B.C. risks return to severe pandemic restrictions

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys need to give your head a shake . I have three daughters that are nurses and they are working there tails off. I don't know where you get the Idea that this is normal but if you had to wear full PPE every day you wimps would be cowering in the corner. MY 2cents

I didn’t say it was normal .
Thank your daughters for us. It’s not easy I am sure .
Hug them lots .
Daughters need that . Take care

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I’d rather die working than lose everything sitting. Job with a pension sure feels good mentally during these times[/QUOTE]

Yeah no ****. Bet there would be tons of people willing to go look after some covid cases for 60$ an hour

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know where you get the Idea that this is normal but if you had to wear full PPE every day you wimps would be cowering in the corner. MY 2cents

:nono: I've been staying out of this but that crossed the line. Bad argument bud, and pretty damn condescending. Lots of people spend their lives working in full PPE. I spent 31 years as an electrician in a pulp mill, much of it in a lot more cumbersome PPE than the paper mask and latex gloves you'll find in a hospital. It's part of the job. You deal with it or leave. Doesn't make anyone a frickin hero.

full-arc-flash-suit.jpg salisbury-honeywell-sk40tc-pro-wear-arc-flash-clothing-kit-app1.jpg
SafetySuit.jpg
3cd30a6ac303d0591625350d2f38dc01.jpg

Arauco_MAPA_project.jpg

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d rather die working than lose everything sitting. Job with a pension sure feels good mentally during these times

Yeah no ****. Bet there would be tons of people willing to go look after some covid cases for 60$ an hour[/QUOTE]

Are you?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:nono: I've been staying out of this but that crossed the line. Bad argument bud, and pretty damn condescending. Lots of people spend their lives working in full PPE. I spent 31 years as an electrician in a pulp mill, much of it in a lot more cumbersome PPE than the paper mask and latex gloves you'll find in a hospital. It's part of the job. You deal with it or leave. Doesn't make anyone a frickin hero.

View attachment 230245View attachment 230249
View attachment 230246
View attachment 230247

View attachment 230248
Who you trying to fool, i work in a pulp mill and our electricians have the same suits, which they wear about .5% of the time while racking out the big equipment, rest of the time they drink coffee in their clean coveralls watching youtube........ hilarious

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d rather die working than lose everything sitting. Job with a pension sure feels good mentally during these times

Yeah no ****. Bet there would be tons of people willing to go look after some covid cases for 60$ an hour[/QUOTE]Sounds like a good gig to me as well, working tons of hours, sure dealing with sick people which have something that wont even make a healthy person sick barely, but work is work right now

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do appreciate the men and women who are helping us through this tough time, I truly do . And presently , it’s the Dr’s and nurses and hospital support staff who are called into extra duty and I’m sure it’s not pleasant. As I’m sure when a fireman goes to a fire , a policeman faces an armed nutcase, a S&R guy has to go out in a blizzard , a Coast Guard has to jump from a chopper into the water , or lately, a guy has to figure out how to feed and house his family on $2000 a month when he’s used to an income of far more than that !
I have really been bugged the last while by the expectation that people who have chosen a career, and are obviously satisfied with the career and the remuneration (or they’d quit) , but when called upon to step up in an emergency situation, which for those who chose that life is the norm , all of a sudden , doing what they chose to do , is an unreasonable burden !!!!!
Am I appreciative , absolutely , do I respect what they do , absolutely , do I have an expectation they will help me , absolutely . But I’m struggling a little bit with the hero status. And yes , I do realize that some, who have chosen this career will have a rethink during times like what’s going on in the medical world, and that’s fair, and normal.
I get this sounds harsh, and cold and unappreciative , but it’s not , it just seems some people want to be compensated commensurate to a skilled or dangerous job, then when called upon to step up to do what should have been expected and they’re trained for, it’s somehow hero status or above and beyond.
I truly do thank all the Dr’s and nurses and support staff who are risking their own and their families health daily to get us through this $hitty time.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
B
I do appreciate the men and women who are helping us through this tough time, I truly do . And presently , it’s the Dr’s and nurses and hospital support staff who are called into extra duty and I’m sure it’s not pleasant. As I’m sure when a fireman goes to a fire , a policeman faces an armed nutcase, a S&R guy has to go out in a blizzard , a Coast Guard has to jump from a chopper into the water , or lately, a guy has to figure out how to feed and house his family on $2000 a month when he’s used to an income of far more than that !
I have really been bugged the last while by the expectation that people who have chosen a career, and are obviously satisfied with the career and the remuneration (or they’d quit) , but when called upon to step up in an emergency situation, which for those who chose that life is the norm , all of a sudden , doing what they chose to do , is an unreasonable burden !!!!!
Am I appreciative , absolutely , do I respect what they do , absolutely , do I have an expectation they will help me , absolutely . But I’m struggling a little bit with the hero status. And yes , I do realize that some, who have chosen this career will have a rethink during times like what’s going on in the medical world, and that’s fair, and normal.
I get this sounds harsh, and cold and unappreciative , but it’s not , it just seems some people want to be compensated commensurate to a skilled or dangerous job, then when called upon to step up to do what should have been expected and they’re trained for, it’s somehow hero status or above and beyond.
I truly do thank all the Dr’s and nurses and support staff who are risking their own and their families health daily to get us through this $hitty time.

BOOM. Love it !

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Who you trying to fool, i work in a pulp mill and our electricians have the same suits, which they wear about .5% of the time while racking out the big equipment, rest of the time they drink coffee in their clean coveralls watching youtube........ hilarious

Are you at the Millar Western mill in Whitecourt?

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah no ****. Bet there would be tons of people willing to go look after some covid cases for 60$ an hour

Are you?[/QUOTE]

If I was looking for work, dam rights. I've had worse jobs that pay less. Ever try cleaning vessels? Lots of fun.
Luckily I dont have to do that either.

Can they tik tok though is the real question.
3464308_origd964-1.jpg

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and you believe that?

When one really delves into the cause of death records (the media will never report this) there are a lot of extenuating circumstances and other factors involved but lo' and behold...............COVID is listed as the cause of death in most cases but not really the cause of death.

Kind of like if they quit all the testing there wouldn't be all the fear mongering. The numbers would be way down. People can test positive for COVID and not be sick and how do you think the is reported. Hell, they could even be in intensive care as far as the media reports.

That's called comorbidity....having more than one disease.

I've always had trouble accepting this argument from those trying to minimize the numbers. It does NOT matter what if or what the person previously had as an ailment....if they died because the contacted COVID, then they died of COVID.

If you are dying of cancer and while crossing the street you get hit by a car and get killed...the cause of death is motor vehicle accident, not Cancer.

Does comorbidity increase the chances of dying?....very possible. But that doesn't mean that the cause of death should be listed as Cancer, or high blood pressure....the person died because he contacted COVID.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've always had trouble accepting this argument from those trying to minimize the numbers. It does NOT matter what if or what the person previously had as an ailment....if they died because the contacted COVID, then they died of COVID.

If you are dying of cancer and while crossing the street you get hit by a car and get killed...the cause of death is motor vehicle accident, not Cancer.

Does comorbidity increase the chances of dying?....very possible. But that doesn't mean that the cause of death should be listed as Cancer, or high blood pressure....the person died because he contacted COVID.

Yeah but having cancer doesn’t increase your risk of getting hit by a car.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If having cancer increased your chances of getting hit by a car by 99% then yes, you would have a valid argument

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ha, ha! Nope. That's a dog fawkin operators job.

Top Bottom