Barnes/Elliot/ South Crownest Nov 30th Report

Maclintock

Reaction score
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ok I Amassed this report from friends and personal experience from Sunday/Monday and Today.

Barnes /Elliot : Went up to Elliot thru the willow trail. Lots of Stuckage and rocks apparent when at the back of group ( 5 Riders)
Snow max just under 4 feet in a few areas. Water evident in all creek crossings and you had to go thru it. Mainly 2-3 feet.
Sketchy areas all over in Barnes low Basin. Trail to upper Barnes is a hoot ( Quite rutty/danger boulders) , and looks like lots of stuckage by sledders trying to get up their.Watch out for stumps and Rocks.

South side of valley Crowsnest. Toured the main trails and went off a fewspots.
Very wind blown in areas and rock hard. The pockets of drift snow are apparent, but it will be 3 inches deep then 3 feet.
Not much fun at all.

Crowsnest Pass has had approximately 3 inches of snow in the last 2-3 days with winds today gusting upwards of 80. Last night and pretty much everyday but 1 since last tuesday it has been horrifying windy:rant:

Fernie Ski Hill received 18 CM in the last 24 hrs., and snow is in the forecast for the next few days.

Castle Mountain has had 5 CM in the last 24 hrs. The Funny thing their is that they has 113 CM's last week and the base is only 60 ish ( I honestly find that had to beleive unless that is totally groomed down ( Which it may be)

Be Careful out their.

I will give you a good report of Barnes/ Rolling Hills/Gardener and Macdonald later in the week.:)

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if castle said it snowed that much and that is there base they are telling the truth they are fairly accurate with reports! they have been doing grooming and ski packing plus the heavy heavy winds have packed and deposited the snow all over trust castle on what they say I just talked to my buddies who live out there and yes major grooming has taken place and there numbers on the base are pretty close

Maclintock

Reaction score
Well I have back country skiied and skiied at that resort a lot over the past 15 years and their reports are quite suspect most of the time, not saying that they are suspect thus far this year, but they have been a lot in the past;)

Top Bottom