Bearing behind top belt drive sprocket

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Johnny just told me that his dealer was just informed from Polaris that the torque for the upper quickdrive pulley bolt has been increased from 30 to 45 ft/lb

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure I would torque the bottom bolt too much, a guy we ride with every now and then, his bottom bolt broke and the bottom pully fell off.......

Chicken or the egg? What I mean is did the bolt back out and then the pulley work off and pull on the bolt sideways to break it off or did the bolt head break off and then the pullley fall off?

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Chicken or the egg? What I mean is did the bolt back out and then the pulley work off and pull on the bolt sideways to break it off or did the bolt head break off and then the pullley fall off?

Bolt head broke off, piece was stuck in the shaft, then the pulley worked its way off..... We had to put pully back on, ease the belt back on and hope to get it back to the truck.... pully fell off 4 more times before we covered the 50 km's back to the truck but at least it got back.

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checked my upper pulley bolt last night and it was loose. Red lock tite and 45ft/lbs was my fix. Heading to Blue River Wednesday. I will let you know if it fails.

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another one down here. riding partner approx 800 km. Noticed loose belt. checked top drive and has lots of movement. 3 weeks for new parts??? Needs shaft, bearing, and top drive gear.

96sherm

Reaction score
can anyone tell me, does the upper and lower bearing cross with industry standard bearing #6205? That is the bearing used in the 2011-12 models. I'm trying to see if I can retrofit and improve the factory system to put on my 2011 Assault Rmk...

bogeyfresh

Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue?I started hearing the jingling noise on my 155 Pro about 50 miles ago,when I drag the brake the noise goes away.No noticeable movement in the upper pulley but the belt seems a little looser.No issues with the sled in 600 miles.Going to take it apart to inspect more closely.

Check it out, mine did the same thing very hard too notice but I pulled everything apart sure the bearing spun on the shaft lucky I caught mine quick very little movement but enough that i pulled it apart

bogeyfresh

Reaction score
I just brought the shaft to the dealer, they took pictures and will send to polaris. I'm assuming this will be covered under warranty only 450 miles on the sled, The bearing looks fine to me but the shaft had enough wear on it.

I rode the sled once and noticed the noise, do you think replacing the belt is necessary? I also noticed the top pulley bolt was loose too

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good thing for all guys to rip apart on their '13s for a check before warranty is up

Thanks

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check it out, mine did the same thing very hard too notice but I pulled everything apart sure the bearing spun on the shaft lucky I caught mine quick very little movement but enough that i pulled it apart
Shaft was worn about 1/8'in bearing was still intact.

I just brought the shaft to the dealer, they took pictures and will send to polaris. I'm assuming this will be covered under warranty only 450 miles on the sled, The bearing looks fine to me but the shaft had enough wear on it.

I rode the sled once and noticed the noise, do you think replacing the belt is necessary? I also noticed the top pulley bolt was loose too
Replaced jackshaft with bearings,new top gear and bolts belt looked like new.Road the piss outa it yesterday no problems and had less vibration too.
All repairs are warranty as it is a service bulletin for all Pro RMK's.

Top Bottom