Battery powered mowers

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4AEC5D69-CC7F-4936-A7B3-901852D8FB9A.jpeg

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked one up at Lowe’s a few years ago. Perfect for regular urban yard. Plenty of power, folds up out of the way for storage, lightweight, no more carb cleaning, no more oil change or fuel purchase. Charge the battery every second cut. Recommend picking up two batteries. No issues after three years. Not many downsides.

You change oil in a lawn mower? Lol. I’ve had mine for about ten years now. Changed the break in oil out with good Shell rotela 0-40 diesel oil and called it good.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You change oil in a lawn mower? Lol. I’ve had mine for about ten years now. Changed the break in oil out with good Shell rotela 0-40 diesel oil and called it good.
Think there is a Thread about this very thing on the site somewhere. Lol. Can’t believe guys don’t change oil? We have 2 Deere zero turns and they get done every year.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think there is a Thread about this very thing on the site somewhere. Lol. Can’t believe guys don’t change oil? We have 2 Deere zero turns and they get done every year.

$300 dollar push mower is a bit different then a zero turn. I’d change oil in an expensive mower. I like the looks of that Milwaukee mower but dam that’s pricey for something I still have to push!

Crustyolddude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$300 dollar push mower is a bit different then a zero turn. I’d change oil in an expensive mower. I like the looks of that Milwaukee mower but dam that’s pricey for something I still have to push!
My $150.00 push mower Briggs/Stratton special last 25+ years. Change oil every year. Heck I still have old Yamaha XT500 motorcycle from 76 (46 years old). Purrs perfect……change oil annually. Now I am trying battery powered mower. The mower works great for the residential yard.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im with Neil. Those things are way over priced... ear plugs are cheap lol

Last edited:

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Greenworks cordless , does ok but not very powerful to lift wet or grass that is a little too long. I have to mow more often so considering something with more power .

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the 10Ah batteries would be a problem. It would be underpowered. Would their larger batteries fit?

There's a 12 ah version. Maybe the 15ah flexvolt batteries would fit, don't know though.

I don't see there being that much of a difference between the 10 and 12ah batteries though, other than run time.

The only way I could justify ones these mowers (of any brand) was if I had another cordless tool that could use those same big batteries. Otherwise my Honda runs just fine.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There's a 12 ah version. Maybe the 15ah flexvolt batteries would fit, don't know though.

I don't see there being that much of a difference between the 10 and 12ah batteries though, other than run time.

The only way I could justify ones these mowers (of any brand) was if I had another cordless tool that could use those same big batteries. Otherwise my Honda runs just fine.
I think DeWalt has a 20Ah battery system. Don’t know if they are interchangeable though. The Milwaukee mower has an 18Ah battery system.

Crustyolddude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Honda will last a lifetime. Maybe topend refresh. Otherwise good 50+ years.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think DeWalt has a 20Ah battery system. Don’t know if they are interchangeable though. The Milwaukee mower has an 18Ah battery system.

I think you mean Volts.

They are actually both 18 volt though, DeWalt markets 20V Max, which is the absolute max voltage the pack can deliver at full charge under perfect conditions, they are 18volt nominal though, just like Milwaukee.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That mower will run off of 60 V DeWalt batteries guaranteed, almost all of their tools can run both. 60 V flexvolt batteries are the ones that you want, there's no comparison on the market to those

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the Dewalt one last year. Just the regular push version. Runs 2 20v 10ah batteries. All my cordless tools are dewalt so all the batteries are interchangeable. I used the mower batteries in my leaf blower this winter and they worked great. Mower has plenty of power. It runs at a constant speed and senses the load on the motor. If you get into heavier grass you can actually hear the motor speed up. I don't have the biggest yard and with it being dry the grass wasn't the tallest or thickest. But I went all summer without having to charge the batteries. Even mowed the neighbours grass 2 or 3 times when they were out of town. Folds up nice and stores away pretty easy. Can hang on the wall. I would recommend it and best part was it was only a little under $500. Also have the 20v XR edger that works really well too.

Top Bottom