black berry? what kind.....

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm on my second Tour and it's the best of all the BB's I've had and I too have had a bunch of them. Like others have mentioned the Storm is a POS.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as Longhorn...business wise. On my second Curve and love it. A little smaller than the others without going as small as the Pearl, but still big on performance.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the BB curve and it has been great.

Am curious about the new telus phone that is supposed to be like the I phone

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
RETODD said they're coming out with a "version 2" shortly.Supposed to be waaaaaaaaaaaay better than I or BB.I've always been a Motorola fan so I just might try one.

bengp1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
terry dont feel bad my dad just did the switch the other day he was playing connect four online with other ppl i had to laugh at his amazement

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Terry, seriously consider the iphone.......

I have given Terry my iPhone... It was just a train wreck. He couldnt even dial!!

He wants something with buttons, no touch screen. I don't know what Telus 3G is like as I have Rogers, but when I don't have 3G, I have Edge, and when I don't have Edge I just have anaolog.... Shouldn't Telus be the same if we get him a 3G phone?

Has anyone had experience with the Bold? Or should we just get Terry the Tour or Curve based on the fact that they have been out for a while?

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Tour, Curve3 or the Bold all good, matter if features vs. $$...stay away from the Storm. I've played with the Motorola Milestone...it is awesome...version two is due out this spring...iPhone is an iPhone...also cool but everything Apple.

I'm a BB user...I'd sure miss the BB Messenger but would go to each one of my friends homes and install and agreed upon chat platform on their BB then buy the new Driod.

Last edited:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
boots' bunny has the milestone ... it is a good phone and has full keyboard.... i have tried it and i find it better then the bb

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I have given Terry my iPhone... It was just a train wreck. He couldnt even dial!!

He wants something with buttons, no touch screen. I don't know what Telus 3G is like as I have Rogers, but when I don't have 3G, I have Edge, and when I don't have Edge I just have anaolog.... Shouldn't Telus be the same if we get him a 3G phone?

Has anyone had experience with the Bold? Or should we just get Terry the Tour or Curve based on the fact that they have been out for a while?

No, Telus is not like Rogers yet...when Telus loses the 3G coverage, then you lose everything just like you are in a no coverage area, and Telus no longer has analog towers in AB and the Telus 3G phones will not operate on the SK analog system which is also on its way out. If this was different I would suggest the Bold, but with travel and such might be a bad choice. Good coverage in AB and BC but none in SK and limited in the northern states.

I would strongly suggest the Tour (high end) or at least the Curve, both CDMA models. If travel in the US and SK is seldom or never, then the Bold would be my first choice.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Somewhat correct...no one has analog towers anymore...all shutdown. TELUS's CDMA (which is digital not analog) network will not be retired in the near future, in agreement talks with SaskTel...unless you travel around for a living 3G+ the only way to go. 3G+ network being built out and expanded every month into all CDMA areas.

In 2009, SaskTel began construction of a new Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) wireless network. This network will enable you to enjoy the benefits of using UMTS and High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) compatible cellular and data devices. The UMTS/HSPA network will also enable you to use your UMTS/HSPA phone on similar UMTS/HSPA networks across Canada and around the world where SaskTel has established roaming agreements with other UMTS/HSPA network providers. Read more.

No, Telus is not like Rogers yet...when Telus loses the 3G coverage, then you lose everything just like you are in a no coverage area, and Telus no longer has analog towers in AB and the Telus 3G phones will not operate on the SK analog system which is also on its way out. If this was different I would suggest the Bold, but with travel and such might be a bad choice. Good coverage in AB and BC but none in SK and limited in the northern states.

I would strongly suggest the Tour (high end) or at least the Curve, both CDMA models. If travel in the US and SK is seldom or never, then the Bold would be my first choice.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
give him a roll of kite string and a package of syrofoam cups to hand out to all his freinds.......

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once you poke a hole in a cup you can't hold whiskey in it.... It would never work, he couldn't be convinced!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Somewhat correct...no one has analog towers anymore...all shutdown. TELUS's CDMA (which is digital not analog) network will not be retired in the near future, in agreement talks with SaskTel...unless you travel around for a living 3G+ the only way to go. 3G+ network being built out and expanded every month into all CDMA areas.

In 2009, SaskTel began construction of a new Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) wireless network. This network will enable you to enjoy the benefits of using UMTS and High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) compatible cellular and data devices. The UMTS/HSPA network will also enable you to use your UMTS/HSPA phone on similar UMTS/HSPA networks across Canada and around the world where SaskTel has established roaming agreements with other UMTS/HSPA network providers. Read more.

Actually Sasktel still has their analog towers up...we are using the good old 3watt bag phones in southern SK right now. They have informed us that they plan to deactivate the analog system around June 2010, but yes nobody else in Canada has them....

SK is a tiny bit behind the 8 ball LOL...

Once SK gets the 3G network up and running, and Telus gets an agreement with them (important as Telus and Sasktel never did sort out their EVDO agreements) then 3G will be the only way to go. For me cause I travel in the US a lot, agreements with Verizon will be critical too. Verizon is very slow on the 3G coverage as well and Telus roams off the Verizon towers in the US.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
21st Century tech:beer::beer:

Attachments

• 307257.jpg
    307257.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 110

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Wow...they still got em up eh...it looks like they are speeding to the techno table...good on them...makes it easier for all us consumers to choose.

To add: We've had the TELUS iPhone in Palm Springs and Hawaii without issue...the charges were not killer...actually better then the CDMA carriers down there.

Actually Sasktel still has their analog towers up...we are using the good old 3watt bag phones in southern SK right now. They have informed us that they plan to deactivate the analog system around June 2010, but yes nobody else in Canada has them....

SK is a tiny bit behind the 8 ball LOL...

Once SK gets the 3G network up and running, and Telus gets an agreement with them (important as Telus and Sasktel never did sort out their EVDO agreements) then 3G will be the only way to go. For me cause I travel in the US a lot, agreements with Verizon will be critical too. Verizon is very slow on the 3G coverage as well and Telus roams off the Verizon towers in the US.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok rest easy.......i got a new blackberry curve.....should be fun to figure that mofo out....thanks for the input guys... well ally should have all the info inputted by morning...ha ha... now if i can just open up the box an see what it looks like...whos got a knife.....

:eek::eek:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Wow...they still got em up eh...it looks like they are speeding to the techno table...good on them...makes it easier for all us consumers to choose.

To add: We've had the TELUS iPhone in Palm Springs and Hawaii without issue...the charges were not killer...actually better then the CDMA carriers down there.

Its quite pathetic...we work between Maple Creek and Shaunavon to Swift Current and we can only get 1X coverage, no EVDO because Telus and Sasktel cant come to an agreement on roaming...I was in Swift and had to do an upgrade and was on the phone with customer support and they actually suggested that I drive to either Saskatoon or Regina so that I could get onto the 1xev service required for the update...WTF!

Once the 3G coverage gets going, it will be great, and likely just in time for 4G lol!!! We used the 3G phone in Vegas also no issues but try and use it in Montana and you are pretty much screwed. Be nice when they get it all sorted out.

TERRY:

Good job bud! Now when ya need help and pointers there are a ton of us to help ya out. BlackBerry Messenger is a must have...:beer:

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
I know the Bberry Storm has had bad reviews but has anyone got their hands on the new Storm 2???

RETODD- Any insights on this phone??? I like the package of the storm but am concerned about the reliability. I currently am on a 8830-World Edition and it has by far been the best phone that I have owned. Had it for 3.5 years and still works flawlessly so if I buy a new one, I want it to work just as well!

Top Bottom