Best Muff pot meal!!!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh don't do that u might as well enjoy the hills while u can, I was fine up until a few years ago then things went down hill.. Enjoy sports while u can!:d

Well... Don't tell my husband, but I do actually enjoy cooking, so it wouldn't be a sacrifice to hang out and share some laughs and a bevvy!!

Isnt it true that we should enjoy sports while we can? Both of my parents were diagnosed with extremely rare diseases in mid-life that have taken away many of their physical abilities without any warning signs or predisposition. It makes me acutely aware that it could happen to me at any time.

Every time I run, play hockey, sled with my Hubby, quad in the mud, fight a salmon in a stream, play with my children, etc., etc., I am always thankful that my body moves when and how I tell it to. Even when sports hurt or I feel fear, I am motivated by the fact that I should not waste my opportunities, bcz they may not always be mine. What would my parents say if they knew I squandered it?? It's a pretty emotional subject for me, I must admit.

Anyway...that's enuf of that. I digress! Looking forward to sharing recipes and getting to know you someday soon!!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I owe u an apology as well, I'm sorry :(. Just really cranky and tired today. One day we can meet in the parking lot I'll pour u a drink and well have a few laughs..:d:beer:

If I happen to be standing beside you again there might be a chance I have an empty cup in my hand as well!! :d:rolleyes: would I get a drink too??

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I happen to be standing beside you again there might be a chance I have an empty cup in my hand as well!! :d:rolleyes: would I get a drink too??

Funny?!? I've seen you emptying a cup plenty of times... but never with an empty cup???? It's like magic or some chit!

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it's better to mount it on a 488cc or a 700 RMK. I figure the 500 is usually always WOT because it's slow, but I'd assume the 700 gets hotter faster. What do you think?

Put on Both.

Ham + chunks of pineapple + little bit of brown sugar = Delicious.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's it, I'm going to the sled shop at lunch and getting a muffpot. Cold sandwiches are so 90's.

funinsno

Reaction score
Our group has been using some form of "muff pots" for over 25 years and with the convience of the newer styles it has made it that much easier. Now not only do we discuss where and when we are riding, menu selection gets in on the conversation With 5-10 cookers avalible the food selection is unbeliveable!

In the picture we have:
Stuffed chicken brest with herb and garlic saue
Sweet and sour chicken on a bed of rice ( sauce is added when you stop)
Ginger beef on a bed of chow mein (cooked beef down then add sauce)

On this ride we had Jumbo tiger prawns in garlic butter and dry ribs for happy hour back at the truck before loading!
made for a cheep supper back in town thats for sure!

Attachments

• Summer08 pics 450 (Small).jpg
    Summer08 pics 450 (Small).jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 483

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
(from the first page) don't know if i'd want my wife to do that for me. i'd rather her come up the hill and ride with the crew!! :confused:

most i've done in the pot is borritos, pizza, and or pizza pops. ew

Last edited:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of course, I'm a great bartender:d:beer:

Ok the last one did it for me.

To Mr Sledbunny you are one lucky SOB. Here is life for most of the bunches I ride with wives pizzed cause your out risking your life cause of the media azz clown spree on sledders over the last couple years. If thats a pic of Mrs Sledbunny on the avitar I hate you.LOL:beer::d

hondalrd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those are the package they are foil to go packs complete with lid like a takeout package from a chinese food resteraunt they fit perfectly in your muff pot!!! You put anything in them apple crisp, lasagna, swiss steak with rice and veggies, beans and sausage, perogies!! The list goes on and on!!!!!! And almost zero mess in your muff pot!!!!!!!!! You can buy them at the grocery store for about 3$ for 10:beer::beer::beer:

what are they exactly called?

Little Buddy

Reaction score
What do you mean you don't get supper??? Hard to believe. Take your wife with you. I go with all the guys. I go out to the hill's parking lot with them. I give them their food and drinks and send them on their merry way. I take the truck and trailer back to the hotel. Then I usually go to the liquor store etc. Then about 3:30 pm I go back to the parking lot. I have the trailer door opened for them. I sit in the truck and listen to music. This way when they are done sledding they just have to drive into the trailer. I have an assortment of beverages and hot food (usually pizza) or I make them sandwiches. They can sit around and have a snack and a few drinks in the parking lot afterwards. Then I drive them back to the hotel. All I ask is the one night while we are wherever we are sledding that they take me out for one nice supper. I don't think that is too much to ask since usually I am the one getting drinks for them while they are in the hot tub at the hotel.

Cheers!

Maybe we will run into each other sometime this winter!!!

I LOVE you!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bringing the thread BACK!

This weekend I am going to be making a bunch of muff pot meals for my bf. So I asked ferniesnow where the heck this thread was. Here is what I plan on making with the 40 containers I have

- ham and scalloped potatoes (ham diced into the potatoes so you won't need a knife)
- shepards pie with peppercorn sauce and roasted garlic potatoes
- baby back ribs
- apple crisp
- pasta san miguel, or at least my version of it I took from the chef at Jullio's Barrio

:D Super pumped. I don't even have a muff pot but figured I'd make all his friends jealous, lol.

I'll throw up pics this weekend.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chit rowdy.

I wish my other 1/2 came out and made me dinner trail side.

Lucky s.o.b.

:D

sent from my htc

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chit rowdy.

I wish my other 1/2 came out and made me dinner trail side.

Lucky s.o.b.

:D

sent from my htc

I LOVE cooking so I'm actually pretty pumped to do this. I was going to do a jalapeno mac and cheese and a lobster mac and cheese too but I don't want to make TOO much, lol. Not sure how well this stuff will freeze in the aluminum containers...

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I LOVE cooking so I'm actually pretty pumped to do this. I was going to do a jalapeno mac and cheese and a lobster mac and cheese too but I don't want to make TOO much, lol. Not sure how well this stuff will freeze in the aluminum containers...

time to put a muffpot on your own sled there Rowdy.... or open a business selling these premade muff pot meals!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
time to put a muffpot on your own sled there Rowdy.... or open a business selling these premade muff pot meals!

Sadly my favorite meal is the lunchables on the hill. Perfect size. I'm usually just effn thirsty. But selling them...hrmmmm....

Top Bottom