Bent Pipe...?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok SO..we had a bit of a head on collision this past weekend at the DirtBetties photoshoot, obviously no damage was done to the quad that smoked me but my poor KTM got a bent pipe..seems pretty minor however the pipe is now touching the rad hose..as the pipe was pushed back slightly. My mechanic is coming by to check it out, and hopefully fix it quick and easy.. but before he does so I'm just curious what some of you think the damage might be? Can I ride it the way it is with the pipe rubbing on the hose?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you put a 2x4 or pipe behind it and pull it out a little to get some clearance. pics may help with getting info. man you gals are hard on equipment and a photo shoot at that. what's up with that?

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok SO..we had a bit of a head on collision this past weekend at the DirtBetties photoshoot, obviously no damage was done to the quad that smoked me but my poor KTM got a bent pipe..seems pretty minor however the pipe is now touching the rad hose..as the pipe was pushed back slightly. My mechanic is coming by to check it out, and hopefully fix it quick and easy.. but before he does so I'm just curious what some of you think the damage might be? Can I ride it the way it is with the pipe rubbing on the hose?

I would take your pipe off and bent it back. if its dented its a easy fix. just cap one end, fill it with water than cap the other. then all you do is put it in the deep freez and wait. the water will push the dents out. if there is no dents and its bent bend out your support hanger or throw some washers behind it. if its hiting the rad hoes I wouldnt worrie about it too much. on my CR 125 it was touching, all I did was put some tin foil in the middle.

yamaha125cc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont no to much but i think the only problem would be if the rad hose melted. I suggest to but some tin foil around it so it dosent melt. Just for a quick fix if u want to go riding befor your mechainc comes.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think i'll be alright, he's coming by in a bit.. we'll see what he says but ya its pretty minor, it really just needs to be bent back into place. The dents are minor, not even worth fixing those up .

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol I got smoked by a quad.. I was coming up a hill and she was at the top rippin by and it was pretty much a head-on, it surprsing that the pipe is bent more then it is dented, but meh.. we'll get er fixed up.

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would take your pipe off and bent it back. if its dented its a easy fix. just cap one end, fill it with water than cap the other. then all you do is put it in the deep freez and wait. the water will push the dents out. if there is no dents and its bent bend out your support hanger or throw some washers behind it. if its hiting the rad hoes I wouldnt worrie about it too much. on my CR 125 it was touching, all I did was put some tin foil in the middle.

Or you could go to Toys "R" Us and pick up a pipe for that wee bicycle....

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
If they get bent, it's usually in the neck and they can be pulled back out a bit. Easiest way is to pull the pipe off and insert a bar so you can pull it back the other way. I'm sure your bud will get you fixed up in a jiffy. Next time, ride over the quad and leave tracks. :d

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He pulled it off lastnight and took it home, hopefully he can fix but I guess it's pretty bad lol, its flattened like a pancake just before it goes into the motor. He thinks I should be lookin into gettin a new one either way, but he might be able to make this one work for now until I find a new one.. boo :( There goes $300...

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he might be able to make this one work for now until I find a new one.. boo :( There goes $300...

well, it may not be as expensive for a new one as you think.

im ordering a new silencer form the states. we split shipping costs and you get this new pipe for A LOT cheaper than getting it from riverside.

riverside says an FMF fatty pipe is $280

if we order it online from the states, we are lookin at $200 plus shipping. BIG savings. it's like $15 each for the shipping. gets here in a week. same as ordering from riverside.

Canadian shops are going to have to bring soem of their HUGE prices down on parts to keep us from running south. The canadian dollar is too good.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, if you can find me a pipe for a 06' 105 then i'm in.. i've been lookin around online and can't find anything..i'm also looking for plastics..

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Ask him if a 250 2T pipe will fit cause I just pulled a brand new stocker off my bike and was going to sell it. Might be a good deal for you if it fits?

Just watch your shipping from anyhting stateside. If they use UPS you'll get tagged for GST, duty, and a brokerage fee for importing it for you. If shipping from the US, be sure to request US Postal Air Service and then you won't get the broker fee tacked on.

You can also order online through blackfootdirect.com and get a decent priced landed here as this is what I just did. I also have a buddy that's a Parts Canada dealer and he can get most parts for me wholesale. He's actually ordering in a plastics set and turbine core muffler for me right now.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ask him if a 250 2T pipe will fit cause I just pulled a brand new stocker off my bike and was going to sell it. Might be a good deal for you if it fits?

Just watch your shipping from anyhting stateside. If they use UPS you'll get tagged for GST, duty, and a brokerage fee for importing it for you. If shipping from the US, be sure to request US Postal Air Service and then you won't get the broker fee tacked on.

You can also order online through blackfootdirect.com and get a decent priced landed here as this is what I just did. I also have a buddy that's a Parts Canada dealer and he can get most parts for me wholesale. He's actually ordering in a plastics set and turbine core muffler for me right now.

Riverside can get me one next week for $275..FMF Fatty..so far cant' find anything online for that bike, the only one I found so far was $240...

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riverside can get me one next week for $275..FMF Fatty..so far cant' find anything online for that bike, the only one I found so far was $240...

If you ride mostly bush you'll want the Gnarly. The fatty is good to increase lower end power, but the Gnarly is built with thicker gauge metal so it's harder to dent/bend.

KTM pipes are tinfoil.

GasCan, how much were you wanting for the pipe? (it won't fit her 105)

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah definitely not lol, a 250 pipe wraps all the way around, where as mine is only on the one side of the bike..

I just dont want to spend an arm and a leg on a pipe, those Gnarly ones are more $$$ ?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the scene of the accident..

You can kinda see where the pipe is dented/bent.. well behind there its pretty flattened and its also sitting right against my rad hose.. or.."was". my bike is pipeless right now..hopefully being fixed or rigged up to at least get a couple rides as I type.. until I get a new one

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that accident actually happened at the beginning of the day and I rode it like that all day.. didnt seem to hurt anything but who knows right

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And see all that bush and branches?? Yeah... that was a real nice comfy soft landing when I went over the handle bars...

Top Bottom