Big Iron Shootout Avalanche @ Turbo March 13,2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Re: Big Iron Slide @ Turbo March 13,2010

These are the PM's I am getting, not only from this person but others. I feel it is important that we share info, but if we are sharing info it should be the correct info. I for one am shutting off my computer for the night and I know my friends will be contacting me directly as they have been doing. I hope the rest of you can have a peaceful night, all the best for those who are working hard at finding our loved ones.

- my final response -

I am helping the people I know by respecting their wishes to not spread information that has not been %100 confirmed. Many people have had a long and tiring day and many more will have a long and tiring next few days. If you wish to have more information the RCMP is available and will be doing a press conferance when all the proper information has been gathered. That is the most important that needs to be shared.

Thank you.

I edited out the name I will take care of it

khaosperformance

Reaction score

My thoughts and prayers for everyone involved in todays unfortunate incident..Snowmobilers are a close family and this hits us all hard....

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I just heard bout this 20 minutes ago....RIP fallen sledders........my thoughts and prayers are with you..........Just got word that my friends are in town and resting......I going to hug my family right now

Last edited:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

These are the PM's I am getting, not only from this person but others. I feel it is important that we share info, but if we are sharing info it should be the correct info. I for one am shutting off my computer for the night and I know my friends will be contacting me directly as they have been doing. I hope the rest of you can have a peaceful night, all the best for those who are working hard at finding our loved ones.

- my final response -

I am helping the people I know by respecting their wishes to not spread information that has not been %100 confirmed. Many people have had a long and tiring day and many more will have a long and tiring next few days. If you wish to have more information the RCMP is available and will be doing a press conferance when all the proper information has been gathered. That is the most important that needs to be shared.

Thank you.

I also received a similar private message, from the same person... I have nothing to say.

echo

Reaction score

My boyfriend and his friends were up there today, some were barried but all are okay. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the friends and families being affected by this right now. I hope everyone makes it home safe and sound tonight.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

God bless and RIP to the deceased. To all the rescuers, stay safe and we'll keep you in our prayers as well. Deepest heartfelt condolences to family and friends of the unlucky victims. :aim_sorry:This makes me sick to my stomach. Sad part is the season isn't over and this won't be enough to get through to the thickest of skulls. The avalanche warning is still in place for most of Southern BC.:(

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

All of B.C. SAR is not on standby. We are ready to go and help if needed tomorrow but I bet they have enough guys in the area to do the job. What a mess and I hope everyone that is missing is found safe and sound.

cat1

Reaction score

Talked to someone that is there and hes saying 25 dead and many pple hurt. It is total devestation for all that is there including all the families and us sledders that are not there. Our thoughts and prayers are with them all. People are sopposedly still sitting at the hill pondering what just happened. Terribly sad!!!!

Chern889

Reaction score

Three friends of mine where up there, they made it out okay, said it was a mess.....

booster

Reaction score

If threre is a trust set up for the families please let us know we are a small family lets all do what we can in this difficult time

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score

Talked to someone that is there and hes saying 25 dead and many pple hurt. It is total devestation for all that is there including all the families and us sledders that are not there. Our thoughts and prayers are with them all. People are sopposedly still sitting at the hill pondering what just happened. Terribly sad!!!!

I HOPE/PRAY/WISH this is wrong

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score

Thoughts and Prayers from Mexico....gald I am here but sad not there to lend support. Godspeed sledders
RS

cat1

Reaction score

I hope this is not the case but maybe we can all learn more on the 11:30 news.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thoughts go out to all, there is obviously no way to have this turn out good but lets all hope it goes as well as can be. Condolences to families who have lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom