Belt deflection?

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed the RK TEK secondary clutch and they say they recommend a 1" deflection with slight pressure, what does that mean?? Where do i measure from? A brand new belt sits 3/32 above the sheaves right now. Its a 2008 M8.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed the RK TEK secondary clutch and they say they recommend a 1" deflection with slight pressure, what does that mean?? Where do i measure from? A brand new belt sits 3/32 above the sheaves right now. Its a 2008 M8.

The way that i set belt deflection is make sure tha the sec clutch is closed as much as it will then grab the belt at the primary clutch center.. Grab it on the top and bottom and make sure that there is just a hair of play on the primary clutch.. You want it to be as snug as possible without it dragging at all or the sled will want to creep at idle. Hope it helps..

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The way that i set belt deflection is make sure tha the sec clutch is closed as much as it will then grab the belt at the primary clutch center.. Grab it on the top and bottom and make sure that there is just a hair of play on the primary clutch.. You want it to be as snug as possible without it dragging at all or the sled will want to creep at idle. Hope it helps..

Yah that helps, thank you!

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 1 inch deflection they recommend is achieved by placing a straight edge across the belt from the driven to drive...in between the the driven and drive press down on the belt....the gap between the belt and straight edge should be 1 inch.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always set my deflection so I can turn the track a couple of full rotations by grabbing a lug and giving it a gentle pull with the sled idling on the track stand. I start with the track a bit too tight, so it is free spinning at idle, then adjust the secondary until I get the belt sitting where I want it.

Top Bottom