Best Muff pot meal!!!

RMK Rider

Reaction score
a friend of mine made just a regular steak seasoned with montreal steak spice and a chunk of chedder cheese the first time I went to the mountains and that was the best meal I've had. used to buy the breakfast steak at the hotel now i just buy strip loin steaks and season them my self and always krafts old chedder and a beer goes pretty good for lunch.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
a friend of mine made just a regular steak seasoned with montreal steak spice and a chunk of chedder cheese the first time I went to the mountains and that was the best meal I've had. used to buy the breakfast steak at the hotel now i just buy strip loin steaks and season them my self and always krafts old chedder and a beer goes pretty good for lunch.

That sounds great! I want a HotPot on my new sled....:rant:

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not quite following this; sounds like you're putting the cheese right on the raw meat :confused: I'm going to try this next weekend but think I'll sear the steak on both sides to seal it before loading the MPot. Probably try veggies in foil to go with..

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Not quite following this; sounds like you're putting the cheese right on the raw meat :confused: I'm going to try this next weekend but think I'll sear the steak on both sides to seal it before loading the MPot. Probably try veggies in foil to go with..

How about cube the steak into bite sized pieces, spice with favorites, sear in frying pan, wrap in parchment paper, add cheese, more spice, and veggies....about 20 minutes at WOT....

You ask, why parchment paper? The cheese doesn't stick to it and nothing turns black!

RMK Rider

Reaction score
once you cook the steak in the muff pot cut it up then cut up the cheese and put it on cold i guess i should have been a little more clear sorry and we use to sear the steak before to but have found out it works just as good doing them raw which makes it easier when your in a motel room hope this better explains

RMQ-turtle

Reaction score
a couple weeks ago I made meat loaf with cheese on it at home and just reheated it in the muff pot in an oven bag. Best thing ever. We put it on buns and it was like having a hot hamburger on the hill.

DSC02169.jpg

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I've gone away from the parchment paper now and use the same containers that Chinese food comes in. Allows me to premake meals and freeze them ready to go at a moments notice.
The first pic is left over Elk Roast with garlic mashed potatoes and gravy. Doesn't look stellar but man was it good.
The second one is actually Chinese food, I think that was ginger beef over a bed of rice.
Nice thing is that there is no mess after either just remove from pot and discard. :beer::d:beer:

Attachments

• sled 017.jpg
    sled 017.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 390
  • Blue River 2010 022.jpg
    Blue River 2010 022.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 383

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I've gone away from the parchment paper now and use the same containers that Chinese food comes in. Allows me to premake meals and freeze them ready to go at a moments notice.
The first pic is left over Elk Roast with garlic mashed potatoes and gravy. Doesn't look stellar but man was it good.
The second one is actually Chinese food, I think that was ginger beef over a bed of rice.
Nice thing is that there is no mess after either just remove from pot and discard. :beer::d:beer:

Yes, I agree! I have been doing the same lately. Yesterday, I had left over beef stroganoff in one of those containers. The only problem was that it leaked prior to putting it in the HopPot. However, that's an easy fix with a zip lock bag. For the second course, I had left over sea food crepe's smoothered in cheese that were great and those were in those containers, also.

I think I will still use the parchment, just not all the time.

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had left over sea food crepe's smoothered in cheese that were great and those were in those containers, also.

I think I will still use the parchment, just not all the time.
I tired Chili in those foil containers and it leaked all over the pipes. I ordered the Snacker Packers online and they mailed them to me. I've done Chili and Hungarian goulash in them and never had a leak at all. No need for parchment paper. They are GREAT!!! They are like the Turkey roasting bags only made to fit your Muff pot. Welcome To Snackerpackers - if you're interested.

mxracer328

Reaction score
made my first muff pot meal on the weekend, just did taquitos. next time will have a little more though put into it.

mxracer328

Reaction score
What is better for a xp the hotdog or the muff pot ?

i got the hot pot, they are all the same i think, mounted it where the pipe goes into the can. fits good, gets nice and hot, and lots of room to open and fill it.

tonykunz

Reaction score
I wonder if it's better to mount it on a 488cc or a 700 RMK. I figure the 500 is usually always WOT because it's slow, but I'd assume the 700 gets hotter faster. What do you think?

sledbunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you freaking kidding me? My mind is about to explode: WHY, oh WHY would you do all this and not even go sledding??? You are nutz, with a capital "N"... Also, you are making the rest of us women look bad, so cut the cutie-pie wifey routine by at least half, ok? Just to level the playing field???

GAWRSH... delete this thread before my hubby sees it :nono:

Sorry Sledmamma but I do have a new sled, have gone with the guys a few times but unfortunately my multiple sclerosis has progressed and I am unable to ride, so instead of sitting at home all by myself I choose to tag along with them and looking after them gives me something do while they are out sledding. So by no means am I trying to make any other women look bad, hey if I could ride I would be right there beside them. This way I get out of the house, and take out for dinner.. So I hate to say it but I am not nuts with a capital N :eek:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Sledmamma but I do have a new sled, have gone with the guys a few times but unfortunately my multiple sclerosis has progressed and I am unable to ride, so instead of sitting at home all by myself I choose to tag along with them and looking after them gives me something do while they are out sledding. So by no means am I trying to make any other women look bad, hey if I could ride I would be right there beside them. This way I get out of the house, and take out for dinner.. So I hate to say it but I am not nuts with a capital N :eek:

I was 80% kidding... Just don't want my Hubby getting crazy ideas!! Look how fast imdoo'n jumped all over it??

And, I certainly didn't know that your MS was a big factor in your decision... apologies all over the place for my imprudence :(. My dad has muscular dystrophy and I know it is so hard on him to watch us doing all the things he used to love to do himself... I give you kudos for doing what you can to enjoy and be part of it too.

sledbunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was 80% kidding... Just don't want my Hubby getting crazy ideas!! Look how fast imdoo'n jumped all over it??

And, I certainly didn't know that your MS was a big factor in your decision... apologies all over the place for my imprudence :(. My dad has muscular dystrophy and I know it is so hard on him to watch us doing all the things he used to love to do himself... I give you kudos for doing what you can to enjoy and be part of it too.

I owe u an apology as well, I'm sorry :(. Just really cranky and tired today. One day we can meet in the parking lot I'll pour u a drink and well have a few laughs..:d:beer:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I owe u an apology as well, I'm sorry :(. Just really cranky and tired today. One day we can meet in the parking lot I'll pour u a drink and well have a few laughs..:d:beer:

Or one day I will stay behind and cook with you and wait for the boys :)

Top Bottom