Battery powered mowers

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Geez no doubt, pretty tough to pay double for the millcocky.
might want to compare apples to apples, Dewalt self propelled with 12ah batteries is $999.00 and the Milwaukee has cool LED lights, well worth the $300 bucks extra!

In all seriousness, its the batteries which are out of control. Milwaukee 12ah betteries are around $350.00 a piece now. I used to accumulate my batteries buying package deals where you got an extra battery for free. Dont see much of them sales anymore. Gonna have to check my house insurance and see if my 12 or 14 or whatever I have in Milwaukee batteries have enough coverage.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone running the battery ride ons? Just bought an acreage. Thinking about going battery just for the near zero maintenance aspect. Have enough engines to maintain already. Buddy of mine is a cub cadet dealer. Can get a decent deal on a zero turn.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many years is the battery going to last?

Might be ok, diesel lawn mowers last a long time. Not that much maintenance.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone running the battery ride ons? Just bought an acreage. Thinking about going battery just for the near zero maintenance aspect. Have enough engines to maintain already. Buddy of mine is a cub cadet dealer. Can get a decent deal on a zero turn.

My wife pointed out this one to me, about 7 grand! I would like to see them on the market for a few more years before spending that kind of cash

Attachments

• mower.jpg
    mower.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 73

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get used to them boys. Calgary is talking about cancelling gas powered equipment like leaf blowers, mowers and weed whackers
Well then they may as well do a chit load of hiring to clean those sidewalks, along with every business that pays taxes to the said city. Most sub contractors use gas powered blowers and mowers along with skid steers for clean up no matter what the season. And btw we have 4 seasons here not 1 unless maybe the woke ones think they can control the climate too with all that carbon tax $$ they are collecting lol. SMH

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many years is the battery going to last?

Might be ok, diesel lawn mowers last a long time. Not that much maintenance.
I have to imagine with low usage and proper charging / storage, the batteries will last a long time. I like the instant power / low maintenance aspect primarily. The direct drive motors on the wheels & deck seem like a fantastic approach vs belts and other drive systems. Blast the deck with the air nozzle, pull it inside and plug it in. Seems too easy. Not a lot of real world reviews out there though. Johnny seems to enjoy his tesla though if that's any indication.

Diesel mowers... I didn't even realize that was a thing. Looks like bigger commercial units at a quick glance. Maybe a bit out of my budget unless there's smaller units I'm overlooking.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres our small diesel mower. (Have a big one that goes behind a tractor for ditches and stuff.)

It was about 30g. Might get an oil change in ten years unless it gets traded on a new one at some point.
Even has some LEDs.

Use it to cut about 5 acres.

20220121_102540.jpg

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
My wife pointed out this one to me, about 7 grand! I would like to see them on the market for a few more years before spending that kind of cash
I have to imagine with low usage and proper charging / storage, the batteries will last a long time. I like the instant power / low maintenance aspect primarily. The direct drive motors on the wheels & deck seem like a fantastic approach vs belts and other drive systems. Blast the deck with the air nozzle, pull it inside and plug it in. Seems too easy. Not a lot of real world reviews out there though. Johnny seems to enjoy his tesla though if that's any indication.

Diesel mowers... I didn't even realize that was a thing. Looks like bigger commercial units at a quick glance. Maybe a bit out of my budget unless there's smaller units I'm overlooking.
Dawizman, I would honestly wait, buy a used unit, take Stomin Tom's advise. I have 3 acres and some hills around ditches. I run a commercial deere Ztrak that has awesome HP. It deep grass days where I cant cut due to weather or being super busy I dont have any issues cutting and bagging all my grass even 8" damp/wet, Just crank up the throttle.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read the ez go has a run time of 70mins, didn't see a charge time. At that rate each commercial mower would need 6 sets of batteries and a charge station every day.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dawizman, I would honestly wait, buy a used unit, take Stomin Tom's advise. I have 3 acres and some hills around ditches. I run a commercial deere Ztrak that has awesome HP. It deep grass days where I cant cut due to weather or being super busy I dont have any issues cutting and bagging all my grass even 8" damp/wet, Just crank up the throttle.
It did have some pretty cool LED lights, just saying ..................................

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Calgary turning into the California of Canada....
Didn't you guys know we have a Climate Emergency in Calgary! Well when Dominion Voting machines are used in Calgary and Edmonton funny how you end up with two LIBTARDS mayors in both cities. Nemshi is proud of Gondeck she is 10 time worse than he was. OMG :rolleyes:

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the Milwaukee way overpriced but can use batteries else where I guess, weed wacker, chain saw, tools, etc. would say the build quality is a bit flimsy compared to the 10 year old toro it’s replacing, used it today for spring lawn prep, works great tons of power push a button and go, upside wife had troubles getting the toro going she will be set with this one, I feel less cutting for me, lol.

1650849738420.jpeg

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the Milwaukee way overpriced but can use batteries else where I guess, weed wacker, chain saw, tools, etc. would say the build quality is a bit flimsy compared to the 10 year old toro it’s replacing, used it today for spring lawn prep, works great tons of power push a button and go, upside wife had troubles getting the toro going she will be set with this one, I feel less cutting for me, lol.

View attachment 255855
exactly why I bought the Milwaukee cordess trimmer a few years ago. Wife couldnt start the gas powered trimmer, no excuses for the cordless.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody buy a Stihl battery mower?
Nope, but depending on your yard size i think the 40v would be good. Be careful the batteries are expensive depending on what type they have. The AK,s r pricey the AP's are even more, if you buy Stihl try and stick with the same platform or at least see if they are interchangable i know with my chainsaw you can use both types of battery's not sure on the mower though. Should be able to, but keep that in mind as well Imo.

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have the Toro 60 volt snowblower, mower, and chainsaw, they all work great.

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody buy a Stihl battery mower?

We have had the Stihl for a few years now. It’s very good. Maybe an hour on a battery so maybe need two batteries if you have a large yard (we don’t). We won’t be going back to a gas powered lawn mower anytime soon. Thai is just so convenient for a city size lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the stihl weed wacker and the battery live is average in order to do my whole yard it needs to be charged 2x.. I looked into their lawn mowers and a few other brands and the battery's ae just not their yet. I have a small yard and it would take me 2 batteries to do the whole years and that's when the battery's are fresh what happens in a few years when they start to loose life. Like the comment above batteries have gone through the roof now that they are trying to push so called green power. Just purchased a new gas mower so in 10 years when its dead ill rethink battery power but for now the area you can cut on a single battery is just not their especially for the expense

Top Bottom