avy free zones in revy?

jackinthebox

Reaction score
My wife and i have a cabin at glacier house weekend of the jan 22-25,and was wondering if there is still riding that is available that is avy free zone areas?
Seems the wife is a little worried right now with all whats happenin and doesnt think we should go but,i still wannna do the trip.
thoughts all.
thanks.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife and i have a cabin at glacier house weekend of the jan 22-25,and was wondering if there is still riding that is available that is avy free zone areas?
Seems the wife is a little worried right now with all whats happenin and doesnt think we should go but,i still wannna do the trip.
thoughts all.
thanks.

well the trail there is almost 100% safe, lets just hope this stuff slides (at midnite) and a more stable pack can develop,
I am sure some locals can send ya in a safe direction... good luck have fun and stay off the steeper slopes, rolling hills and meadows without big drainage areas are your best bet.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty much all frisby is ava.free one bowl passed green tower would be sliding.and unless your going crazy boulder good for go!just lots of snow

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are going to be riding either Bolder or Frizby on the 24th and 25th. We are staying at Peeks Lodge. If you want to meet up that would be great. There are two guys comming with us that have never rode the mountains before. With avy danger the way it is we are going to play it safe and play in the trees.

dakinns

Reaction score
Tons of safe zones to play in at boulder this past weekend. We rode easy in on Saturday in Blaeberry (Golden) Condtions up top are scary right now but tons of fun and safe meadow riding. We rode Boulder on Sunday. The Snow is great. So many fun places up there away from slopes to play. We had fresh tracks all day and snow was stable on all low aspects.

Attachments

• DSC05103.JPG
    DSC05103.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC05139.JPG
    DSC05139.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC05143.JPG
    DSC05143.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC05142.JPG
    DSC05142.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 76

jackinthebox

Reaction score
keep comments comin please,helps me with convincing(showing) the wife whats up.

ps.......nice pics good air..

Gromit

Reaction score
My husband and I were talking today about where we're going sledding in the next little while since we had made plans to go to other places than Revy which is our usual and frequent destination. We decided that Boulder and Frisby will be our choices and while we are very familiar with those areas, we'll stay away from the super steep slopes and stick to the safer places like the meadows and trees. There are lots of those so you will have fun. My husband likes to take his turbo'd Dragon and try to slay all the slopes but even he is saying not at this time.

In the meantime though, make sure both of you have all your survival gear in your backpacks on your backs. I'm sure you know this.

Hemi and I are going to play "Find the Beacon" tonight to improve our survival skills..:eek::eek: hahaha:eek:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
MoTSA has put together a new tool for us to use. It is an aerial(sp?) pic. of Boulder the one that was made into a poster a couple yrs. ago for a fundraiser. The areas are named and rated, the avaluator is there and the number is listed for you to call for avy conditions. A sign for Frisby will also be put up soon. Ken Gibson had it done for us and it was used at Avalanche Awareness Day, it will be at the Boulder trailhead. Thanks Ken.

jackinthebox

Reaction score
Nice to have locals and long timers give feedback.I ride hunters,sicamous,greystokes,fernie,elkford and have been into eagles thru boulder a couple years ago,BUT with a few serious expereinced riders.
Frisby looks intersting.......keep comments flowin.

have fun finding the beacon gromit.:p

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Frisby is way different than Boulder and you can ride to both mtns. from GH. I love both mtns. at my age groomed trails rock.
Gromit who found the beacon?

Reaction score
I want to know how deep the Beacon was burried:eek: What kind of search was done... cavity? or was there just probing involved?:bandance:

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thoughts all.
thanks.

At this point i don't think there is such a place this year, short of the parking lot. Anywhere in the mountains poses a risk for an avalanche or a slough. I witnessed an avy on the weekend in the notch with Dobir this weekend where three knuckle heads were ridin where they shouldn't have been ridin. I was with a group of eight experienced riders who had a great time and were very cautious about where we rode. Stop and take a look at the surroundings and follow your gut feeling. Revy stills has lots of groomed trail riding that would keep you away from the white monster. I'm heading back to revy at the end of jan for three days of i'm sure will be safe and great ridin.

kmclean

Reaction score
:beer:were comming out on the 21st and will be riding Boulder on the 22nd, i will be bringing a guy too that has never rode the mountains before, so we will be staying low, maybe catch up to guys at the cabin.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
There are a lot of trails to travel and when you slow down, sights to see on the trail system here. You can cover a lot of ground, get a map from GH or from the trailhead. Both mtns. are groomed above the cabins to the alpine.

Sure hope the condions improve. The CAC told us to check GNP`s report because we are on the N/S border of the Columbia and those parks guys put out a good report.

Bad group. :d

Top Bottom