Belts

TGS

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering what everyone is using for belts on their sleds. I've been looking at the Dayco XTX , the Dayco HPX , Carlisle XS or the Carlisle Pro. Anyone used any of these? Is there another brand is should be looking at?

I plan on putting it on 2008 RMK700

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Factory belts are all myself and ALL the guys we ride with run anymore. I think the factory belts are worth paying a bit more $$$ for. :beer:

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spend the money and get the polaris 115 belt.Tough as nails I just swapped mine out after 3 seasons on my D800.Old one is still good for a backup

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been running the same Dayco belt on one sled for 3 seasons.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had no luck with the Dayco belts on any machine I have ever owned. I will only run a manufacturers belt now

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used the Carlisle XS belt, it blew apart after less than 300km. It separated at the cord level for about 8 inches. I emailed Carlisle and the guy told me that I must have gotten a 'bad belt' and he was going to ship me a new one for free. That was before christmas, and still no belt. Think I'll stick with BRP, even though its more $$.
my .02

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran the Carlisle xs on my summit the past two seasons and needed a new belt this season, dealers around here never had any in stock and i needed one for that weekend so i went with a brp belt and all i can say is its worth the extra $

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like I am in the minority for running Dayco.... LOL lucky I guess? :D

rtk

Reaction score
I read in the Dec 2010 snowtech (pge 62) that Goodyear has developed a new carbon fiber drive belt to be sold at a reasonable price. Goodyear lists Gregg Distributors as a retailer, but they told me they don't carry snowmobile belts. I am going to e-mail Goodyear and see if I can find a supplier in my area.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have dayco on the kids sleds, a 340, and a 503 rotax, seem to last ok. I thought I would try one on my 800.........mistake...........totaly blew apart in 200k........never again

NIDAHOBOONDOCKER

Reaction score
I think alot of this depends on how much HP you have. The 115 belt for the Polaris will last a long time under hot conditions. I personally am trying the Gates Extreme on my 600, so far so good with 540 miles but you can tell the difference when it gets hot...for the most part I would stick to OE belts for newer sleds unless you just trail ride all day long.

Last edited:

TGS

Reaction score
ok thanks for the input fellas. the polaris 115 belt is that the cost of the belt or the series?

NIDAHOBOONDOCKER

Reaction score
ok thanks for the input fellas. the polaris 115 belt is that the cost of the belt or the series?

It is just the last three number of 3211115. It is harder than the 3211080. About 175.00 vs 125.00.....but its been a while. I don't have the Polaris belt chart handy but I bet someone does :)

Top Bottom