Black

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
i am with scrfce..... 18-19K for a sled that might compete with a 800.... this is crazy. Where not buying harley bikes here.... just sleds.

good promotional video. to bad the guy only lays the sled over to one side, which would be the easiest. Heck if you look at some of the trees in relation to the hill the sled is spinning doughnuts on, not very step. but thats all realtive to what you normally ride :)

One question do either one of you ride Nytro's on a daily basis?

Jan

PS Remember....the video you saw was just the teaser....we will post it up full length once we get it.

Last edited:

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Jan

PS Remember....the video you saw was just the teaser....we will post it up full length once we get it.

everyone is a expert but they only own a 2 stroke ;)

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Jan

everyone is a expert but they only own a 2 stroke ;)

technical terrain is a relative thing.... Do i ride one regularly, no. Have i rode them, yes. I find the weight is just not positioned properly on them, front end heavy. So this will throw the balance of the sled off. Its just not agile and quick enough, i have never seen one hang with me in the trees or play in my type of terrain. Any one can throw a 600lbs machine around in +4ft powder, but 80% of peoples riding is 1-2ft or less, not as easy to through around. Reality is hp doesnt always win, especially in the trees. You cant really take a running start to keep up:rolleyes:

probably why skinz isnt really offering boost for a technical sled.... give it a couple years yamaha will have caught up with geomety and weight and where does that put the sled.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your joking right?? :rolleyes:

I dont get the joke if i was,,,, tell me then what part was funny?

U know i was gonna point out a bunch of obvious reasons of why non boosted yammies SUCK but why waste my time theyre well.... obvious. You, I and everyone else knows it. No joke.

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

U know i was gonna point out a bunch of obvious reasons of why non boosted yammies SUCK but why waste my time theyre well.... obvious. You, I and everyone else knows it. No joke.

why dont you go make your own thread so you can piss and moan

cheers,
mike

Last edited:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
technical terrain is a relative thing.... Do i ride one regularly, no. Have i rode them, yes. I find the weight is just not positioned properly on them, front end heavy. So this will throw the balance of the sled off. Its just not agile and quick enough, i have never seen one hang with me in the trees or play in my type of terrain. Any one can throw a 600lbs machine around in +4ft powder, but 80% of peoples riding is 1-2ft or less, not as easy to through around. Reality is hp doesnt always win, especially in the trees. You cant really take a running start to keep up:rolleyes:

probably why skinz isnt really offering boost for a technical sled.... give it a couple years yamaha will have caught up with geomety and weight and where does that put the sled.

One of the issues that the new front end addresses is the geometry and balance of the sled. I ride my Nytro ALL THE TIME and while I don't find them too badly balanced side to side the way they dart and dive is an issue. The new front end addresses this by putting the skis farther ahead thereby transfering some of the front end weight forward.

As far as agility and technical riding I have a 19 year old son who can take my stock Nytro and make that baby dance...can I do that NO....why because I am not that good of a rider. But it can be done you only need the right rider. With the new front end I may be able to make it preform some new tricks!!!!!

Jan

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com

Well scrfce I don't have anything to say to that other than you can't please all the people all the time!

This thread was not started with the intention of turning it into a pissing match over who makes the best sled. The intent of this thread is to showcase some of the new technology Skinz has out to improve the handling and ride-ablilty of the Nytro's

Good bye...Have a nice day!

Jan

Last edited:

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well scrfce I don't have anything to say to that other than you can't please all the people all the time!

This thread was not started with the intention of turning it into a pissing match over who makes the best sled. The intent of this thread is to showcase some of the new technology Skinz has out to improve the handling and ride-ablilty of the Nytro's

Good bye...Have a nice day!

Jan

T2t youve got me wrong here, wasnt bashing or pissin bud called me out, i thought my original post made alotta sense, i didnt think that a non boosted 19k nytro that would be fightin to hang with 12k sleds was worth it, my opinion so shoot me.

That bein said the sled looks sick and am interested to see what skinz will pull off with the pro and M, and by the looks of what theyve done with black im sure itll be just as killerl

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the issues that the new front end addresses is the geometry and balance of the sled. I ride my Nytro ALL THE TIME and while I don't find them too badly balanced side to side the way they dart and dive is an issue. The new front end addresses this by putting the skis farther ahead thereby transfering some of the front end weight forward.

Anyone tried playing with the limiter strap to settle the front of the sled down slightly? It puzzles me a little why you would move the skis forward to balance the sled and make changes to the geometry, when the basic balance of the sled is controlled by dynamic transfer under load occurring at the pivot point on the front suspension arm. How much farther does it move the skis forward? Is this something that could be solved by something like a "ski saddle relocation kit" or similar simple solution without changing all the arm locations and front end angles?

