black berry? what kind.....

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the Bberry Storm has had bad reviews but has anyone got their hands on the new Storm 2???

RETODD- Any insights on this phone??? I like the package of the storm but am concerned about the reliability. I currently am on a 8830-World Edition and it has by far been the best phone that I have owned. Had it for 3.5 years and still works flawlessly so if I buy a new one, I want it to work just as well!

I just replaced my World Edition with the Bold 9700. The bold is a NICE phone as long as you have the 3G coverage as discussed. I was up in Slave lake/Canyon Creek area over the past weekend and had no issues with coverage for any part of the trip.

We have some Storm and Storm 2 phones at work. The Storm 2 has WiFi where the original Storm does not. It is also supposed to include some other fixes. I just upgraded a staff members original Storm with the latest software and he states that it is a huge improvement. Let me know if you have any other questions.

TTYL...

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
I know the Bberry Storm has had bad reviews but has anyone got their hands on the new Storm 2???

RETODD- Any insights on this phone??? I like the package of the storm but am concerned about the reliability. I currently am on a 8830-World Edition and it has by far been the best phone that I have owned. Had it for 3.5 years and still works flawlessly so if I buy a new one, I want it to work just as well!

I have the Storm I...the II adds a bit more functionality and WiFi which is a good improvement...cannot comment on the day to day use of the II. Not saying the I is the worst phone ever...I just would not buy if given the choice out there...just happens to be the phone employees were getting when my Curve disappeared at an Oiler game. That being said it is a CDMA Phone not a 3G+...I'd be looking at 3G+ from here on in. :twocents: :d

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the curve and the otter box as well!! Actually ran over it yesterday with the quad not even a mark...other then mudd!!!!!! Really good but my telus GPS drains the battery in like 3 hours......

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
I have the curve and the otter box as well!! Actually ran over it yesterday with the quad not even a mark...other then mudd!!!!!! Really good but my telus GPS drains the battery in like 3 hours......

Yip...the only "phone" that is true GPS like is the Milestone/Droid or any of the Droid units. The BB's and iPhones are not meant to run the screen/GPS and software for extended periods of time.

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
ok rest easy.......i got a new blackberry curve.....should be fun to figure that mofo out....thanks for the input guys... well ally should have all the info inputted by morning...ha ha... now if i can just open up the box an see what it looks like...whos got a knife.....

:eek::eek:

whats your pin?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Yip...the only "phone" that is true GPS like is the Milestone/Droid or any of the Droid units. The BB's and iPhones are not meant to run the screen/GPS and software for extended periods of time.

Go tell your boss that this is totally unacceptable, if he does not fix this oversight immediately we will be forced to vote him off the island.....

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey sorry to jack ur thread but I am trying to get Berry Blab the full version on my phone and I paid the $3.07 and I still cant reply or post to this site on my phone??? Does anyone know what to do??

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go easy on him Lionel... He isnt sure yet what the difference is between blackberry messenger and SMS messages. He just knows when it flashes, he responds LOL

That's another reason why I like the BB. The BB messenger allows you to text other BB users while avoiding the SMS messaging fees that your cell phone provider loves to charge you for. There is now a messaging application called "WhatApp" that allows you to have similer functionality frm iPhone to iPhone and IPhone to BB. Works pretty good but not as nice as the BB messenger. See linky below:

WhatsAppSmartphone Messenger

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
That's another reason why I like the BB. The BB messenger allows you to text other BB users while avoiding the SMS messaging fees that your cell phone provider loves to charge you for. There is now a messaging application called "WhatApp" that allows you to have similer functionality frm iPhone to iPhone and IPhone to BB. Works pretty good but not as nice as the BB messenger. See linky below:

WhatsAppSmartphone Messenger

Agree, WhatApp is not bad...a bunch of us tried it but fell back to SMS iPhone to BB and BBM BB to BB.

Top Bottom