BC and deleted truck

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As has been said on this thread, it wouldn't be too big an issue if there weren't those who like to roll coal during rush hour just to demonstrate they are a douche bag. Having said that, in the right spot it is kind of neat. Check out the guy in the Peterbilt warming his tires up before a run. These guy out-drag corvettes in their big rigs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPTDlNmValk

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leave it to the white oakley jacked up truck superheroes to ruin it for everyone. I work on construction equipment for a living and I see it day in and day out, emissions systems failing or working improperly. It ends up costing the customer downtime, pissing them off and cursing us dealers out and costing the manufacturer a fortune in warranty. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for cleaner air but the way the EPA has forced every engine manufacturer to go about doing it, is ludicrous.

What irks me is that they'll go after joe blow in his pickup but heaven forbid they crack down on mining equipment. Ever see a 100 ton or bigger haul truck fire up when its cold out? It makes the douchenozzles rolling coal look like they're smoking cigarettes...

I like my cummins in my truck but I might be dumping it this year and going to a gasser if I feel like a drug mule driving it.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leave it to the white oakley jacked up truck superheroes to ruin it for everyone. I work on construction equipment for a living and I see it day in and day out, emissions systems failing or working improperly. It ends up costing the customer downtime, pissing them off and cursing us dealers out and costing the manufacturer a fortune in warranty. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for cleaner air but the way the EPA has forced every engine manufacturer to go about doing it, is ludicrous.

What irks me is that they'll go after joe blow in his pickup but heaven forbid they crack down on mining equipment. Ever see a 100 ton or bigger haul truck fire up when its cold out? It makes the douchenozzles rolling coal look like they're smoking cigarettes...

I like my cummins in my truck but I might be dumping it this year and going to a gasser if I feel like a drug mule driving it.

The White Oakley wearing Coal Rolling Douches are definitely not helping matters any but we can't blame it all on them. We have to Blame some of it on the Leaf lickin' granola crunchers that keep insisting that the best way to handle the emissions issue is with the ludicrous rules they impose on the vehicle manufacturers. Tell me how is a vehicle equipped with DPF, EGR and Urea injection better for the environment when said vehicle burns more fuel and what ever it is that urea contributes to air pollution. I was never any good in chemistry but I did learn that all chemical reactions must balance out. If your "burning more"( chemical reaction) and "adding more into the chemical reaction" (Urea), all you have accomplished is more to balance out. This in itself adds to the overall pollution created. Now add to this equation the fact the if more fuel is burned more fuel needs to be produced. Last I looked refineries emit gobs of pollution from their facilities.
Now the leaf lickers are going to tell us that the EPA has regulations as to how much green house gasses manufacturers are allowed to produce. That may be true but little do they know that this thing that is know as carbon credits is just another way of buying permission to not meet the regulations. This is a subject that I don't even want to get into at this time.

Any way that's my rant.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The White Oakley wearing Coal Rolling Douches are definitely not helping matters any but we can't blame it all on them. We have to Blame some of it on the Leaf lickin' granola crunchers that keep insisting that the best way to handle the emissions issue is with the ludicrous rules they impose on the vehicle manufacturers. Tell me how is a vehicle equipped with DPF, EGR and Urea injection better for the environment when said vehicle burns more fuel and what ever it is that urea contributes to air pollution. I was never any good in chemistry but I did learn that all chemical reactions must balance out. If your "burning more"( chemical reaction) and "adding more into the chemical reaction" (Urea), all you have accomplished is more to balance out. This in itself adds to the overall pollution created. Now add to this equation the fact the if more fuel is burned more fuel needs to be produced. Last I looked refineries emit gobs of pollution from their facilities.
Now the leaf lickers are going to tell us that the EPA has regulations as to how much green house gasses manufacturers are allowed to produce. That may be true but little do they know that this thing that is know as carbon credits is just another way of buying permission to not meet the regulations. This is a subject that I don't even want to get into at this time.

Any way that's my rant.

What I want to know is how much are these credits and how many do I need to drive my deleted cummins on a stock tune?

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like all the emissions stuff. No more stinky exhaust smell and north of 20 mpg on my 2015 Superduty. At 440hp and 860 tq, there is enough power there for anything I want to do. $25 for DEF every 8000km is nothing to pay for the convenience.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Any way that's my rant.
Your right as rain...the greenies squeal and perhaps they should so we have a balance but as it stands your right. It's called window dressing or lipstick on a pig if you will, as a foresty worker I'm seeing this with the tree huggers. The goverment is so sh#t scared to take a stand they formed non visuals cut blocks so the greenies don't know we're logging. Just like keeping the smell and black smoke off the streets with a diffrent chemical.
I guess if they can see it, being black smoke or bare patches in the forest all is good and the world as we know it is a better place. Be easer to just put a bag over there heads but maybe I'm going to far now lol.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well hopefully more guys can chime in if there have been any more cases of being tested happening.

As it is I'm contemplating removing my dual exit exhaust and putting my Mini Maxx in a more inconspicuous spot. Hmmm, I do run a muffler, maybe I should gut my catalytic converter and re install it. Guess I'd still be screwed with a sniffer test.

