a high five scotts!

:Snowmobile1::Snowmobile1::Snowmobile1::rockon:

Last edited:

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
everbody has their opinion on sleds,yes i started with doo and still ride doo.over 40 years .yes mt riding is done very regular,another group of guys come with us 3 times a year and some are on polaris,does the doo out do the poo in deep powder,yes. is it driver or machine?? look at the parking lot in the morning to see what majority of sleds are,any time i have looked around the doo will have the highest count.ten years ago maybe not. every sled has there good,every sled has there bad, some guys can make a poo perform,other guys just cannot .that goes for all sleds,its more what your use to and feels good to you.my personal preference is doo and for my riding am very happy with doo.yes some guys are posting problems with the 850 but give brp time to sort out,seems all manufactories have issues,especially with the amount of changes doo did,give them time

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode cats for 30 years. Been on Doo since 2013. I dreaded being a doo guy. Most Doo guys are Blindly loyal city dudes with jobs in office towers. Most cat and Polaris guys actually know how to fix a sled and rock a leather hat. They have a rusty trailer and gas powered truck. I Love arctic cat still but for now the Doo chassis feels great under my feet. In the end we all want to get better and more technical. The main common point in all sledders is the obsession to ride as much as possible before the snow melts. We check the forcast daily and constantly talk about winter in the summer. :)

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You see guy's its just this simple, if your a regular dude looking into getting into the sport and are healthy and fit. No need to be a muscle man but basically fit.
Then a Polaris or Arctic Cat are the sled's for you. Ya they will have a slight learning curve, more so then the Ski-doo but nothing that a normal individual can't handle and get real good at.
Now here is the beauty of thing's. BRP with their Ski-doo line has opened up the chances for those with impairment. You know the ones with slow feet or lardass syndrome and many other physical impairments. Even has made it so it is much more friend and family friendly, to the point you can take grandpa with his arthritis and walker out for the day.
Or Ed your bro-inlaw that lost his left leg 2yrs ago in a DUI accident...thank god he stopped drinking. Heck ya you can even take little Joey that never leaves his room and stare's at his PC all day.
Hats off to Ski-doo because at the end of the day we all want to feel like a pro and Ski-doo will do that for you no matter what your impairment is.
"At Ski-doo, we do it all for you"......is that a slogan??, probably not, it should be though.

For all you ski-doo rider's out there, just playing with ya...love ya anyways. Even though your riding a Doo.

Top Bottom