Not open for further replies.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Re: Big Iron Slide @ Turbo March 13,2010

Just spoke with Global News Edmonton about the 200 possible burred before they air there story.

Otherwise im sure the numbers will be up and down for a day or so. I would like to give a pat on the back to all the people that are involved in this rescue event.

And other notes to the media: Please refrain from Private Messaging members that were involved in this, thankyou.

stalefish_132

Reaction score

it still doesnt seem real, me and my 2 buddies had just pulled into turbo and we looking for a group that we were going to meet up with. i heard some screams and saw some avy bags being deployed, i turned around and saw a cloud of snow dust, i pinned it for a goup of trees, just made it out of the slide path by about 10 ft, a guy behind me got caught in the slide and i think the sled rolled over him, he got out tho, 20 ft away a guy got his neck broke. my guess would be about 150-200 sleds sitting at the bottom of the hill. i cant even explain what it was like, it was sickening. i'm still shaking.

i wish this all was a dream, sadly its not. i know my sledding season is done.

RIP those that didnt make it

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

don;t wana pi$$ off peeps but is was dumb to hold the event in conditions where $hit's sliding if you look at it funny......new this was going to happen...called it this morning....hey maierch....hope for best.

sincerly Carbon Mark

Congrats. Nice time to bring it up.:nono:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score

I would like to say one thing to all the people who were there today.......

You are all special and heros...

I know it was very confusing and demanding... Everyone of us did what we could and managed....

I know some of you are very upset right now as am I..

We can only forge ahead from this and become stronger.

Once again Special thank you to each and every one of you who shared in this experiance that not one of us wanted to be involved in....

MY PRAYERS AND TEARS!!!!

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

it still doesnt seem real, me and my 2 buddies had just pulled into turbo and we looking for a group that we were going to meet up with. I heard some screams and saw some avy bags being deployed, i turned around and saw a cloud of snow dust, i pinned it for a goup of trees, just made it out of the slide path by about 10 ft, a guy behind me got caught in the slide and i think the sled rolled over him, he got out tho, 20 ft away a guy got his neck broke. My guess would be about 150-200 sleds sitting at the bottom of the hill. I cant even explain what it was like, it was sickening. I'm still shaking.

I wish this all was a dream, sadly its not. I know my sledding season is done.

Rip those that didnt make it

my gawd!!

Last edited:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am hearing tomorrow is going to be a brutal day. The numbers are reportedly much much higher than what is offically being said.

powderhounds

Reaction score

Wow this is horrible. My hearts go out to those who have lost and who are still waiting to hear from loved ones.

I knew some friends were there, and for the fifteen minutes it took to find out they are ok, I had a huge lump in my throat. Can't be easy for anyone.

Special thanks to all those that are helping in any capacity to help, find,treat, and comfort all involved.

just texted a friend who was at Revy, checking to see if he would call me back. my heart jumped when he replied and said he was riding at Frisbee. He mentioned a few people are missing who are staying at the hotel. PLEASE PRAY.

booster

Reaction score

lets hope and pray for the best , all you guys and girls that were there and helped and are still helping are our HEROS!!1

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca

Wow...Just came in the house from a day of sledding at CNP...

This is not the kind of news I was looking to hear about tonight...

My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved in both the tragedy and the rescue efforts.

I am sick about it, the more I read, the more I cannot fathom what today has been for some!

xpsledneck

Reaction score

prayers and thoughts are with every one involved in this tragic incident.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

hopes and prayers to everyone. and a thanks to everyone helping and willing to help.

carguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just heard about 30 minutes ago, read an email sent to me and just finished reading posts from here and SnoWest.

Having been there many times I can imagine just how tight it was at the base of Turbo. I feel sick right now for all those who were involved. Wish I could help out somehow.

My thoughts & prayers for those on the hill today, those who made it out, those lost and for the families left to grieve. I share in this grief.

stalefish_132

Reaction score

under the circumstances and the panic, many ppl were saved within the first few minutes and treated to. with the size and number of ppl involved in the slide it made it hard but we did what we could guys. a sad end to a what was a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom