25 Things about Me (& You)

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well sitting here debating with myself as to weather or not to but the laundry on the line ah what the hell here goes

1.My dad was my superman cant believe it has been almost a year miss him a lot:(

2.Hate my mom for putting him in a hospice:mad:

3. Love my mom for having the courage to put him in the hospice and to be alone:)

4.Regret that he passed with strangers and not family ( my only regret in life)

5. Have not always liked my wife but have never not loved her in 22 years

6. she says i am a flirt ( Love to flirt) but am completely harmless

7.took my cusin on his first big adventure straight out of high school he was 18 i was 24 picked him on a saturday and drove straight thru to vegas
i gambled not quite sure what he did but i know he had fun and will remember it for the rest of his life

8.Hate h1n1 wife had it i think freind spent 22 days in a coma because of it and my cousins daughter passed away from complications of it ( been a hell of a year)

9. family is important to me even though we dont have kids

10. started taking my nephew sledding w/ me when he was 3 my sister hated it at first but learned free time away from kids was a good thing took a lot of trust in me on her part.

11. He learned about the kill switch at 4 used to press it at the most un apropriate times.

12. He watched the white death chase me when he was 10 thank god for slow moving wet heavy snow (Scared the ch!t out of me)

13.Spent the night out side huddled under a tree w/me not so long ago waiting for the search and rescue helicopter it never came (i think hes still mad about that he will be 21 in april)

14.my niece has had my heart since she was about 3 she has me wrapped around her finger and she knows it (she will be 21 in October)

15. Stern warning young gentlemen you break her heart and you will have poked the bear w/ me

16.love my job sold my bussines to do what i do today it keeps me young
(LOVE my trade and would recomend it to any one) Ladies let your daughters grow up to be trades people if thats what they want

17.love 80's music is ther any other station on the sat radio besides #8

18. ran track and played hockey and skied when i was young and was pretty good could run the mile in 5 minutes would not know that today by looking at me today

19.coming up on my first year being smoke free Who knew that would be a bad habit easily broken

20. like to drink but dont think i have a problem ( young guys watch out for us older ones we can drink like fish when challenged and we like yager bombs
it makes us wide awake drunks )

21. have not been on a dirt bike in a long time but luv my road bike

22. Have a best friend and he has been there for 30 years

23. If you are aforded the opertunity in life to "pay it forward" you should do so

24. Live Love and Laugh our time here is short

25.See #1

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well earlier I sat and read through this whole thread and was touched.I even tried to write twenty five such things,but am not that creative.
Don't get me wrong I have close to the perfect life,most definately the most perfect wife,four great kids.one beautiful grand daughter,an old dog, but don't think I could ever come up with some of the heart warming posts on this thread so I will not try.
I wish I was as creative and could put to words me thoughts and feelings on this subject but you have all set the bar way too high.
A couple of you I have met and have the greatest respect and admiration for and the rest of you,I feel like I getting to know you through this thread.

Thank You All,
Dave:d

When you have a good life, a great wife and great kids you don't need a list of '25 things' to prove it... thanks for sharing anyway ;)

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok OK. Sales price might be slightly different than real price. Maybe. I'll never admiit it. You don't have to. I know. I know.

1 - 4:30am to 5:00 am is my time, has been forever, if you don't like it, tuff, day starts early(bird worm thing). I think I have slept in maybe a handfull of times past 8:00 am. Okay, fine. But get out of bed and let me sleep dammit!

2 - Righand by choice. Huh? Diggin holes is my business. You secretly love it. And you are good at it.

3 - Time away from family and home is starting to get to me, comes with the trade I guess. (A man chooses his own destiny thing is really coming back to bite me in the ass!) Selling your textbooks for beer in college no longer seems that smart huh!

4 - I read, surf, watch, dream about sledding. Snowmobile movies CAN be watched for 24 hrs 365 days . And you have dragged me into your incestuous pit of addiction...

5 - Horrible with money, Spoil my wife and girls rotten. Figure I'm not taking it with me so might as well spend'er As the Chief Financial Officer and the recipient of this spoiling, I think this is both a blessing and a curse!

6 - Not the brightess. Under educated and Over Paid I think you are genius. You shouldnt tell me different

7 - Every time I go home from work and see my wife for the first time in weeks, sometimes months, it gives me butterflys in my stomach. The same butterflys I got when we got married. **BLUSH**

8 - Played lots of hockey growing up and now I don't even own a pair of skates that fit. I will rectify this situation, but please stop letting your man-feet grow to such gargantuan lengths!!

