B.C. risks return to severe pandemic restrictions

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol been awhile since you were in the game...... we run our plant at 175% of original design t/d, operators have ine of the hardest gigs these days at our plant

Bullchit! Skookumchuck is a 300 ton per day original design bleached kraft mill running at 800 tons now. Operators are still lazy fawks.

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If I was looking for work, dam rights. I've had worse jobs that pay less. Ever try cleaning vessels? Lots of fun.
Luckily I dont have to do that either.

Can they tik tok though is the real question.
View attachment 230251[/QUOTE]

I cleaned vessel's before they made us wear suits, only supplied air at best. Still would rather do that then look after the sick and elderly.

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UOTE]

I cleaned vessel's before they made us wear suits, only supplied air at best. Still would rather do that then look after the sick and elderly.[/QUOTE]

LMAO. ur sooo full of **** youd die if you went in there without supplied air in seconds.....

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UOTE]

I cleaned vessel's before they made us wear suits, only supplied air at best. Still would rather do that then look after the sick and elderly.

LMAO. ur sooo full of **** youd die if you went in there without supplied air in seconds.....[/QUOTE]

Me thinks your reading comprehension skills have failed you. He was using supplied air.......but no suit.

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me thinks your reading comprehension skills have failed you. He was using supplied air.......but no suit.[/QUOTE]

Ok smarty pants. what is ''at best'' supposed to mean? To me sounds like he is implying that they were lucky to get it....

Any ways the guy must really hate people if hed rather do that then bring old people soup and check their temperature :rolleyes:

Yep women every where listen to Swat, dont be a nurse, clean vessels! Way better than being a nurse.

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bullchit! Skookumchuck is a 300 ton per day original design bleached kraft mill running at 800 tons now. Operators are still lazy fawks.
Lol an 800 ton kraft mill, of course operators could be lazy, we average 1100t/d BCTMP and make over 30 different grades and change grades and species on the fly, 100% different operation, not even the same market

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I interviewed for there last month, was disappointed to not get it, seemed like a very cool operation
Ya pretty tough to get on if your not a young guy, been there since 2005, they dont hire anybody over 40, aging workforce is our issue

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Ya pretty tough to get on if your not a young guy, been there since 2005, they dont hire anybody over 40, aging workforce is our issue

My first interview was golden, but the second one didn't go so well. Seemed like a repeat of the first and I got flustered. Too bad because Dale and the others I met seemed like they would have been awesome folks to work with and I'm tired of construction. Living an hour away I think that was an issue for them, they seemed more worried about winter travel than I did. If I can load up a truck and trailer to head to BC in a blizzard an hour commute to Whitecourt is a walk in the park.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first interview was golden, but the second one didn't go so well. Seemed like a repeat of the first and I got flustered. Too bad because Dale and the others I met seemed like they would have been awesome folks to work with and I'm tired of construction. Living an hour away I think that was an issue for them, they seemed more worried about winter travel than I did. If I can load up a truck and trailer to head to BC in a blizzard an hour commute to Whitecourt is a walk in the park.
Thats too bad, all I can say is keep trying, some people get on second or third attempt. Good place to work, very consistent

Last edited:

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update- went snowmobiling in the blue zone for a few days as a red plate’r....nobody cared....

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Heard a good story from a reliable source about a swingin dick cop in Golden giving some Alberta boys 1000 dollar fines for non essential travel.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard a good story from a reliable source about a swingin dick cop in Golden giving some Alberta boys 1000 dollar fines for non essential travel.
Well........if its going to happen anywhere that would be the center of the universe

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fyi we have a hotspot going in Revelstoke and the skihill opens Friday ...... what could go wrong ? - DB03BE71-9D3F-4312-A95D-B8ADCF0BC8A0.jpg

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me thinks your reading comprehension skills have failed you. He was using supplied air.......but no suit.

Ok smarty pants. what is ''at best'' supposed to mean? To me sounds like he is implying that they were lucky to get it....

Any ways the guy must really hate people if hed rather do that then bring old people soup and check their temperature :rolleyes:

Yep women every where listen to Swat, dont be a nurse, clean vessels! Way better than being a nurse.[/QUOTE]

If all it was, was bringing old people soup im sure even you could handle it.

Top Bottom