Black

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
So if I were to order it in a different color would it still be called "Black"? :d

Cool concept I guess... although as feedback I would have to suggest that they do this sort of package with the two strokes... Perhaps more popular as it appears that most people that are going to mod a Nytro are just going to throw some boost at it.

Yup Rucky it would still be a black you can get different color highlights but the main body stays black.

Rucky they are planning builds for all the brands they started with the Nytro's and I have it on good authority that they will turn their attention to SkiDoo next.

Jan

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We actually have one of those sitting beside our house too!!! We are thinking of getting it going again for our youngest to start out on.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We actually have one of those sitting beside our house too!!! We are thinking of getting it going again for our youngest to start out on.

Good idea. That way he'll appreciate a "real" sled when he gets one....say, the 1969 Johnson Challenger in my yard! I can't believe we used to ride those things! :d:d

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was a 1969 Moto-Ski Zephyr. It had a loooooong track and an amazing 18hp! It was brand new too........gawd I'm old! :ohwell:

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what's this cost compared to a new plain nytro? ( don't know either price)

When are they going to do a pro? How much weight are they going to lose on the pro?

Are the blacks going to have full warranty on everything (like there's really such a thing with sleds)

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Hey Timber

A new Nytro according to the Yamaha Canada website is $15849.00

YAMAHA MOTOR CANADA

The Nytro Black like the one on the pics will run you between $18,000 and $19,000 US . Which when you consider all the after market they are putting on it is very reasonable ie:

Boards - 525.00

Seat Kit - 500.00

UT Exhaust - 500.00

Front end kit - 2100.00

Hood - 550.00

Just to list out a few of the modifications.

I don't know when they will do the Pro, we do know that it is their plan to do all the brands. We have been told they are going to do Ski Doo next.

As far as warranty that is something I will ask about and get back to you.

Jan

Last edited:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I've done a bit of checking into the warranty issue. First thing is if you buy a brand new Project Black from Skinz once you cross the border into Canada with it you automatically void all manufacturer's warranty. You will have 90 days on the parts that Skinz put on it though and they will look at each case individually and are willing to work with their customers as far as their parts go.

We are trying to set up with a local shop to be able to do the customization in Canada so a new sled will not lose it's manufacturer's warranty. BUT I also contacted one of my local Yamaha dealers about the modifications because for example Polaris will void the chassis warranty if you cut off the boards and put the Skinz boards on they will also void the engine warranty if you put a Skinz silencer on it. I was told that as far as after market goes it really depends on the relationship you have with your dealer. The guys I talked to usually just push through legitimate warranty claims. So their really isn't a cut and dry answer to your question...it all depends...LOL...Sorry!

Jan

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soooo we re talkin a non turboed yammy for im guessin between 16-19k that MIGHT and i say might be able to perform and keep up with the stock 12k sleds.
Looks cool but ummm sorry no thx

your joking right?? :rolleyes:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am with scrfce..... 18-19K for a sled that might compete with a 800.... this is crazy. Where not buying harley bikes here.... just sleds.

good promotional video. to bad the guy only lays the sled over to one side, which would be the easiest. Heck if you look at some of the trees in relation to the hill the sled is spinning doughnuts on, not very step. but thats all realtive to what you normally ride :)

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We're not really brand loyal, in our fleet we have a mix of Arctic Cat, Yamaha and Polaris. Each brand has its good points and its bad points. Skinz does a really good job of picking up on weak points in each brand and bringing to market products to improve on these points.
As an example we sell allot of Skinz Airframe Running Boards not only for Nytro's but also for M's and IQ's and Pro RMK's. The M's, IQ's and Pro RMK's are all very capable sleds out of the box, but the addition of the Skinz boards makes them even better.
Allot of the product seen on the Black sled has been in production for a while now. At a basic level the Black sled simply ties it all together along with some other parts from other top level manufacturer's for a complete package.
One also has to keep in mind unless boost is added the Black was not built for highmarking, it was built for more technical type riding

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am with scrfce..... 18-19K for a sled that might compete with a 800.... this is crazy. Where not buying harley bikes here.... just sleds.

good promotional video. to bad the guy only lays the sled over to one side, which would be the easiest. Heck if you look at some of the trees in relation to the hill the sled is spinning doughnuts on, not very step. but thats all realtive to what you normally ride :)

I agree with this statement; however, I believe most of the mods being done to these sleds are to improve ergonomics over performance... Which arguably is just as important. You can throw all the hp you want at a sled, but if you can't control the thing, what of it?

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Looks good.....BUT.... it been done way too many times kinda like a lifted black super duty with black rims.....how bout some color? ....just sayin

Top Bottom