9 - YAMAHA.......or YAMMIE.... in no way is it to be said YAMAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The only laughing will be at your normally aspirated sled buried to the boards mid way up the Monster. Go YAMAHA :confused:

10 - Boost is expensive, just like any good addiction. :nono:

11 - We had a baby donkey this winter. I miss him:( RIP Bam Bam Me too. He was like our tiny unexpected miracle that came just when we needed him and disappeared from our lives too quickly. What a hole that little dull-grey donkey has left in our family :(

12 - I am in no way, shape, or form a hunter. I don't believe in killing. I shot a robin when I was a kid with my pellet gun. Cried. Nuff said Thank goodness-

13 - My heart is enormous :eek:

14 - Chuck Norris jokes are awesome, Chelley doesn't think so. Gag me with a soggy napkin... Can you say "CHEESALICIOUS?"

15 - I like Ford pickups. I drive a F450 because I believe it to be economical Is that some math you picked up in college? :d

16 - Tough talker but really just a big softy. I know where your goat is tied :cool:

17 - Religion - I figure if I don't burst into flames upon entering the church, I should be good to go, right? Praise Jesus. Amen

18 - My 3 little girls will always be my 3 little girls regardless whom chooses to keep them company while I am not watching. To all you boys that may be interested in my daughters in the near future, I HAVE beaten Chuck Norris. Muahahahaha!

19 - I have a Irish Script tatto on the back of my calf that states my love for my marriage and my babies. And yes it did hurt stabbing a zillion times into my tendons... Baby!! Just kidding...

20 - I love to laugh because of genuine amusement. Life is comical :beer:

21 - I once did this rocking trip to Vegas with a chick and one of the best parts of the trip was blowing up hard boiled eggs up in the complimentary breakfast room microwave in Great Falls. Then laughing so hard with her, milk shot out my nose. We briskly left the establishment, and continued to laugh until Salt Lake City. She is reading this laughing. I think we are still on a most wanted list in Utah!!

22 - I have a fetish for new socks and the smell of race fuel. And, No I don't huff gas in my new socks Are you sure?!?! This would explain a few things...

23 - Madison, McKenna, and Gracie :bdog:

24 - How I got into sledding you ask? I quit smoking and justified buying sleds. Turns out smoking was definately a cheaper habit. He fails to mention that he quit smoking a month before he bought the sled... hmmm...

25 - Here's to the woman that makes me a better man. Richelle is my best friend, and soulmate(Sledmamma) Shes the fuel to my fire. Take down the pedestal a notch buddy...

FACTOID: One horned water buffalos can't hump, just honk.

OK thats enough sappy, better get back to the tough guy. Lovin Life!!! Heading for Smithers in a Week super pumped for 5 days of riding with my family.
Yeeeeeee hawwww! :wtg:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well sitting here debating with myself as to weather or not to but the laundry on the line ah what the hell here goes

1.My dad was my superman cant believe it has been almost a year miss him a lot:( :(

2.Hate my mom for putting him in a hospice:mad:

3. Love my mom for having the courage to put him in the hospice and to be alone:) AWWW...

4.Regret that he passed with strangers and not family ( my only regret in life)

5. Have not always liked my wife but have never not loved her in 22 years I like that, ALOT!

6. she says i am a flirt ( Love to flirt) but am completely harmless I bet that secretly, she likes that you are a flirt because you always choose her

7.took my cusin on his first big adventure straight out of high school he was 18 i was 24 picked him on a saturday and drove straight thru to vegas
i gambled not quite sure what he did but i know he had fun and will remember it for the rest of his life Ooooh My...

8.Hate h1n1 wife had it i think freind spent 22 days in a coma because of it and my cousins daughter passed away from complications of it ( been a hell of a year) Condolences.

9. family is important to me even though we dont have kids

10. started taking my nephew sledding w/ me when he was 3 my sister hated it at first but learned free time away from kids was a good thing took a lot of trust in me on her part.

11. He learned about the kill switch at 4 used to press it at the most un apropriate times. Bahahahahaha!

12. He watched the white death chase me when he was 10 thank god for slow moving wet heavy snow (Scared the ch!t out of me) :eek:

13.Spent the night out side huddled under a tree w/me not so long ago waiting for the search and rescue helicopter it never came (i think hes still mad about that he will be 21 in april)

14.my niece has had my heart since she was about 3 she has me wrapped around her finger and she knows it (she will be 21 in October) AWWW... Heartstrings fluttering... that's what you get for poaching the girly forum!!

