Blue River

Snowman

Reaction score
We just negotiated a permit to alow sledding to continue in the Finn Creek Ground Hog area. THe issues are cariboo and we will all have to respect signage that will be placed around a perimiter of the area, this is all brand new info as of last nights negotiations with gov't. There will be information in and around town and at the trail head on closed areas, we didn't lose much but we need to realy do a good job of respecting the closed areas or we will lose.

Apreciate the offer for help, ride hard !!
Bill

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
My hat goes off to everyone invloved in the negotaitions. We are loosing way too many riding areas and I'm glad there could be an agreement.

We just negotiated a permit to alow sledding to continue in the Finn Creek Ground Hog area. THe issues are cariboo and we will all have to respect signage that will be placed around a perimiter of the area, this is all brand new info as of last nights negotiations with gov't. There will be information in and around town and at the trail head on closed areas, we didn't lose much but we need to realy do a good job of respecting the closed areas or we will lose.

Apreciate the offer for help, ride hard !!
Bill

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
......good for you guys, better to lose a little than a lot. We had our meeting Mon. night with SARCO and heard their proposed closures for this area, we already have areas closed for caribou habitat, don`t think we are ready to lose any more.
Snowman will your snowmobile club have to sign and monitor the closed areas for caribou habitat? If not who will be paying for the signs and distributing the info? Will MOE or a CO be ticketing offenders?

Snowman

Reaction score
......good for you guys, better to lose a little than a lot. We had our meeting Mon. night with SARCO and heard their proposed closures for this area, we already have areas closed for caribou habitat, don`t think we are ready to lose any more.
Snowman will your snowmobile club have to sign and monitor the closed areas for caribou habitat? If not who will be paying for the signs and distributing the info? Will MOE or a CO be ticketing offenders?
BR Powder Packers will be responsible for providing information. We received $5000.00 from gov't for costs such as manning the parking area and distributing maps, Gov't is supplying maps We will be GPSing the boundry tommorow and gov't will provide signs but we along with the fish cops need to place them in the area. We as a club will be required to moniter and report caribou activity, and also report on sledders activity. The CO's will be around and probably begin with only warning but they may ticket if the sighnage is in place and is ignored. Bottom line is we all have to do our part to insure compliance and futer use of this area and if we demonstrate that we sledders are capable of respecting closed area it will be easeier to keep other areas open in the future this in my opinion is just the begining .We need to act responsibly or we will lose everything.

ps my spelling sucks but at least you get the info

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What were the conditions like this weekend? Did you get snow earlier in the week?
I'm looking at heading down this weekend...anyone else :D

Top Bottom