C3 belt drive questions

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not fake news.
I have one and i can tell you from experience, the throttle response is hugely improved.
Belt drive's are way more efficient than chain drives, less rotating mass is huegly more efficent.
If you could make a chain drive have the same rotating mass as a belt drive you may have an argument but since that's not possible drive for drive there is no argument.
Way easier to fix a broken belt than a broken chain or tensioner on the hill as well.
Makes sense to me, the weight loss, less maintenance and knowing that if I tag a rock my day/trip might not be over is enough for me to make the switch. I changed a bunch of stuff on my sidewinder this offseason so I will be running the stock chain case the first trip and then installing the belt drive after that so I can see the performance difference. I will let you guys know what I think.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you're mainly looking for performance gains, i'd say do some more research as it's a lot of coin for something that many on the various forums have said yielded no gains or they just couldn't tell. chains almost never break i've never seen or heard of it happening. i'm not against belt drives and i was seriously considering putting a tki drive on my '20 freeride but after doing the research, i realized it was a waste of money for me or it would be one of the last mods to do plus if they were that great performance-wise, we'd all have them. in the end i put RPM Composites' protectors on my chain and brake case and spent 40 bucks on a new top gear (from 21 to 19 teeth) which did yield a very noticeable acceleration increase.

Top Bottom