Looking at 2010 assult

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at buying this sled. It has the fix kit done recently and slp pipe and can. Are these engines reliable after the fix kit? It has 2500 miles on it 500 miles since the fix kit was put in. Any input is appreciated. I know it’s a used machine I just wondered If these are one to stay away from. I’ve heard things about the 800 but heard the fix kit solves it.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at buying this sled. It has the fix kit done recently and slp pipe and can. Are these engines reliable after the fix kit? It has 2500 miles on it 500 miles since the fix kit was put in. Any input is appreciated. I know it’s a used machine I just wondered If these are one to stay away from. I’ve heard things about the 800 but heard the fix kit solves it.
First question would be how much is it for sale for?

Second question would be has it been rebuilt at all or was the fix kit the first time it's been opened up?

I'm a big fan of that engine but I also know what I'm getting myself into when looking at the polaris 800's. If it's a great deal, under $2500 I would Risk it knowing I'm probably going to spend $3500 with in a year and only be able to get that back out. I have a 08 dragon that's never been touched except the mid range bog issue they had at first, 4300 miles but it is showing signs it's ready, any back fire on start up or shut down is a good sign the fuse has been lit on that bomb.

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Imo it also depends on what brand of fix kit, I know I will get some flack but i am not a fan of wiseco pistons or any forged aluminum piston some kits run the cast style pistons that the factories use (cat, doo, polaris)

drew17

Reaction score
Stay away lol. For that age go with a cat ( I hate cats) but bullet proof engine. The ptek was a great engine too on the skidoo. My iq was an endless supply of disappointment lol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that is the worst sled i've ever had u couldn't pay me to ride one again

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the honest opinions guys. I’ve heard and read a lot of the same. Some guys got lots of miles no problem love it. Some guys can’t get 3 rides and hate them. I looked the sled over plastic is in good shape no cracks track has no missing lugs had it on its side no noticeable Dents or cracks. Has the mtnk fix kit. He thinks they are wiesco pistons but can’t remember for sure. Has slp pipe and can but no clutch changes. $4200 is his asking price. I like the 146 as I do some trail rides and some mountain riding thought it might be good for both. I’m not sure if it’s a good idea or not. Read back through this thread and seem to be a lot of issues with this year and model.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At 4200 I wouldn't run away. Just know it's not a lake racer and those engines like to be worked not ran. They were a good sled and 146 is versatile.

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for something around that age I would look a couple years newer at the pro chassis.
Fix kit and turn up the oil pump and had good luck with mine and the chassis is a lot better imo.
When I had mine I went with forged wiseco pistons but I was told to make sure to let the sled warm up before just taking off. The metals warm up at different rates and can cause a cold lock

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I’m on a budget I’d love to get something newer but just don’t want to finance a sled. I’ve found a couple more one with 963 miles 200 on fix kit it’s an assult it has a power command box not sure what that’s about asking 4k. Also a Drogon 163 with 1080 miles he’s the original owner mostly rode around the farm. No fix kit completely stock with electric start. He snow checked it asking 5300.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all the sleds you mention are 2500 dollar sleds at best. these are overpriced because of the lack of availability. hang tough with your money and something more suitable will come along. my opinion.

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shitty part right now is there is still a shortage of sleds right through the market so a tough time to find a fair deal on something let alone a good deal.

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the 700 motors more reliable than the 800. Seen a few dragon 700 with decently low km I would consider as well.

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a 700 dragon 155. 1700 miles on the chassis but a complete new engine from crank up including new injectors. New intake boots new sliders and carbides. Clutches serviced. Replaced the walker evans with coil over spi. Very good shape. $4k for it. His receipt from the dealer was 5500. Feel pretty confident it should be reliable for a few years.

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got out for a ride on the new to me sled. It still has the sway bat in it and I found it not real easy to sidehill. Did you guys remove them on your Dragons?

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broke mine thanks to the shitty air shocks put on coil overs and still have the replacement sway bar on the shelf might put it on do more trail riding now than deep powder

Top Bottom