This is going to hurt a lot of guy's wallets if it becomes more mainstream. So glad I'm in the PS 6.7 though. At least the stock power isn't too bad! Couldn't imagine jumping back into my stock 10' Cummins.

HeavyD111

Reaction score
Diesel guys have to know that there would be crackdowns thanks to the idiots making their truck look like a CN train every tine they drive. Loud exhaust, harleys, etc only some people get choked and complain but everyone I know hates the black pouring out of the DB trucks. It is just so obvious and an easy thing to target. Granolas wbile about a lot of stuff, agreed there, but i peg the new restrictions for diesel trucks squarely on the white oakley crowd..never have i seen guys be such tools in vehicles.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hmmm, interesting thread... Last year had my 2011 deleted and chipped up truck all through bc and never a problem. Even had a safety check of trailer and truck at one check stop, and with talking to the d.o.t. He commented on the deletes. I questioned him on any problems with it and he said no... They were after the heavy smoking rigs, as he himself had a deleted f450 and was enjoying the great mileage he was getting. Also while down through the west and southern states went through an inspection station and they said they can ticket and impound any vehicle with deletes, as its not legal in california(or most states now), but at the same time, they're not looking for the "non-smoking" units, or the vehicles set up to get better fuel mileage etc., they're after the obvious "rolling coal" rigs. Possibly years down the road i might sweat it, but for now i wouldn't be concerned

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree Ric. Been reading this thread with interest as my truck is fully deleted with the lowest level of tint, a level kit, but otherwise stock. Big power but set up for almost no smoke. As I read this thread and thought about it I suspected it's an opportunity for DOT and the cops to send a public service announcement. Particularly to Dbags rolling coal....if you and your ride look like pimps, then you probably just advertised your desire to be pulled over. I believe the police term is "probable cause". Not likely the deleted, stock looking, non smoking truck will be given the double take. Not in the near future anyway.... I hope.

Hmmm, interesting thread... Last year had my 2011 deleted and chipped up truck all through bc and never a problem. Even had a safety check of trailer and truck at one check stop, and with talking to the d.o.t. He commented on the deletes. I questioned him on any problems with it and he said no... They were after the heavy smoking rigs, as he himself had a deleted f450 and was enjoying the great mileage he was getting. Also while down through the west and southern states went through an inspection station and they said they can ticket and impound any vehicle with deletes, as its not legal in california(or most states now), but at the same time, they're not looking for the "non-smoking" units, or the vehicles set up to get better fuel mileage etc., they're after the obvious "rolling coal" rigs. Possibly years down the road i might sweat it, but for now i wouldn't be concerned

Last edited:

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree Ric. Been reading this thread with interest as my truck is fully deleted with the lowest level of tint, a level kit, but otherwise stock. Big power but set up for almost no smoke. As I read this thread and thought about it I suspected it's an opportunity for DOT and the cops to send a public service announcement. Particularly to Dbags rolling coal....if you and your ride look like pimps, then you probably just advertised your desire to be pulled over. I believe the police term is "probable cause". Not likely the deleted, stock looking, non smoking truck will be given the double take. Not in the near future anyway.... I hope.

I sincerely hope this is how it's handled. Why do guys like the coal so much anyways?! I personally wouldn't want to cover all my trailers in soot

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sincerely hope this is how it's handled. Why do guys like the coal so much anyways?! I personally wouldn't want to cover all my trailers in soot
Why do they like coal? Why do they like white oakleys, why do they like monster stickers? Why do they like raised trucks yet never go off road? Because they think its cool and we all know that being cool is all that matters.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

sure hope your right Ric. I'm off to the coast this summer. Sure would hate to have to tow it home.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every one of my buddies run delete kits around here with zero issues.... I agree with Ric as well... Cheers

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While I agree most have not had problems, the fact of the matter is tolerance is waning. I towed my 5th wheel through 13 states and 3 provinces with my deleted 08. No issues, even in the early stages with dirtier tunes. However my 13 tows better (and gets better mpg) stock than my 08 ever did modified. The laws are getting stricter, the DOT and police are getting more knowledgeable. Its not a matter of if, but when, you will find that removal of your federally mandated emissions equipment will cost you.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is on its way here. Legally when I do a CVIP and there is a delete kit on it I am supposed to fail it on the spot. That has always been that way. Anyone doing cvi's on deleted trucks and passing them risk being fined huge as well as losing there license. Same for the shop that is doing it too. That is for 1 ton and up commercial vehicles. It isn't an issue yet for personal vehicles but it is only a few years away I think. BC sounds like they are there and will enforce more and more. It sucks as the systems do clean up the air and run well when they work but far too many issues with the current systems. Keeps me busy though I guess.

CVIP book reads "OEM or equivalent mufflers on the exhaust system". When i got my audit last year on CVIP'S i stood there with the Martin from Trans True with 4 ISX Cummins that we were deleting and said where in the book i'm i breaking the commercial law and he said to me that dpf is the muffler and i asked him then you show me on any line sheet that when the truck is built where they call the dpf a muffler. He looked at me and said "Good point". I just picked up the new CVIP book on Thursday and it still has nothing in there that i could see. Is the law coming absolutely its away for them to make cash.

Top Bottom