Area west of REvy photo's

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I was sworn to not to tell the area name guys, the spot it is "near" Griffin but not griffin, unless somebody who has been there takes you in it would be very, very hard to find, also unless you are really good the way I was took in was nasty, I can only imagine how it would be to break into there first, I would suspect turbo only or bad ass sledder... we were lucky that the trail was not bad, i did get "high centered" on my running boards in one nasty trench( so did the other 3 guys I was with) we had to fill in the trench then go up it) other than that it was do-able,lots of sidehilling and bushwaking to get in, but when you do it's pow city.
Anyhow, just trying to clear things up........Out of respect to the locals(person/ long time friend that took me there) I cannot reveal the locations name though.
I just wanted to share some cool photo's with you all....

Canadian JR

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing this up. I thought I was right at first but also would not say the name of this area. I am not a fan of the route required to get into that area but your right. To many of the locals this is an area that they want to keep private. Definitely not an area for the average rider anyway. Lots of trouble and sled carnage occurs trying to get in there.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I was sworn to not to tell the area name guys, the spot it is "near" Griffin but not griffin, unless somebody who has been there takes you in it would be very, very hard to find, also unless you are really good the way I was took in was nasty, I can only imagine how it would be to break into there first, I would suspect turbo only or bad ass sledder... we were lucky that the trail was not bad, i did get "high centered" on my running boards in one nasty trench( so did the other 3 guys I was with) we had to fill in the trench then go up it) other than that it was do-able,lots of sidehilling and bushwaking to get in, but when you do it's pow city.
Anyhow, just trying to clear things up........Out of respect to the locals(person/ long time friend that took me there) I cannot reveal the locations name though.
i live just down the road in the loops, borderline local :d,,,that mean u can tell me where its at?

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I call B.S :d

dycker

Reaction score
We were in the 'un-named' area for our first time on the weekend. It was awesome but I will not go in their after it has stormed. It would be an all day afair getting in, and the first bowl did not give me the warm fuzzies. Anyways, you could tell the world about this area and a good chunk of riders wouldn't make it in ... even with a trial.

Kudos to whomever broke trail in. The first creek looked like a war zone! After breaking trail into Caribou late November, this one was owed to us.

We also rode Griffin on day two, its such a small area, don't think I'll go there again ;)

JayZee

Reaction score
I like to refer to this area as Boulder also...so I think everyone should go to Boulder....while your there check out Frisby too.

Daves photos confimed for me that this was the area that I thought it was. Have jumped off of that cornice in Steel Towns photos a number of times. Have not been back in there for years. Also had some locals show us this area and I have not shaired it with anyone since, except with my other buddy that was with us. First time in there was on my 98 Summit X 670 and getting through that first creek area took half of a day.

By the looks of this thread it sounds like more people then I thought know about this area. Let's keep its location on the down low...all of my other secret areas have slowly been taken over.

allrevsrule

Reaction score
I have also been there and absolutly love it and i dont tell a sole better to delete this thread and save the area! Who ever started the thread can end it also and save the area! Very few areas like this left.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its anything like Cariboo, Keystone, 51 or even Sale 90% of riders will never go there anyway, you could put a map on here and unless someone drags you in its straight to boulder. And now im curious because I stay with a local guy when I ride and hes never taken us there and hes been around revy for a while.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why there is so much discussion about the location in the photos...I've been there before...it's definitely Eatonia, Saskatchewan:p

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have also been there and absolutly love it and i dont tell a sole better to delete this thread and save the area! Who ever started the thread can end it also and save the area! Very few areas like this left.

Ya and you can only get there with a tuke over yor head and laying on floor????? Right!~:nono:

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll name it ...................Joss!Guess if you don't know how to get there doesn't matter much:d

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll name it ...................Joss!Guess if you don't know how to get there doesn't matter much:d

Where is a good place to unload to get up into Joss to get up to that lookout cabin/shelter? Looks like a wicked place to go and see!!

bushwackin

Reaction score
We won't go in there unless things are very stable. There's at least a couple of bad looking avy slopes you have to cross under to get into the area

Top Bottom