15. Stern warning young gentlemen you break her heart and you will have poked the bear w/ me My hubby knows Chuck Norris if you need some help!

16.love my job sold my bussines to do what i do today it keeps me young
(LOVE my trade and would recomend it to any one) Ladies let your daughters grow up to be trades people if thats what they want I tell my daughters this all the time. I often wish I had entered a trade

17.love 80's music is ther any other station on the sat radio besides #8 ;)

18. ran track and played hockey and skied when i was young and was pretty good could run the mile in 5 minutes would not know that today by looking at me today Wow!

19.coming up on my first year being smoke free Who knew that would be a bad habit easily broken Congratulations... time to take up running again??

20. like to drink but dont think i have a problem ( young guys watch out for us older ones we can drink like fish when challenged and we like yager bombs
it makes us wide awake drunks ) :beer:

21. have not been on a dirt bike in a long time but luv my road bike Don't want to see you in my ER MISTER MAN!!

22. Have a best friend and he has been there for 30 years :eek:

23. If you are aforded the opertunity in life to "pay it forward" you should do so

24. Live Love and Laugh our time here is short

25.See #1

Thank you... It is so nice to know you a little bit better!!

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok OK. Sales price might be slightly different than real price. Maybe. I'll never admiit it.

1 - 4:30am to 5:00 am is my time, has been forever, if you don't like it, tuff, day starts early(bird worm thing). I think I have slept in maybe a handfull of times past 8:00 am.

2 - Righand by choice. Huh? Diggin holes is my business.

3 - Time away from family and home is starting to get to me, comes with the trade I guess. (A man chooses his own destiny thing is really coming back to bite me in the ass!)

4 - I read, surf, watch, dream about sledding. Snowmobile movies CAN be watched for 24 hrs 365 days .

5 - Horrible with money, Spoil my wife and girls rotten. Figure I'm not taking it with me so might as well spend'er

6 - Not the brightess. Under educated and Over Paid

7 - Every time I go home from work and see my wife for the first time in weeks, sometimes months, it gives me butterflys in my stomach. The same butterflys I got when we got married.

8 - Played lots of hockey growing up and now I don't even own a pair of skates that fit.

9 - YAMAHA.......or YAMMIE.... in no way is it to be said YAMAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The only laughing will be at your normally aspirated sled buried to the boards mid way up the Monster. Go YAMAHA

10 - Boost is expensive, just like any good addiction.

11 - We had a baby donkey this winter. I miss him:( RIP Bam Bam

12 - I am in no way, shape, or form a hunter. I don't believe in killing. I shot a robin when I was a kid with my pellet gun. Cried. Nuff said

13 - My heart is enormous

14 - Chuck Norris jokes are awesome, Chelley doesn't think so.

15 - I like Ford pickups. I drive a F450 because I believe it to be economical

16 - Tough talker but really just a big softy.

17 - Religion - I figure if I don't burst into flames upon entering the church, I should be good to go, right?

18 - My 3 little girls will always be my 3 little girls regardless whom chooses to keep them company while I am not watching. To all you boys that may be interested in my daughters in the near future, I HAVE beaten Chuck Norris.

19 - I have a Irish Script tatto on the back of my calf that states my love for my marriage and my babies. And yes it did hurt stabbing a zillion times into my tendons...

20 - I love to laugh because of genuine amusement. Life is comical

21 - I once did this rocking trip to Vegas with a chick and one of the best parts of the trip was blowing up hard boiled eggs up in the complimentary breakfast room microwave in Great Falls. Then laughing so hard with her, milk shot out my nose. We briskly left the establishment, and continued to laugh until Salt Lake City. She is reading this laughing.

22 - I have a fetish for new socks and the smell of race fuel. And, No I don't huff gas in my new socks

23 - Madison, McKenna, and Gracie

24 - How I got into sledding you ask? I quit smoking and justified buying sleds. Turns out smoking was definately a cheaper habit.

25 - Here's to the woman that makes me a better man. Richelle is my best friend, and soulmate(Sledmamma) Shes the fuel to my fire.

OK thats enough sappy, better get back to the tough guy. Lovin Life!!! Heading for Smithers in a Week super pumped for 5 days of riding with my family.

