Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well as it sits now
KLIM 4
HMK 1
SNOWBOARD 2
OTHER 2
MOTORFIST 6
will sit and watch for a bit more but it seems like the motorfist is the way to go
Keep the replys coming as we should get a good idea what is the most used boot.
Thanks
Rich

JonJean

Reaction score
Ok I want a new pair of boots this year. So!!!! lets see what is the best and why? and im sure that all this will help us all
Rich

HMK Team Boa Focus. lots of support easy to put on and even easier to take off. keeps you dry. awesome boots

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what kind of pant do you wear? Most importantly, what kind of gator is on your pants?

I've got Klim Bibs and Klim Freeride pants. I believe I was wearing the Freeride pants both days. I believe both have Gaiters that get tucked into the boots.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My feet have never been wet in my motorfists. Plus they are SO light and much smaller than normal boots. The only thing I wish they had was the boa system.

mfguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? I bought a pair of Motorfist Boots this spring thinking the smaller boot would be better suited for spring riding. I wore my Klims on Day 1 of May Long- Dry Feet and no problems. Wore the Motorfist on Day 2 and I don't think my feet have ever been so wet in my entire life. Maybe I got a bad pair? :dontknow:

I PM's ya.

You did get a bad pair. It happens. We will get a new pair out to you.

Sometimes I think, the tree huggers sabotage us!!!

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I PM's ya.

You did get a bad pair. It happens. We will get a new pair out to you.

Sometimes I think, the tree huggers sabotage us!!!

Thank you very much! It's good to see a company stand by their product. Good on you guys!

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used HMK Highmark 4 boots - too stiff. Wore FXR boots for two seasons before that - waterproofing lasted one season. Have had Klim Adrenline boots for last two years - hands down the best boot I've had. I've heard good things about motorfist, but no personal experience with them.

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gave Klim, HMK, Sorrell and Motorfist all a try.......Motorfist hands down for comfort and stayin dry!!!
I am now dressed in all thier product and had any issues handled promptly and professionally by both the manufacturere and my local dealer....cant say enough about them..........first class!!!!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had 2 pairs of HMK's Pro with laces,, snow melts on laces and they can get wet in warmer weather but -10 or colder great boot and support... p.s. HMK also warrantied a pair for me no questions asked overall great service

I love my motorfist pants but undecided on the low cut hunting boot idea. I like the support from the higher boots and it saves my shins from the boards but I am yet to try a pair of motorfist but I am also due this season.

Problem for me is I get too hot and my feet sweat. What pair will breathe the best? and what pair are the lightest?

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Stomper boot looks like it is shorter. BUT From the heel to the top of the ankle it is just about the same height as a KLim boot.

It's sneaky that way.
Can you add a web link to for this boot

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you add a web link to for this boot

stomper.jpg
MotorFist Stomper Boot.mov - YouTube

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^ yup that's the one you want. You will NOT be disappointed. And you can't go wrong with the PR that MFguy is giving his product on this thread.

Luck.ycangus

Reaction score
HMK Team Boa Focus. lots of support easy to put on and even easier to take off. keeps you dry. awesome boots

i'm with jonjean on this one. my hmk boots are awesome, but the rest of there stuff that i got not so much. this year i will be in MF gear but i'm keeping my hmm boots.

gopherchoker

Reaction score
Had a bunch of cheaper chit the last couple of years and even went to the extreme of putting plastic bags in my boots to keep the water out. So last year after a lot of research broke down and bought klim adrenalin gtx boots. They are probably worth more than all my other gear combined( except helmet), but there is no way I would do without. Very light weight, very comfortable, and waterproof. Also they are warm in the -30 c days without being too warm in the +5 c days. The one cold day I forgot my good socks at home. Wore boots for 10 hours straight with just sweat socks and feet were toasty all day. I can absolutely guarantee that you wouldn't be disappointed in them. Also hear there warranty is really good, but haven't needed it.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a bunch of cheaper chit the last couple of years and even went to the extreme of putting plastic bags in my boots to keep the water out. So last year after a lot of research broke down and bought klim adrenalin gtx boots. They are probably worth more than all my other gear combined( except helmet), but there is no way I would do without. Very light weight, very comfortable, and waterproof. Also they are warm in the -30 c days without being too warm in the +5 c days. The one cold day I forgot my good socks at home. Wore boots for 10 hours straight with just sweat socks and feet were toasty all day. I can absolutely guarantee that you wouldn't be disappointed in them. Also hear there warranty is really good, but haven't needed it.

I know Socks are a HUGE factor in the performance of boots. In my motorfist boots I have to wear proper wicking socks.. nothing too bulky or My feet will sweat and get wet. Cotton is the WORST choice for any kind of under layer as it doesn't breathe at all. In the classes I teach kids, I get them chanting
Cotton Kills Cotton Kills... just making the point that hypothermia (big bad boogie man Hypothermia) is hoping you will wear cotton as it will soak up your sweat like a sponge, then you will get cold... I wear motorfist socks and other wicking socks to keep my feet dry.
Sometimes peeps come into the store, and buy an outerlayer and say.. meh I've got a hoody to wear underneath... Noooooooooooooo wear the proper stuff! So the kids take the time to explain to them the properties of fabrics, and why hoodies aren't a great choice.

Top Bottom