boy oh boy......

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if they put the chain tensioner on the load side they aren't too bright
it's not on the load side, tex has banged his head again.

tension_zpsfvz5yqo9.png

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone makes it sound like this thing is putting out 100 HP more than an 800xm.

Chaincase and belts on turbo 800xms never seemed to have these problems...........

You are wrong here, Daryl Baker asked me where he could get better chains for the XM (hyvo style)because they stretch or break. Not sure how many kms he was getting out of them but it was a concern for him.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I haven't had one apart or seen the pic till now, just assumed it was on the other side

Why would they use a shoe against the chain and not a roller??

That shoe will wear fast in my mind

sent while drinking tea's

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't worry boys, Tom at TKI will have his belt drive kits available really soon, just waiting on some parts to come in.

We bought a shop sled for testing stuff this year. A 2012 Summit X 154. We put a belt drive on it and we are very happy with the results. The box of crap that cam out of that chain case is stupid heavy, The chain weight is most ridiculousness in comparison to the belt weight. Can't imagine how much that 4 footer weighs in the G4?

Chris

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you opened the case on your xm? It's a shoe too.

lol!!!! and on the XP........pretty sure it hasnt been a roller since the rev. and actually ive never had to replace a shoe, as long as clean oil is passing over it they seem to hold up incredibly well

Top Bottom