Great post!!! I have a feeling you and my hubby would hit it off right away!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This one's for you dude.

Sorry SledMamma.

Oh for F*** Sake!! How is that funny? I thought Chuck was the one who did the injuring, so shouldnt WE sue HIM? Nevermind... Weird, dried up old red-headed actor guy... **shiver**

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
WWWWHHHHAAAT!!!! Chuck noris is the most awsome human who has ever or will ever live. You take that back sledmamma.. WE are friends no more... I say good day to you..

He even Bowls...........

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I heard he counted to infinity........ 3 times.....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIgey9NLdhk[/YOUTUBE]

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard he counted to infinity........ 3 times.....

And Chuck Norris just hijacked the Horsepower Hunny's thread... I swear its my husband's ultimate revenge... Damn him! Damn him all to he11... :rant:

Last edited by a moderator:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well sled mamma you set the bar pretty high with that one......Ummmm
1. I have a pretty good dog, her name is pepper My dogs name is Piper, and he rocks!!
2. I really am 42 and have never set foot in a bowling alley.Thank goodness- I never did understand what all the hubbub was about: it certainly cant be the shoes
3. Jus realized that sledmamma is 25 things cooler than me:confused:
NOT TRUE- Just better at writing long-winded explanations

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok OK. Sales price might be slightly different than real price. Maybe. I'll never admiit it.

1 - 4:30am to 5:00 am is my time, has been forever, if you don't like it, tuff, day starts early(bird worm thing). I think I have slept in maybe a handfull of times past 8:00 am.

2 - Righand by choice. Huh? Diggin holes is my business.

3 - Time away from family and home is starting to get to me, comes with the trade I guess. (A man chooses his own destiny thing is really coming back to bite me in the ass!)

4 - I read, surf, watch, dream about sledding. Snowmobile movies CAN be watched for 24 hrs 365 days .

5 - Horrible with money, Spoil my wife and girls rotten. Figure I'm not taking it with me so might as well spend'er

6 - Not the brightess. Under educated and Over Paid

7 - Every time I go home from work and see my wife for the first time in weeks, sometimes months, it gives me butterflys in my stomach. The same butterflys I got when we got married.

8 - Played lots of hockey growing up and now I don't even own a pair of skates that fit.

9 - YAMAHA.......or YAMMIE.... in no way is it to be said YAMAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The only laughing will be at your normally aspirated sled buried to the boards mid way up the Monster. Go YAMAHA

10 - Boost is expensive, just like any good addiction.

11 - We had a baby donkey this winter. I miss him:( RIP Bam Bam

12 - I am in no way, shape, or form a hunter. I don't believe in killing. I shot a robin when I was a kid with my pellet gun. Cried. Nuff said

13 - My heart is enormous

14 - Chuck Norris jokes are awesome, Chelley doesn't think so.

15 - I like Ford pickups. I drive a F450 because I believe it to be economical

16 - Tough talker but really just a big softy.

17 - Religion - I figure if I don't burst into flames upon entering the church, I should be good to go, right?

18 - My 3 little girls will always be my 3 little girls regardless whom chooses to keep them company while I am not watching. To all you boys that may be interested in my daughters in the near future, I HAVE beaten Chuck Norris.

19 - I have a Irish Script tatto on the back of my calf that states my love for my marriage and my babies. And yes it did hurt stabbing a zillion times into my tendons...

20 - I love to laugh because of genuine amusement. Life is comical

21 - I once did this rocking trip to Vegas with a chick and one of the best parts of the trip was blowing up hard boiled eggs up in the complimentary breakfast room microwave in Great Falls. Then laughing so hard with her, milk shot out my nose. We briskly left the establishment, and continued to laugh until Salt Lake City. She is reading this laughing.

22 - I have a fetish for new socks and the smell of race fuel. And, No I don't huff gas in my new socks

23 - Madison, McKenna, and Gracie

24 - How I got into sledding you ask? I quit smoking and justified buying sleds. Turns out smoking was definately a cheaper habit.

25 - Here's to the woman that makes me a better man. Richelle is my best friend, and soulmate(Sledmamma) Shes the fuel to my fire.