Not trying to start anything, just curious. I realize its a balance issue, I guess the Nytro never seemed that unbalanced to me, although I've mostly ridden boosted ones, even the stocker seemed fairly fine.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be honest everyone, I don't get why people are saying nytros are heavy and hard to throw around, I'm 150lbs and 15 years old and I can throw mine around on a dime and side hill better with it than my old xp. Just sayin.. Haha But I really love the look of the black nytros :d

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Here is an excerpt from the Skinz press release on the new Concept front suspension for the Nytro;

"This front suspension repositions the spindle 4.5” forward along with an increase in caster which addresses many of the handling problems associated with the Nytro. This front suspension significantly improves trail handling and reduces or eliminates the erratic behavior of the Nytro. It enables the Nytro MTX to perform and function as a technical riding machine in the mountains allowing the rider to experience technical side hilling, off camber maneuverability, downhill to uphill turns, etc.."

Our own Nytro is N/A and is front end heavy on the snow with a tendency to dive hard when on a side hill. We have let the front limiter down to get away from adding more ski pressure to a sled with a heavy front end. It is also a very top heavy machine with a high center of gravity. For us adding the under tunnel exhaust and lower seat have helped to drop weight and get the CG lower on the machine. But it is still a machine that does not like to be pulled over and when it does pull over it is very hard to maintain the balance point, especially in straight stock form. We are very much looking forward to having the new front suspension on our Nytro along with the other tweaks that make a Black sled.

All of the Black sleds will not be new machines. Older Nytro's can be retrofitted into Black's as well.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
To be honest everyone, I don't get why people are saying nytros are heavy and hard to throw around, I'm 150lbs and 15 years old and I can throw mine around on a dime and side hill better with it than my old xp. Just sayin.. Haha But I really love the look of the black nytros :d

Carrots you're my hero!!!!!;) LOL!!!!!

Jan

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is an excerpt from the Skinz press release on the new Concept front suspension for the Nytro;

"This front suspension repositions the spindle 4.5” forward along with an increase in caster which addresses many of the handling problems associated with the Nytro. This front suspension significantly improves trail handling and reduces or eliminates the erratic behavior of the Nytro. It enables the Nytro MTX to perform and function as a technical riding machine in the mountains allowing the rider to experience technical side hilling, off camber maneuverability, downhill to uphill turns, etc.."

QUOTE]

Moving the skies forward will move the center of gravity forward, say just behind the handle bars probably to where the pivot point on the bars is. As where is should be.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Anyone tried playing with the limiter strap to settle the front of the sled down slightly? It puzzles me a little why you would move the skis forward to balance the sled and make changes to the geometry, when the basic balance of the sled is controlled by dynamic transfer under load occurring at the pivot point on the front suspension arm. How much farther does it move the skis forward? Is this something that could be solved by something like a "ski saddle relocation kit" or similar simple solution without changing all the arm locations and front end angles?

Not trying to start anything, just curious. I realize its a balance issue, I guess the Nytro never seemed that unbalanced to me, although I've mostly ridden boosted ones, even the stocker seemed fairly fine.

the 2010+ skids seem to work great for me

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
As a point of interest the Nytro's are very balanced compared left to right. The Arctic Cat M sleds of the big four are the most out of balance when weights are compared left ski to right ski.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am with scrfce..... 18-19K for a sled that might compete with a 800.... this is crazy. Where not buying harley bikes here.... just sleds.

good promotional video. to bad the guy only lays the sled over to one side, which would be the easiest. Heck if you look at some of the trees in relation to the hill the sled is spinning doughnuts on, not very step. but thats all realtive to what you normally ride :)

19k and then you still have to turbo it gonna be a small market JMHO.:beer::d

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Maybe or maybe not time will tell, but when you look at the parts and pieces and the amount of detail going into these sleds 19K is probably a very good deal. Alot of people are performing alot of the same modifications on their sleds currently. This program simply gives the customer more options. They can purchase a brand new Black outfitted the way they want or if they all ready own a Nytro they can have it retrofitted into a Black working with modifications they may have all ready made and getting any service work required looked after at the same time. :d

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe or maybe not time will tell, but when you look at the parts and pieces and the amount of detail going into these sleds 19K is probably a very good deal. Alot of people are performing alot of the same modifications on their sleds currently. This program simply gives the customer more options. They can purchase a brand new Black outfitted the way they want or if they all ready own a Nytro they can have it retrofitted into a Black working with modifications they may have all ready made and getting any service work required looked after at the same time. :d

So if you already have a nytro, sounds like you can purchase the pieces to make it a "black" version. either dealer installed or on your own??? So it would be offered as a kit??

Be interested in what they do for a skidoo as you mentioned they where thinking/doing something for skidoo as well. Kit form, for other brands would be interesting.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
So if you already have a nytro, sounds like you can purchase the pieces to make it a "black" version. either dealer installed or on your own??? So it would be offered as a kit??

Be interested in what they do for a skidoo as you mentioned they where thinking/doing something for skidoo as well. Kit form, for other brands would be interesting.

Hey Oler

Yes you can definitely retro fit a Nytro to turn it into the "Black" version. In fact we are taking my 2008 Nytro down to Skinz the July long weekend to have it retro-fitted.

We are working with Skinz to put together all the peices into some kind of package, time will tell if they do that. Otherwise pieces can be purchased individually. We are also negotiating with Skinz to be able to do the builds up here is Canada. We have picked out a builder we will just have to see what Skinz says when we go down and talk to them.

Ski Doo will be next as far as we have been told to date to have Skinz work their magic on it!..

Jan

Top Bottom