#3 Take some advice from someone who has made every mistake there is to make.Ram that job that keeps you away from your family. Stuff and things never make you happy and kids grow up way to fast.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so i had some time during a long drive and came up with this
1- Iam the parent to two boys,logan 14 and ryan 12.
2-When i was a boy i had dreams that if i ran fast enough i could fly. Had the same dream over and over.
3- I drink wayyy to much diet pepsi
4-Ryan was born 780grams IUGR. He makes me laugh everyday.
5-I have kept track since starting to ride the mountains in 1992 i have rode 543 days in the hills so far.
6-I hate the smell of wood smoke on my clothes???
7- I miss my dad and wish there would have been time to talk..I love you dad.
8-I have pretty much made every mistake in life that is possible.
9- Having a place in the mountains has always been a dream of mine. two years i bought a place in valemont. I love it..
10-Iam am smack in the middle of a bitter divorce. Never marry someone you dont truely love. See #8
11-I love sledding, but hate winter
12-If you come riding with me, have your crap fixed before we get to the parking lot..I will leave you there.
13-Every day iam truely saddened by mans inhumanity to man.I cant understand how people can be so cruel.
14-Chicks with tatoo's are soooo hot.
15-When i was 5 i fell asleep in the dog house. Half the country came to look for me. I woke up hours later went to the house and asked mom why she was crying.
16-I love harvest. Logan ran the second combine some this year. it was so great to look over and see him in the next swath.
17-My mother has parkinson's. I am becomming a parent to my mom.
18-I love Krista, i hope i get it right this time.
19-I hate hunting. Its cruel and pointless. How can bloodshed and pain be enjoyable or sport.
20-I love to watch logan play hockey. watching a child persue their passion is better than anything you will ever do for yourself.
21-Ryan has a kind and gentel heart and all animals know it.
22-My favorite beach is Polihale on the west side of kauai.It is a humbling place. put it on your bucket list.
23-I cant stand people who tell me how busy they are. we feed over 500 head of cattle, farm 4500 acres and run an oilfield service company with up to 45 employees.I have two boys in hockey plus a sevear mountain addiction and a 28 year old girlfriend i dont want to hear it.
24-My friends used to call me the Work Nazi.Not anymore the oil companies can kiss mine, i am going to watch the kids hockey.
25-I have been arrogant and selfish and i want to be a better person, parent, partner and brother.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so i had some time during a long drive and came up with this
25-I have been arrogant and selfish and i want to be a better person, parent, partner and brother.

I loved all of it, but #25 is BY FAR the best thing I have seen written on this thread since we started, bar none. We should all be so humble. <3

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I loved all of it, but #25 is BY FAR the best thing I have seen written on this thread since we started, bar none. We should all be so humble. <3

Trust me, you wont often see my name and humble used in the same sentence.

spitfire340

Reaction score
OK Richelle I'm not sure how you got Jer to bite on this one but since he did i will give it a go.

1. I am not very articulate or a good speller as you will see.
2. I am questioning my sexuallity as i post this.....just kidding
3 I am rarely serious.
4 My favorite color is blue but deffinatly not Yammi blue
5 I am addicted to sledding, if you don't believe me ask my wife.
6 I am 34 years old but rarely act more than 20, again my wife can attest to this.
7 My work is a job to me and nothing more i would seriously quit tomorrow if i could.
8 I am trully at home in the mountains, whether it is sledding, hunting, alone or with friends it seems like thats where i should be. When i drive through them my wife is constantly telling me to watch the road.
9 I am already finding it hard to come up with things to write.
10 I rarely sit still at home and have a nagging urge that things need to be done.
11 I'm not romantic but not afraid to tell my wife that i love her.
12 My kids are my life, if anyone ever hurt them i would go to jail, there is no doubt in my mind.
13 I am never wrong
14 I love the Toronto Maple Leafs but hate leafs fans.
15 I used to play baseball & slowpitch for the competition now its an excuse to drink beer.
16 I never worry its a waste of time.
17 I want to buy my wife an XP but she won't let me. She is much better with money than me. Actually she is an all round better person than me but you would never here that from her.
18 Did I mention that i am addicted to sledding.
19 I was a little sh!t as a teenager and am lucky to have survived to 20.
20 I breezed through highschool and was a constant distraction to others in class, when i showed up.
21 Don't consider myself as an Albertan even though i have been here most of my life.
22 My dogs name is Diesel, I am going to buy a diesel but it won't be lifted nuff said.
23 I'm a redhead and carry all of the steriotypes.
24 genuinly hope to get out sledding with Jer & Richelle this spring but not Revy.
25 Heres to sister Ginger:beer:

Top Bottom